AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Manga] Naruto Chapter 668 Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=124923)

james0246 2014-03-12 00:50

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 668 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

Starting the thread a little early. Hopefully spoilers will be out in a few hours.

for3ver 2014-03-12 02:32

So the the green beast can turn super saiyan?

ranchan13 2014-03-12 02:51

Guy's flashback to his dad?
Yup, that's a death flag

for3ver 2014-03-12 02:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranchan13 (Post 5041436)
Guy's flashback to his dad?
Yup, that's a death flag

Don't worry~

Give it another 100 chapters and we'll have a second Nagato~

battle22 2014-03-12 02:56

Kishimoto always does this. Flashbacks=The character is dead, or will lose.

The Small One 2014-03-12 03:28

So Gai had the same „can't use Chakra”-Problem when he was a child. Wonder when he developped this skills then.

Breimoon 2014-03-12 03:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by for3ver (Post 5041437)
Don't worry~

Give it another 100 chapters and we'll have a second Nagato~

it is for this same reason i am not even worried who dies or not, after all everyone will just be resurrected. I really hope mangaka does not do this though.

Ihaxlikenoob 2014-03-12 04:03

Goddamnit, here I thought we could actually see the Eight Gate in action today, instead all we get is a tease and a cliffhanger... :/

ImperialFlameGod8190 2014-03-12 04:10

Well yea this is about right a chapter for his sad backstory and then he opens the gate that's typical and we should've expected it

Luminion Lancer 2014-03-12 07:22

-So PapaGuy was a mustached, jolly eternal genin (read: was one for 20 years)...and then he died while introducing the Death Gate to the 7 Swordsmen. Alright, I can dig it. At least we know why Guy is the way that he is. Still doesn't explain why PapaGuy said Guy can't do ninjutsu or genjutsu when we've clearly seen him performing summons. Oh well, not like it matters. Guy will fail even with the Death Gate, possibly die and then rezzed by newly ascended God Ninja Naruto somewhere down the line.

alviam099 2014-03-12 07:32

So it was called Night Elephant. Wonder how much damage that would make.

So much difference with PapaGuy, Guy's could be considered Konoha's strongest jounin right now after all.

GDB 2014-03-12 08:05

Boring chapter. Can only tease stuff and then delay it for just so long. Death Gate cannot possibly win. If he wants to win, he must unleash the Steins Gate.

~Yami~ 2014-03-12 08:13

Death Gate would be pointless since Gai isn't a main character

well, Gai's dad is awesome... so there is actually an eternal-genin with only one good skill, eh?

anyway, Rock-lee's reaction is too plain... he should be more sad...

Ak3mi 2014-03-12 08:19

Gai is so badass, shame he wont defeat Madara, he'll just go out in a blaze of glory. Shame its a cliffhanger :(

Artimus_Prime 2014-03-12 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by itachi-san314 (Post 5040504)
haha it would be funny if it turned out to be really slow instead. perhaps 'evening sloth'

i thought about 'elephant' for a hot second then changed my mind lol.

anywho, i forgot there has to be a flashback before the fall, otherwise i would not have spent the last week being so hype :D

we have know since chuunin exams that eighth gate was certain death and while it is also known that Gai wont be the one to defeat madara i believe he'll make a significant impact (dat kid gohan vs raditz)

i was quietly hoping that it would be revealed that all this time lee is gai's son...wishful thinking again.

my guess is that Might Dai kill hauled one of the swordsmen that day :)

(Fiery eyebrows ftw!)

Casshern 2014-03-12 09:22

Holy shit Gai had a father? I always thought he was born from an egg... on a mountain-top.

Eragon 2014-03-12 09:43

Supah Saiyan 5 Gai is the best guy.

Sinedd 2014-03-12 10:07

Chapter 668: The Beginning of the Red Spring
I expected Gai to use the Final Gate, but instead we get boring flashbacks with him and his father. He could have showed this earlier...
Kishimoto, always connected to the past...A bit too much!
At least we get to see who is Gai's father...Might Dai.
Rember Raiga, one of the members of the Seven Shinobi Swordsmen? Well, he makes his debut in manga (he only appeared in Anime). And it's not only Raiga cuz another Seven Shinobi Swordsmen member makes his debut, but we don't know his name...

itachi-san314 2014-03-12 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime (Post 5041609)
i thought about 'elephant' for a hot second then changed my mind lol.

haha me too. but i couldn't think of what type of move it would be. ...still can't :heh:

Quote:

anywho, i forgot there has to be a flashback before the fall, otherwise i would not have spent the last week being so hype :D
yep. highly predictable yet for some reason nobody saw it coming

Quote:

i was quietly hoping that it would be revealed that all this time lee is gai's son...wishful thinking again.
me too. it still makes no sense that lee is exactly like him for no reason

Quote:

my guess is that Might Dai kill hauled one of the swordsmen that day :)
yea i don't think he went 8 gates (but he might have i guess. either way he obviously didnt win, but i think we're supposed to assume he killed some of them

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casshern (Post 5041612)
Holy shit Gai had a father? I always thought he was born from an egg... on a mountain-top.

you're thinking of Lee. but yea i never really expected gai's father to make an appearance

Wandering Soul 2014-03-12 10:51

This was a boring chapter. I expected to see some eight gate action but instead we get a drawn out flashback. I really should have seen that coming.