AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Your First "Anime Crush" (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=92935)

HayashiTakara 2010-04-12 19:21

Your First "Anime Crush"

Ok, that title may be a little confusing but I wasn't sure how to word it better so forgive me for any misunderstandings :heh:

To clarify; as kids we have a strange sense of rationality and understanding of reality. Hell, the same can be said as us adults. But to the point; what anime girl / guy that first attracted you in the fashion of a "crush" / love.

For me it was in the 80's as a young boy watching anime on t.v after my mom got done watching her j-dramas. I developed a crush on:

A-KO; from Project A-KO:

and

Ranma; from Ranma 1/2: (I think that somewhere in the back of my mind I convinced myself that the female transformation was a separate person >_>)

I think I may have had a thing for red heads, I actually liked Ariel the little mermaid too >_> lol :heh:

Rajura 2010-04-12 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayashiTakara
Ranma; from Ranma 1/2: (I think that somewhere in the back of my mind I convinced myself that the female transformation was a separate person >_>)

Whatever helps you sleep at night hahahaha j/k!

I never really ever watched a show for a female character when I was growing up.

Closest I could say I have ever come to this would be with Holo now. Her personality just melds a lot of traits of a girl from previous relationship that I still think back very fondly on. Oddly enough, I have found myself attracted to girls with those traits in general over the years so...

Man, am I trying to sabotage a current, real relationship by typing about this again? You might think that, but thank goodness for understanding girls!

GreatTeacherKen 2010-04-12 19:57

Sailor Mars/ Rei Hino from Sailor Moon. I think she started my love of female characters who are tall, have long hair and a sort of 'mature' vibe.

HayashiTakara 2010-04-12 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen (Post 3000736)
Sailor Mars/ Rei Hino from Sailor Moon. I think she started my love of female characters who are tall, have long hair and a sort of 'mature' vibe.

I liked her too, but didn't bother listing her because I didn't see the show until the early-mid 90's, so it wouldn't constitute as a "first" for me.

GuidoHunter_Toki 2010-04-12 20:51

Probably Sakura from Cardcaptors.

I think I was around ten at that time.

0utf0xZer0 2010-04-12 20:54

Well, I didn't get into anime until around 2005 so my examples will probably be more recent. I think I sort of had an anime crush on Teletha Testarossa at one point, but the first one I distinctly remember was Eruruu from Utawarerumono, followed shortly after by Yuki Nagato.

Weirdly enough, I can actually credit anime (and especially cosplay blogs) with getting me a girlfriend... I was kind of indifferent towards girls previously.:heh:

SeijiSensei 2010-04-12 21:00

I'd have to say my first crush was Nina Fortner in Monster. She had it all -- looks, intelligence, sensitivity, and bravery, not to mention that dress. When I watched Monster, I was about three times Nina's age, but, hey, a guy can dream, right?

Ultra Violet 2010-04-12 21:16

Lol I had this huge crush on Seto Kaiba then....

:heh:

RWBladewing 2010-04-12 21:19

Sailor Mercury. I still have a thing for the quiet ones, heh.

grylsyjaeger 2010-04-12 22:31

Kaname Chidori.

Still smitten.

Vexx 2010-04-13 00:22

Very first "yeah, I'd marry her" anime character ... easy call:

Motoko Aoyama from Love Hina (kendo girl for those less familiar). That was one of the earliest series I encountered in my foray into modern anime. My earlier anime adventures ('60s and early '90s), no one got my attention at all.

Most of my favorites fall into two types: variations on her type (e.g. Mai/Kanon, Sakaki/AzuDa, Balsa/Moribito, and even Kagami/L*S or Mio/K-On!). The other type is the small tsundere (e.g. Taiga/TD, Hazuki/TMP, Togame/Katanagatari, and yeah my wife).

imbehindyou 2010-04-13 00:28

My first "anime crush" would be Asuka Jr. (Asuka Daiki) from Saint Tail, I think. Childhood crush yaaaaaaay.

HayashiTakara 2010-04-13 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx (Post 3001069)

Motoko Aoyama

Good one there, I can't blame ya' XD

0utf0xZer0 2010-04-13 01:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx (Post 3001069)

Motoko Aoyama from Love Hina (kendo girl for those less familiar). That was one of the earliest series I encountered in my foray into modern anime. My earlier anime adventures ('60s and early '90s), no one got my attention at all.

Most of my favorites fall into two types: variations on her type (e.g. Mai/Kanon, Sakaki/AzuDa, Balsa/Moribito, and even Kagami/L*S or Mio/K-On!). The other type is the small tsundere (e.g. Taiga/TD, Hazuki/TMP, Togame/Katanagatari, and yeah my wife).

With Motoko and Sakaki appearing on the first list, I don't suppose you have a biased towards characters voiced by Yuu Asakawa? Kind of like I have a bias towards characters voiced by Noto Mamiko?

yummysakura 2010-04-13 04:36

I was smitten by Kuroudo Marume in Crush Gear Turbo, he seems mysterious and not so friendly. Probably because I have a thing for guys who has a mysterious personality. ;)

chichi13 2010-04-13 05:13

prince HOTOHORI !!! that was the first time that i'd got a crush on an anime character .. hahahaha

A l l e l u j a h 2010-04-13 10:00

My first anime crush would be Ruriko Ikusawa from gatekeepers.

roriconfan 2010-04-13 10:22

Ah, I am so old... I see your favs and man, I am old!

Mine was in fact April from Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs. By the way, I had no idea what their original Japanese names were back then.

Surprisingly, my first cartoon crush was also a woman named April, the news reporter from the old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

woodearth 2010-04-13 10:26

Ayukawa Madoka.

Spartanz1170 2010-04-13 10:26

Rena Ryuguu and The Sonozaki Twins from Higurashi, i have a thing for crazy chicks