AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Hakushaku to Yousei (Earl and Fairy) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=69835)

Simon 2008-08-10 01:23

Hakushaku to Yousei (Earl and Fairy)

伯爵と妖精 ("Earl and Fairy")

Starts airing October 2008

Official site - ANN encyclopedia - Broadcast schedule - Wikipedia

Based on a series of light novels by Tani Mizue. The story is serialised in the shoujo anthology magazine Cobalt and the novels are published by Cobalt Bunko. Synopsis from ANN:

Quote:

Set in Victorian-era England, the light novels follow a 17-year-old named Lydia Carlton whose fascination with fairies led to her nickname, the "Fairy Doctor." While sailing to London, Lydia encounters Edgar J.C. Ashenbert, the Count of the Blue Knights, and joins him on his search for the sword of his family lineage.
(ANN translates 伯爵 as "Count", but according to the OED "Earl" is more appropriate for an English setting.)

Start date for the anime was announced in the September 2008 issue of Cobalt.

Staff:Cast:
So, let's see... A long-running shoujo novel series from the same source as Marimite. A director and sound director who worked together on Mushishi. A veteran cast unchanged from the drama CDs. If this doesn't bode well then I don't know what does.

Exact on-air dates are still to be announced, but AT-X will be screening a "special talk show" with the cast on September 28th.

Shiroth 2008-08-10 07:06

I could watch this, i mean it sounds interesting enough --- though i just hope it could hold out not becoming to ahead of itself. Also i'll watch anything just for Takehito Koyasu.

Was gonna check out the source material, though i think i'll wait until it airs.

Katapan 2008-08-10 07:29

Well, the fact that this is done by Artland and some of their most talented people that have worked on Bokura ga Ita does make me want to see what this'll be like. But damn, I think I'd be willing to check the series for this alone:

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/2787/221yw2.th.jpg

Ah, if this isn't some wonderful character design... :heh:

Shiroth 2008-08-10 07:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katapan (Post 1792176)
Ah, if this isn't some wonderful character design... :heh:

Oh my, the neck tie makes that design all the more wonderful.

sapphire-pyro 2008-08-11 10:47

I cannot wait to watch this :) Looking good! :D

LKK 2008-08-11 11:51

This is on my Definitely Plan to Watch list. I'm looking forward to it. The character designs appeal to me as does the plot summary.

mistress_kisara 2008-08-11 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 1795849)
This is on my Definitely Plan to Watch list. I'm looking forward to it. The character designs appeal to me as does the plot summary.

Me too! the seiyuus look good too! (Hikaru Midorikawa, Nana Mizuki and Tomokazu Sugita!!);)

cyth 2008-08-15 10:39

Someone took a cam recording of the C74 trailer. Looks decent... Hopefully, it'll be more of a Ouran-esque type of light shoujo with a touch of Horoism.

Westlo 2008-08-15 11:07

That cat is made of win.

musume_no_hoshi 2008-08-16 18:13

The cat! The cat! <3

It looks perfectly fine and well made with the trailer, added points for being Shoujo, nice character designs and favourite seiyuu Nana Mizuki ~

For some reason, I'm feeling the vibes from Neo Angelique Alybss, I hope I'm totally wrong.

She-Chan 2008-08-18 15:42

I fell in love with this anime from the first sight, I think that it's going to be aired on 28th of Sep.

The Chaos 2008-08-18 15:49

I'll Add This anime to my List ...The Story Don't Sound bad :p

LKK 2008-08-29 15:12

The trailer (seen in a previous post) has been added to the official web site in the Special section. ("Special" is the name of the link at the top of the main page.) You'll need a Quicktime player to see the video.

Web site main page: http://www.myfairy.tv/index.html

White Manju Bun 2008-08-29 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistress_kisara (Post 1795967)
Me too! the seiyuus look good too! (Hikaru Midorikawa, Nana Mizuki and Tomokazu Sugita!!);)

Oh for goodness sake...again another anime like Skip Beat which Ill soley be trying based on the seiyuu cast. :D

Midorikawa and Sugita <3 And Koyasu Takehito, Im in heaven~

Shiroth 2008-08-29 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Manju Bun (Post 1848017)
And Koyasu Takehito

Even though i was planning to watch this series anyway, there's my soul reason for checking it out.

The Chaos 2008-08-29 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 1847986)
The trailer (seen in a previous post) has been added to the official web site in the Special section. ("Special" is the name of the link at the top of the main page.) You'll need a Quicktime player to see the video.

Web site main page: http://www.myfairy.tv/index.html

Thanks For The Like LKK-San ...Now The Cat Really Weird O_o
But The Character Design Wasn't Bad at all..:nod:

White Manju Bun 2008-08-29 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 1848045)
Even though i was planning to watch this series anyway, there's my soul reason for checking it out.

Figured :heh:

Hmmm hopefully Artland uses the people who did Bokura and not the ones who do Hitman Reborn :heh:

monir 2008-08-29 16:10

Interesting synopsis of the story. Might become something of good watch behind all the sparkling, conical-chinned character design.

Yushi 2008-08-29 16:32

X3 Oooh I love the character designs and the main guy and girl both look awesome. Hopefully there will be some cute romance without too much comedy *is getting tired of all these romantic comedies with WAY more comedy than romance*
=D And from first glance, the guys don't look like losers/wimps, yay!

Shiroth 2008-08-29 18:31

Just watched the promo, and i'm loving the character designs in motion. This could be the best looking series to air this fall.

Shame we don't hear any of the VA's in action though.