AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Haruhi Suzumiya (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Episode 23 Discussion / Poll [2009 added ep. 13] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85848)

Triple_R 2009-11-18 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smeghead (Post 2774320)
Your being a little too hard on Kyon there, who would have thought Haruhi would create a time loop because Kyon hadn't done his homework.

Time loop after time loop after time loop... Kyon didn't try a darn thing to try to break out of the time loop. He just completely froze time after time after time.

Look, that is very unimaginative. It really is.

So no, I'm not being too hard on Kyon here. He really did screw up massively here.

Heatth 2009-11-18 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple_R (Post 2774324)
Time loop after time loop after time loop... Kyon didn't try a darn thing to try to break out of the time loop. He just completely froze time after time after time.

Look, that is very unimaginative. It really is.

So no, I'm not being too hard on Kyon here. He really did screw up massively here.

I mostly blame the anime for that. The novel only shows one loop, therefore, there he was cunning enough to get what it was needed to be done. In the anime, however, it was show 8 times, of what 6 he have know the situation and haven't done a thing.

I wouldn't want t judge Kyon by KyoAni's mistake.

Triple_R 2009-11-18 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heatth (Post 2774337)
I mostly blame the anime for that. The novel only shows one loop, therefore, there he was cunning enough to get what it was needed to be done. In the anime, however, it was show 8 times, of what 6 he have know the situation and haven't done a thing.

I wouldn't want t judge Kyon by KyoAni's mistake.

Well... that works too.

I certainly can't blame Kyon fans for not wanting to consider KyoAni's take on E8 canon. :heh:

Jintor 2009-11-18 20:14

Well, he was just leaving his work to the Kyon who was going to break out of the time loop. There's no loss! Except poor Nagato. :<

Kogetsu Shirogane 2009-11-18 20:22

The Brigade(Haruhi included) doing anything on that last day would have stopped the loop. Anything. Seriously, what part of that aren't people getting? :heh:

Heatth 2009-11-18 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane (Post 2774437)
The Brigade(Haruhi included) doing anything on that last day would have stopped the loop. Anything. Seriously, what part of that aren't people getting? :heh:

This is just a theory. Had Tanigawa any participation on these episodes?

OkamiNoKaze 2009-11-18 21:26

Quote:

I agree with that, it wasn't the homework in particular, anything would have worked that wasn't already on the list and checked off. Also E8 anime shows 6 failed loops after the revelation of the loops, to me that's just showing 6 of 15,000 odd times he failed. regardless he still failed that many times in the novels we just don't see them.

Heatth 2009-11-19 04:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze (Post 2774519)
I agree with that, it wasn't the homework in particular, anything would have worked that wasn't already on the list and checked off. Also E8 anime shows 6 failed loops after the revelation of the loops, to me that's just showing 6 of 15,000 odd times he failed. regardless he still failed that many times in the novels we just don't see them.

One thing is failing, other thing is don't doing nothing (therefore, you couldn't call it a "fail"). Again, a theory is a theory. Unless Tanigawa state so himself, I wouldn't consider it canon, specially not based on KyoAni failure.

Beside, giving the nature of the loops, it wouldn't be fair consider he had "faild 15,000 times", as he can't remeber, therefore can't learn with it" any of that fails. All these fails are as bad as just one, as from his point of view it is just that. (actually, from his POV he hadn't failed at all).

Annalizing even more, the, huh, "decision" of postpone could be called "correct". From Kyon's POV, no matter how much times it took, as he wouldn't remember anyway. As things gradually changes, eventually the problem would be solved (as it was). If anything I would call him a jerk for not caring that much with Yuki (it was only after taht he started to see her less as a robot and more as a human, after all).

Tyabann 2009-11-19 06:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze (Post 2774519)
I agree with that, it wasn't the homework in particular, anything would have worked that wasn't already on the list and checked off.

Actually, it may simply have been that Haruhi wanted to go to Kyon's house.

Or that she was giving him a chance to finish his homework.

Either or.

Jintor 2009-11-19 08:25

Quote:

A) This isn't established.

B) Kyon doesn't know what he has or has not done to perpetuate the loop so far (Why he doesn't ask Yuki to tell him what he has done in past loops is a mystery. Possible he's just trying to avoid thinking about it), and so anything he does may perpetuate the loop.

C) As said before, he's just leaving it to the next Kyon to deal with. No losses!

Heatth has the right of it.

Ansalem 2009-11-19 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jintor (Post 2775116)
A) This isn't established.

B) Kyon doesn't know what he has or has not done to perpetuate the loop so far (Why he doesn't ask Yuki to tell him what he has done in past loops is a mystery. Possible he's just trying to avoid thinking about it), and so anything he does may perpetuate the loop.

C) As said before, he's just leaving it to the next Kyon to deal with. No losses!

Heatth has the right of it.

What he really should have done was have Data send himself a message in the next iteration so that he subconsciously causes the number three to appear an inordinate amount of times, thus indicating that from the number of insignia that Riker's solution was the...wait...wrong time loop.

Heatth 2009-11-19 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ansalem (Post 2775121)
What he really should have done was have Data send himself a message in the next iteration so that he subconsciously causes the number three to appear an inordinate amount of times, thus indicating that from the number of insignia that Riker's solution was the...wait...wrong time loop.

This would be a good idea, but, it can be done? The interfaces can share data with thenself, but I doubt humans can do so. Of couse he just needed to ask Yuki to tell him. My guess is he didn't want to have Yuki list every thing they tryed in all these loops.

Triple_R 2009-11-19 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ansalem (Post 2775121)

Ha ha ha.... I loved that Star Trek: TNG episode. ;)

Yes, as I said back during the heights of E8, Kyon could really use some pointers from Geordi LaForge and Data on how to handle a time loop... :heh: