AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Drakengard 3 (PS3) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=118332)

Edge Meltdown 2013-03-13 06:56

Drakengard 3 (PS3)

It looks like I finally got some of my wish granted-ish.

Quote:

Look at the bottom left of this Famitsu scan:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFMzBrpCUAAgr8Z.jpg:large

So SQEX have announced a HD game and plan to release it in the same year they've announced it? Kudos.

That means the following are coming to PS3 this year from SQEX Japan:

- FFXIV A Realm Reborn: Summer 2013
- FFXIII Lightning Returns : Fall 2013
- KH 1.5 HD ReMIX: Fall 2013
- Drakengard 3: 2013

Not a bad. Hopefully, FF Versus XIII may fit in there or release in Spring 2014.

Here's more:

http://kotaku.com/5990272/first-look-at-drakengard-3
I was hoping to see a prequel with Caim and Angelus in it but I guess we can't have everything in life, I guess... :heh:

Kyero Fox 2013-03-13 07:09

^ Nope no Caim and Angelus but some chick with a flower eye, She looks pretty cool but I'm mainly interested in IF ITS COMING TO MURICA!

Westlo 2013-03-13 07:11

Honestly if Versus comes out, it will be for the Ps4, same with Last Guardian.

Nightengale 2013-03-13 07:31

Drakengard's always had great ideas, but rather poor execution. ( in both story and gameplay )

Nevertheless, it's still one of my favourite crapsack fantasy setting, with good design and nice music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown (Post 4588955)
I was hoping to see a prequel with Caim and Angelus in it but I guess we can't have everything in life, I guess... :heh:

They've suffered enough. ;-;

I just hope the 3rd series doesn't crap all over Nowe, assuming it's still in a similar timeline.

Suffering, despair and crazy gods may be an everyday occurence in Drakengardverse, but Drakengard's already ruined one couple's love. Keep away from the other!

farios 2013-03-13 09:30

Who needs Versus if you can have Drakengard 3...okay that was a joke but damn if Drakengard with Nier music composer doesn't make my day...

Edge Meltdown 2013-03-13 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale (Post 4588975)
Drakengard's always had great ideas, but rather poor execution. ( in both story and gameplay )

Nevertheless, it's still one of my favourite crapsack fantasy setting, with good design and nice music.

They've suffered enough. ;-;

I just hope the 3rd series doesn't crap all over Nowe, assuming it's still in a similar timeline.

Suffering, despair and crazy gods may be an everyday occurence in Drakengardverse, but Drakengard's already ruined one couple's love. Keep away from the other!

That's definitely true... after all the crap they've been through in the first game these two really deserve their rest.

Although, having them being mentioned is all good to me even if they're not shown.

Tbh, I'd rather see anyone than Nowe... To me, he was probably the only character to irk me so much to begin with. Hell, I'd even favor that emo Inuart over him any day :heh:

Iron Maw 2013-03-13 11:47

Now there's one series I never thought I'd see again. The main forces of the Drakengard and Nier team are back too. Different dev though, hopefully it's more batshit al'a DK1 and less whatever that was DK2. :p

From Duckroll at NeoGAF:

Quote:

Producer: Takamasa Shiba
Creative Director and Scenario: Yoko Taro
Character Design: Kimihiko Fujisaki
Music Director: Keiichi Okabe
Developer: Access Games
Publisher: Square Enix

- Ground combat missions and dragon aerial combat confirmed
- High speed action
- Zero uses a sword
Quote:

Some more info:

The Utautai (Songstress) are people who exhibit the ability to manipulate magic using songs. The main missions in the game take place on the ground, and the power of the power of the player increases when exposed to blood splatter. Sounds like a M rated game like the previous ones.
Quote:

The game sure sounds like a hard M-rated game. Blood apparently remains on character clothing and skin (ties in with gameplay too I guess), Zero is a liberal minded woman who is open to sexual relations with multiple partners, the visual themes in the game appear to be "erotic" and "bloodstained", etc.
Scans featuring great artwork as expected of Kimihiko:

Iron Maw 2013-03-13 23:18

Official site up.

Dunno about anyone else, but One really looks like Manah to me.

EDIT: Yeah this definitely looks like Drakengard game after viewing the screens, empty environments, lackluster in game models, and texture all in all. Barely better than Nier really. lol Still very interested though.

Hopefully the game comes across better in motion.

Edge Meltdown 2013-03-13 23:56

She could be a Manah clone made by the Watchers? or maybe Manah's or Nowe daughter? (if they ever end up with one another after Drakengard 2 or survive after the 3rd ending)

I get the feeling "Growing wings" is going to be still the main theme song of the game... at least that's what I got after hearing the song at the official site.

I hope I can somehow play as Caim or as the other playable characters from Drakengard 1, but it's more than likely they're going to become DLC if they'll be included... *sigh*

Xefi 2013-03-14 00:13

nice to see Drakengard 3. i've played some 1 and 2 back in the days, but never really
finish the games. the 3rd one gotten me interested with a female lead.

the graphic does looks a little lackluster from the screenshots. i hope they polished it some
before the game's out. looking forward to some more news. and i see some
blood...i like it bloody like 1. 1 was pretty cool.

Edge Meltdown 2013-03-20 03:20

More screenshots

Kyero Fox 2013-03-20 08:06

She looks awesome. No way she and her dragon will out badass caim and angelus but certainly the little boy in 2.

shadow1296 2013-03-20 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown (Post 4589928)
She could be a Manah clone made by the Watchers? or maybe Manah's or Nowe daughter? (if they ever end up with one another after Drakengard 2 or survive after the 3rd ending)

I get the feeling "Growing wings" is going to be still the main theme song of the game... at least that's what I got after hearing the song at the official site.

I hope I can somehow play as Caim or as the other playable characters from Drakengard 1, but it's more than likely they're going to become DLC if they'll be included... *sigh*

she's probably manah and nowe's daughter just from the fact she kind of looks like a long haired manah and the sword she drawn with looks a lot like nowe's first sword in 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown (Post 4598175)

awesome dragon, but looks like a white angelus(second form)
so the dragons went from red to blue to white, I have to say I was not expecting the next dragon to be white

Edge Meltdown 2013-04-02 04:46

Apparently, this is a prequel of the first game... So, does that mean we get to see Caim and Angelus now? please let it happen...

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7002352.html

http://blog.livedoor.jp/od3/archives/52011938.html

Translation:
- Zero's partner dragon name is Mikhail
- The game takes place before the first game, and in this time there is still no pact system
- Utautai has a mysterious body where the flower in their right eye that keeps growing
- The meaning in Zero and One's name is because they are sisters and to recognize their order
- For the battle, the player will be accompanied by an ally and they can attack and heal

Edge Meltdown 2013-05-15 14:31

So... I'm not sure if what I read on the site was true, but you get to pick who you want to have sexual intercourse with... (One thing is for sure... I'm not picking the last one) http://gematsu.com/2013/05/drakengar...nions-detailed

It doesn't tell how it's going to benefit the MC in battle, but I'm guessing they might give the player a good fapping session :heh:

Kyero Fox 2013-05-15 15:22

XD you perv

I just hope they don't do another Drakenguard 2....

Apparently Zero will go through character development and slowly open up... obviously =\

wonder how many pervs will hope her sister is available too...............

SvenCalBayan 2013-06-28 03:23

The latest info :

Interesting past of ZERO

Release date and special box set...

The latest Utatai... 5

Spoiler for BoxSetPic:

Spoiler for Background art...:

http://www.thescrib.com/wp-content/u...e-my-money.jpg

Kyero Fox 2013-06-28 07:03

^ @ last picture: I assume that's one of the other antags, maybe her other sisters are antags.

SvenCalBayan 2013-06-28 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyero Fox (Post 4740029)
^ @ last picture: I assume that's one of the other antags, maybe her other sisters are antags.

Yep, the buxom blonde is called Five. She's an Utatai sister.

And yes she's an antagonist because I believe ZERO's goal is to kill all the other Utatai sisters... with perhaps the exception of ONE... although I'm not sure.

Kyero Fox 2013-06-29 01:09

Zero Vs Caim (lol no Drakenguard 2)

Who would win? That'll have to be answered in the future, but my money is on Caim.