AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Music (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Discuss anime's worst music (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=16047)

varica 2004-06-23 12:38

Discuss anime's worst music

What is the worst theme music you've heard for an anime, start sequence or end track? Normally they're quite good, for example the music for Gantz and tenjou tenge are really catchy and get stuck in your head.
For me its Wolfs Rain. I'm watching it at the mo. If I hear Stray one more time I'm goin to burst a blood vessel I swear!!!! :eyespin:

cindialai 2004-06-23 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by varica
What is the worst theme music you've heard for an anime, start sequence or end track? Normally they're quite good, for example the music for Gantz and tenjou tenge are really catchy and get stuck in your head.
For me its Wolfs Rain. I'm watching it at the mo. If I hear Stray one more time I'm goin to burst a blood vessel I swear!!!! :eyespin:

I don't like rap crap of anime theme songs, such as the one in saiyuki reload... i usually fast forward it but the one in saiyuki the original series was good.
peace maker kurogane one was pretty bad the ending and opening.
one of the best theme songs is ones in king of bandits jing, very catchy.

Leo_Otaku 2004-06-23 20:07

OMG I agree with both of you I HATE the Wolf's Rain Opening :uhoh: and I HATE rap ^-^" Like beyblade season 2 opening off the chain :twitch:

El Diablo 2004-06-23 21:12

Avenger opening and the third naruto opening. Both songs made my ears bleed with their crappy vocals/overall crappiness.

chuckert 2004-06-23 23:20

The battle song from Revolutionary Girl Utena...automatic fast forward when it starts, no if's, and's, or but's. Because once it gets stuck in your head, it's too late...

Kyuven 2004-06-23 23:32

Full Moon wo Sagashite...y'know maybe it would be better on the audience's ears if they came up with an ED that was different from the song you hear REPEATEDLY throughout the episode...it's not a bad song but when you hear it 50+ times...

Maria-sama ga Miteru-i'll give that the ED and OP match the series' mood and tone, but they were so BORING, for the first time in about a year i actually fast forwarded through an OP
Naruto 2nd and 4th ED: the 2nd one i use as a torture device to this day...the 4th one was just aweful
Popotan: OK i'll admit i actually like these songs, but what makes them bad is...well i finished watching Popotan in May, and i still catch myself singing or humming the OP, and i doubt i'll ever get the dancing Popotan out of my head
in addition, i never really liked the Trigun or Hellsing EDs, and engrish songs are really hit or miss when sung by japanese vocalists (yet they STILL turn out better than most american pop songs...)

Fighter Volk 2004-06-24 09:44

Are you kidding? I LOVED Wolf's Rain opening! Steve Conte is such an awesome singer, I love all of his works (not to mention he always works with Yoko Kanno). I loved Avenger OP and ED, but the Naruto third opening is crappy. The melody was okay, but the vocals... augh... *shiver* I also agree with Kurogane OP and ED.

I hate the 100 Stories ending, personally. Really boring and a let-down after the mood of each episode. Nothing else comes to mind right now...

Sid_Burn 2004-06-24 10:09

I find all rock music in an anime... a very... very... unsuitable theme in an anime...

divarication 2004-06-24 20:33

rurouni kenshin's first opening (Sobasaku) is awful!

i dunno about you guys who mentioned Peace Maker Kurogane's opening and endings, but i kinda like them *sheepish look*

Hellychan 2004-06-24 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckert
The battle song from Revolutionary Girl Utena...automatic fast forward when it starts, no if's, and's, or but's. Because once it gets stuck in your head, it's too late...

LOL...:heh: I remember that odd song with early animals names (ammonite...) The funny thing is that at the same time (I was watching Utena) I was learning those names at school , so the song got even more stuck in my head!

zettai ume...mokushiroku mokushiroku XD!

Hmm...some songs I didn't like in anime are Berserk's ending, Get Backers' 1st opening, Avenger's opening...and most of all rap songs :p ( though I like Air Master Op and Ed :) )

Yogo_Pogo 2004-06-24 21:57

The op end ending of Kyou Kara Maou. The first ending of Utena.
the first op of Kenshin. the op of Yumeria.
the op and ending of Saikano...
I don't like slow music in general.
but i liked the op and ending of fruits basket.

"C'est la vie" from sailor moon live action (next time i ear this one don't be near me because i'm gonna... too ugly to tell in the forum).

ZhanDVG 2004-06-25 13:27

Worst? Well... at the moment, I'd probably have to say the Case Closed/Detective Conan ending theme... really, can't stand that song...

Also the Maison Ikkoku soundtrack.. while not the worst, it just seems very typical.. just formulaic Anime soundtrack material, and thusly is very uninteresting to listen to...

wsheit 2004-06-25 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Diablo
Avenger opening and the third naruto opening. Both songs made my ears bleed with their crappy vocals/overall crappiness.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I love both of those- well, to each his own I guess

Mugen 2004-06-25 20:19

All the music from Patlabor the seires - it made my ears bleed *shudders - my ears feel like they have some how been violated, worse yet sodamised :) . Its strange actually, because all the music from the Patlabor movies is awesome, but thats because its done by good ol' Kenji Kawai :)

Scy 2004-06-25 23:59

My experience is that almost all of the rap songs suck big time. Like the one in Gantz or Samurai Champoo. The only one I liked were the ones from Initial D.

bubblehead 2004-06-26 00:46

"Rock the Dragon" takes the cake, I have to say. This of course is from the dubbed version of DBZ.

...I'm trying to think of bad themes that aren't specific to the dub.

I have it! "Freckles" (I forget the Japanese title) from Rurouni Kenshin. I don't have the DVD or anything, but I very much suspect it isn't specific to the dub.

I also don't like the ending theme of Trigun, but I don't hate it either.

I didn't like Airmaster's themes at first, but then I did.

Wait, I forgot the Asagiri no Miko opening and ending themes. Especially the ending as I recall; I've since deleted all the episodes I had on my computer (well my dad's actually).

arias 2004-06-26 01:32

Please, please! You guys are all over-reacting to mediocre music.

For REAL pain, watch and listen to the I"S OVA. And please, insure your ears first.

Jenichan 2004-06-27 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubblehead
I have it! "Freckles" (I forget the Japanese title) from Rurouni Kenshin.

The Japanese title is Sobakasu (i like this song actually btw..)

I also can second the OP to Wolf's Rain. That song is just really annoying for some reason, I think I watched it once and quickly skipped it for the rest of the episodes.

Also the OP to Neia Under 7, I've never watched the show but I had the OP for some reason, man is that awful. It's just some guy singing with a super scratchy voice, not good at all...

I usually dislike bad j-pop rap stuff, but the Tenjou Tenge OP is actually super catchy after you hear it a few times, the first time i was like, man this sucks, but after awhile i found myself humming and singing it and stuff.

The Peace Maker Kurogane OP was pretty bad, as well as the 2nd OP to FMA (sorry to those people that like it..), however I did like the ED of PMK for some reason, as stupid as the lyrics are.

Sugetsu 2004-06-27 19:56

I HATE the stupid last Naruto Opening song, how is it? Oh yeah... We are fighting dreamers! :upset: Engrish. I really hate that some japanese people don't really care about grammar in English and all they do is babble because they try to sound cool... Oh man that opening makes my ears bleed.

Let me just say good bye with a phrase quote from Hunter x Hunter's ending song theme: "Thank you best of friends" :uhoh:

SlugZilla 2004-06-27 20:04

I hate that song from ZZ gundam where they say "Anime Janai!"("It ain't Anime!", I forget if that is the title or not), but it's horrible.