AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Past SAO Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Sword Art Online - Episode 20 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=116283)

Tsukiyomi 2012-11-21 02:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 4444774)
Incidentally does anyone find it amusing that all the sides Kirito joins seem to be filled with easily reasoned with hawt chicks that are more than ready to welcome him into their clan while whatever side seems to be opposing him seems to be filled with war mongering hostile bishonen assholes that instantly want to kill him upon sight half the time. That's why I kind of found Gene to be a breath of fresh air. While the rule still carries through this episode at least he's an honorable player in the end that sticks to his word and shows respect. It's just too bad he probably earned his status as the games strongest player while Kirito basically inherited his stats from SAO such that you really kind of feel that in any normal situation Gene would have clobbered Kirito pretty handedly.

Afheim online is skill based rather than stat based no? Which kirito once complained about SAO

Nezu 2012-11-21 04:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahamut (Post 4445495)
...Kirito will pull off unlimited blade works or a Cloud Stife with a combinable 6 in 1 sword...
...end of story lol...

Now let's not be silly. He's merely going to Tri-wield, one sword in each hand and one clenched in his teeth like Roronoa Zoro. :D

ronelm2000 2012-11-21 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi (Post 4446042)
Afheim online is skill based rather than stat based no? Which kirito once complained about SAO

Kirito has a point, all-in-all. I mean, you recruit people for the Skill right? And Kirito (and probably 2k or more players) have skills comparable to him, so why not? :heh:

Overall, the fight with Eugene was the win for me. I always wanted to see that scene. :heh:

Insane 2012-11-21 09:21

I'm surprised that the players can still feel pain in the game. Isn't such system very dangerous for them?

Jaylez 2012-11-21 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane (Post 4446331)
I'm surprised that the players can still feel pain in the game. Isn't such system very dangerous for them?

I don't think that it really hurts them. I think that their brains just can't really understand that even though they are getting stabbed they aren't getting hurt so their brain tells them they are getting hurt when really they aren't. Man I don't know.

Rising Dragon 2012-11-21 10:52

While there's probably no pain, the brain naturally expects some pain (as we saw in episode 1 with Klein), plus it's probably uncomfortable as all hell to feel a sword stabbed through you, pain or no pain.

NoemiChan 2012-11-21 10:53

Quote:

I think it's more of the sensation of being "numbed" on the damaged part of their body. The shouting is more of fright than actual pain... :heh:

Jaylez 2012-11-21 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 4446413)
While there's probably no pain, the brain naturally expects some pain (as we saw in episode 1 with Klein), plus it's probably uncomfortable as all hell to feel a sword stabbed through you, pain or no pain.

That's probably it. Like when Kirito ran into that building while flying he probably felt his face hit the wall but there was no pain from it.

Rising Dragon 2012-11-21 10:55

Not to mention when Asuna knocked his ass across the street for accidentally groping her. He sure looked like he got injured...

Jaylez 2012-11-21 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenjiChan (Post 4446416)
I think it's more of the sensation of being "numbed" on the damaged part of their body. The shouting is more of fright than actual pain... :heh:

But remember when Klein fought the boar? He collapsed to the ground after the boar hit his crotch because of the feeling and his brain tricked him. It wasn't that he was afraid.

NoemiChan 2012-11-21 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaylez (Post 4446419)
But remember when Klein fought the boar? He collapsed to the ground after the boar hit his crotch because of the feeling and his brain tricked him. It wasn't that he was afraid.

Yes he did felt fear, ok.. a little scared....:heh: Oh, c'mon don't tell me that when you're hit by something and go flying you'll just kept silent.. unless you already fainted.....

Awrya 2012-11-21 11:01

Quote:

If players feel pain in the game, the company would lose its subscribers in a flash.

Most likely the body feels some kind of feedback, though I think it's reduced to the level roughly equivalent to a slap on your hand.

Since it runs on a earlier Cardinal version, its system must be similar to SAO. We did see Kirito&co receiving numerous wounds in battles, but they all continued fighting as they didn't feel the 'real' pain. Kirito got his hand chopped off by Cradil, and he could move his regenerated hand pretty easily with no problems.

Vmem 2012-11-21 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Awrya (Post 4446426)
If players feel pain in the game, the company would lose its subscribers in a flash.

Most likely the body feels some kind of feedback, though I think it's reduced to the level roughly equivalent to a slap on your hand.

Since it runs on a earlier Cardinal version, its system must be similar to SAO. We did see Kirito&co receiving numerous wounds in battles, but they all continued fighting as they didn't feel the 'real' pain. Kirito got his hand chopped off by Cradil, and he could move his regenerated hand pretty easily with no problems.

I think a low level of sensation would actually be necessary to keep the game going. not full one "I got bisected by a sword" kind of pain. but a low level, something like a papercut-ish level of pain to indicate that you've been hurt etc would actually make the game more realistic and fun to play

NoemiChan 2012-11-21 17:06

I think Leafa mention about numbness an episode ago......

Insane 2012-11-22 00:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vmem (Post 4446679)
I think a low level of sensation would actually be necessary to keep the game going. not full one "I got bisected by a sword" kind of pain. but a low level, something like a papercut-ish level of pain to indicate that you've been hurt etc would actually make the game more realistic and fun to play

Yeah, hopefully it's like that. Because, even if it's just sensation, merely feeling excessive pain can kill someone, i swear. There're many cases in traffic accident where instant death of the victims mostly caused by shock and excessive pain, rather than blood loss or organ's damage.

Also, i wonder why nearly all players (sans our main characters, eugene, and two race leaders) sporting the exact same appearance and outfit? Is it because the studio was too lazy to create too many unnecessary character designs or something? (In SAO, even every players have their own appearance that are different towards each other)

Rising Dragon 2012-11-22 00:11

Might have something to do with the militaristic nature of ALO's gameplay concepts.

Dengar 2012-11-22 05:23

It's impossible to tell whether they all look the same actually. Because they're all wearing the same outfit.

chaos_alfa 2012-11-22 05:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane (Post 4447008)
Yeah, hopefully it's like that. Because, even if it's just sensation, merely feeling excessive pain can kill someone, i swear. There're many cases in traffic accident where instant death of the victims mostly caused by shock and excessive pain, rather than blood loss or organ's damage.

Also, i wonder why nearly all players (sans our main characters, eugene, and two race leaders) sporting the exact same appearance and outfit? Is it because the studio was too lazy to create too many unnecessary character designs or something? (In SAO, even every players have their own appearance that are different towards each other)

It would be expensive to give every character a unique appearance.

Chaos2Frozen 2012-11-22 07:45

Either that or there's only one npc quartermaster per faction that sells wellfare Epic gears.

Awrya 2012-11-22 14:13

Another possibility is that for a certain build (caster, melee etc) certain items are BestinSlot for their speccs, so they don't get much choice.
E.g. Robes for casters, heavy armour for tanks, light armour for melee dps.

But the most realistic reason is
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaos_alfa (Post 4447169)
It would be expensive to give every character a unique appearance.

Vsin 2012-11-22 23:03

Well, if we roll back to Ragnarok Online (I'd assume ALO is also inspired in part by RO) then it should be noted that a LOT of the pieces have a tendency to basically have one look. For example, every 1h Sword except Tsurugi and a few of the named ones share the exact same model. Heck, "True RO" is where items have absolutely NO impact on appearance (except silly hats).

Dengar 2012-11-23 11:24

This is probably more of a "Blizzard" approach where each item has a different appearance, and equipment shows up on your character.

In which case it makes even more sense for everyone to look similar.

In WoW put two Tauren Warriors in Endgame gear next to eachother, and the only difference you'll see is the shape of their horns.

Clarste 2012-11-23 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dengar (Post 4448504)
This is probably more of a "Blizzard" approach where each item has a different appearance, and equipment shows up on your character.

In which case it makes even more sense for everyone to look similar.

In WoW put two Tauren Warriors in Endgame gear next to eachother, and the only difference you'll see is the shape of their horns.

Except for the fact that all the leaders (ie: the highest level people) are the ones who look different.

Hmm... speculating a bit, it seems like most gear in this game can be bought from the store. The major limitations of the factions, as well as the reward for killing a leader, is purely money. Which tells me that most of the best stuff in the game is mass producible, either through crafting or NPC vendors. Or both. But not the best best stuff. Powerful monster drops must be pretty rare, and anyone but the elite of the elite is wearing best-in-slot crafted gear, which all looks the same. For their race.

GDB 2012-11-23 22:22

Or it just means that stuff is bind on equip rather than bind on pickup. Of course, I still agree with the "best in slot crafted gear" idea for the random goons whose only purpose is to provide mindless dps and a meatshield.

Or the animators are lazy as shit and don't want to draw that many random unique background characters, when you consider the likes of Leafa, Reckon, Sigurd, and Sigurd's men all had unique looks, and only Sigurd would be considered elite.

Clarste 2012-11-24 01:00

Leafa's presumably pretty elite. Sigurd wanted her in his party as a sign of prestige, after all. I'd imagine she's one of the more famous Sylphs.

NoemiChan 2012-11-24 01:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarste (Post 4449120)
Leafa's presumably pretty elite. Sigurd wanted her in his party as a sign of prestige, after all. I'd imagine she's one of the more famous Sylphs.

Real girls are really the "talk of a Guild" add that to their awesome skill and reputation.

Rising Dragon 2012-11-24 01:05

Given the lack of computer-guided Sword Skills in ALO, Leafa, already being a trained swordswoman, would have an edge of sorts in combat, as she already knows how to use a sword with skill. Which is really reflected in her choice of weapon; a katana. That implies she's bringing her kendo experience into the game with her.

Insane 2012-11-24 03:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenjiChan (Post 4449121)
Real girls are really the "talk of a Guild" add that to their awesome skill and reputation.

Just like in SAO. Because of their rarity, female players are considered as celebrities and therefore always become target of recruitment from some guilds as their mascot.

Clarste 2012-11-24 16:10

There are tons of real girls in ALO though (supposedly it's more popular with girls because of the fairies and flying and all that). Notably, both of the faction leaders at the conference were girls. And of course there's no reason to suspect they were crossplaying (or indeed any reason for the other players to assume that Leafa isn't).

Dengar 2012-11-24 17:13

I thought this game didn't even allow for crossplaying.

relentlessflame 2012-11-24 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dengar (Post 4449863)
I thought this game didn't even allow for crossplaying.

In the anime, when Kirito was entering ALO, he was asked to select his gender. So I tend to think that the game could allow it potentially.

Ray 2012-12-21 13:21

That was easily the best fight in series thus far. Eugene's sword is damn badass, and slightly broken. Either way, it was cool to see two powerful fighters go at it.

The Cait Sith royal guards (at least that's what looked like to me) had claws as weapons! Anytime I see someone use claws as weapons, I get reminded of Amanarth from FFIX.

Daaaaamn, I don't care for Alicia Rue, but Sakuya, daaaaaaaamn. So hot. <3

Quote:

Originally Posted by bastek66 (Post 4441971)
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) What a nice animation.

Indeed. Dat butt jiggle. <3

kitten320 2013-01-03 08:49

These guys are taking games way too seriously...

And will we ever see any useful females here?

Even Leafa is useless! She's been playing this game for months yet she still is weak and even her real life experience is of no help -_-

AnimeFangirl 2016-05-10 18:53

Sorry if this was explained somewhere and I missed it, but where did Kirito get that humongous sack of cash he gave to the leaders? Was that all loot from killing Eugene? Carried over from SAO?

EDIT: Never mind, apparently it's from SAO somehow. Maybe.

BassGSnewtype 2016-05-10 19:16

I'm thinking it was Col that was carried over and converted from Sword art Online.

AnimeFangirl 2016-05-10 19:31

Yeah, I'll buy that. The money and exp from killing the SAO final boss must have been insane.