AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

bio9205 2010-10-22 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasagi Yabu (Post 3310726)
Hey everyone. I decided I want to start collecting Gundam model kits, and I want to get Cherudim as my very first one, or maybe Kyrios. First of all, are these good choices for my first model kit or would they be to complicated? And secondly if I'm going to do this I want to make them look at good as possible. What kind of materials would I need them look good?

I know I would need glue to hold some of the pieces in, and I want to get whatever it is that puts the black detail lines on the gundams. I'll pass on painting them for now. I'd assume this would all be bought and a hobby store?

I'd suggest you start on HG 1/100, (even though I started with 1/144) unless you're good with details and stuff.

For HG 1/144, Cherudim is a good choice. Kyrios, on the other hand, is really bad. Loose parts everywhere. Get the 1/100 if you really want it.

Glue is not needed, unless you wish to tighten parts, which is unnecessary.

Panel-lining can be done with Gundam markers, very easy, most hobby stores have them. I remember I panel-lined my second kit, 1/144 00, with a pencil. :heh:

duotiga 2010-10-23 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 3310387)
I wish they released the Type F Avalanche... I'd be the first to buy it... and the Master Grade Type F!

if they release a hg of this i dun mind getting it again :heh: mg wld be a dream :D

Kuroi Hadou 2010-10-23 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasagi Yabu (Post 3310726)
Hey everyone. I decided I want to start collecting Gundam model kits, and I want to get Cherudim as my very first one, or maybe Kyrios. First of all, are these good choices for my first model kit or would they be to complicated?

First of all are you getting 1/144 or 1/100 scale? That's really the first thing you need to figure out.

Quote:

And secondly if I'm going to do this I want to make them look at good as possible. What kind of materials would I need them look good?

I know I would need glue to hold some of the pieces in, and I want to get whatever it is that puts the black detail lines on the gundams. I'll pass on painting them for now. I'd assume this would all be bought and a hobby store?
Well you're going to need panel lining for the "black detail lines", so I'd recommend ultra-thin-tip Gundam Markers. And if you're not going to paint them there's really nothing else to get, though I'd look into something like a pair of side-cutters to remove the pieces from the runners.

Actually there's a big difference between the two. The one from DeviantArt is just a recolor of the actual kit. The one you posted is a remake of the original concept design.

Bashfulz 2010-10-23 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 3311656)
Actually there's a big difference between the two. The one from DeviantArt is just a recolor of the actual kit. The one you posted is a remake of the original concept design.

the only difference i see is that the outer chest pieces are replaced with those from the gn-x... :confused:

anyway was this original colours version published somewhere? first time im seeing them. :P

Kuroi Hadou 2010-10-23 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bashfulz (Post 3312268)
the only difference i see is that the outer chest pieces are replaced with those from the gn-x... :confused:

That's really the only difference in the models, but the animated versions are also very different in the legs and shield, especially the placement of the bits.

Quote:

anyway was this original colours version published somewhere? first time im seeing them. :P
If you're talking about the model it's just a repaint, but the original design itself only appeared in the very first teaser for the movie.

paladinmsv 2010-10-24 02:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasagi Yabu (Post 3310726)
Hey everyone. I decided I want to start collecting Gundam model kits, and I want to get Cherudim as my very first one, or maybe Kyrios. First of all, are these good choices for my first model kit or would they be to complicated? And secondly if I'm going to do this I want to make them look at good as possible. What kind of materials would I need them look good?

I know I would need glue to hold some of the pieces in, and I want to get whatever it is that puts the black detail lines on the gundams. I'll pass on painting them for now. I'd assume this would all be bought and a hobby store?

1. Both Cherudim and Kyrios are great. Kyrios has more playability: it can transform, and has more weapons than Cherudim :p
2. Bandai kits do not need glue to assemble, they are snap-fit :D
3. You can check http://gunpla-inochi.com/tools/ to see all the kits you might need :heh:

paladinmsv 2010-10-24 02:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 3310361)

i don't remember that strike freedom has gold wings :confused:

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/see.../zgmf-x20a.jpg

http://natsuneko.animeblogger.net/wp...d-xx-00-th.jpg

Kuroi Hadou 2010-10-24 02:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by paladinmsv (Post 3312546)
i don't remember that strike freedom has gold wings :confused:

It only does in-series when the DRAGOONs are launched, but them being visible with the DRAGOONs still there are a new feature only for the PG, which in turn is a play on the partially launched DRAGOONs of the MG kit.

Critias 2010-10-24 14:22

SF having the gold wings behind the DRAGOONs isn't new. It had them on the MG versions also. The only difference with the PG version is that the gold wings spread out more than the MG version.

Kuroi Hadou 2010-10-24 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critias (Post 3313269)
SF having the gold wings behind the DRAGOONs isn't new. It had them on the MG versions also. The only difference with the PG version is that the gold wings spread out more than the MG version.

That's what I just said.:heh:

EDIT: MG ReZEL:




SonicSP 2010-10-25 09:28

00 Qan(T) Full Saber:

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3...561f606653.jpg

Has this been posted yet?

duotiga 2010-10-25 09:57

now we shall await for the boxart for full saber =x

Kuroi Hadou 2010-10-25 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 3314427)

:love::love::love:

SonicSP 2010-10-25 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 3314473)
:love::love::love:

I second this sentiment.

velocity7 2010-10-25 11:47

Oh my god, the painting work I have to do on the GN Sword IV Full Saber is going to be insane. Looks like I'll have to spend some time on this...

Here's a culmination of all the Full Saber pictures so far for anyone who's missed it:
http://reggiocomics.blogspot.com/201...ull-saber.html

pikachuwei 2010-10-25 14:56

they need it with MG qanT T_T

GN0010 Nosferatu 2010-10-25 17:49

If they had shown all the different forms the Full Saber has, I would of liked it sooner. Why such a long wait?

LoweGear 2010-10-25 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3315029)
If they had shown all the different forms the Full Saber has, I would of liked it sooner. Why such a long wait?

It's not the first or the last time particular features have been withheld in the initial release only to be revealed later - everything in commerce is like that, Gundam included. Hell we're not even supposed to see the 00 Qan[T] Full Saber's 00V profile until December, and yet we already know it's features two months in advance. Another example: It took us over half a year from the initial reveal of the 00 Qan[T] to see that it does have combining Sword Bits into Buster Sword/Buster Rifle form. Or see Virtue/Nadleeh, Seravee/Seraphim and Raphael/Seravee II.

They're not going to reveal everything in the earliest possible time - it's the suspense of seeing what other gimmicks and goodies that something has yet to reveal that makes the wait especially tantalizing. Whether it's because some features haven't been finalized yet, or they're just withholding the features intentionally, we all need to wait for them to reveal what they want to show.

It's not like you're the only one who's waiting for these features to be revealed you know :heh:

Kagekyuubi 2010-10-25 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 3314427)
00 Qan(T) Full Saber:

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3...561f606653.jpg

Has this been posted yet?

GAH! There better be a full gunpla release of this kit. The new features didn't quite have me sold on it but that coloring did.

LoneWolfFenrir 2010-10-25 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 3314427)
00 Qan(T) Full Saber:

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3...561f606653.jpg

Has this been posted yet?

Hmm...I just noticed that it has an original GN drive instead of it's new one. Maybe this is post-movie? Or side story?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.