AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Patriot's Blade 2014-09-02 01:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5236105)
Gundam Wing Fenice Rinascita sounds a bit too mouthful

That said, Build Strike Gundam Full Package did exist so...

probably much the same problem with the HG Tieren all terrain type that was reduced to "Sergei's Tieren Taozi" :heh:

Blazer-X 2014-09-02 09:52

Actually, I am pretty sure that's the official name. Ricardo always called it "Gundam Fenice Rinascita" in the show, without mentioning "Wing".

rizegreymon33 2014-09-03 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ako07 (Post 2371763)
Thanks

The gold effect is RJ london 18k Gold kt.,

spray in light coats and let it dry after doing a second coat if you are not satisfied,

It;s still not finished,

i need to clean up the gold in on the wings, masking failed LOL,

Btw the only paint there is the gold ,

the whole kit was sanded and top coated with flat :D

I can see that since I also have one too. But tell me what flat color did you use? I hardly can see any nubmarks on your Strike Freedom.

Can you tell me what brand of flat did you use?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2014-09-03 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by rizegreymon33 (Post 5237480)
I can see that since I also have one too. But tell me what flat color did you use? I hardly can see any nubmarks on your Strike Freedom.

Umm...dude, you quoted a post from six years ago. I don't think the poster is around anymore to answer your question.

Wild Goose 2014-09-03 19:58

So...

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
This is the brass brush I've been using to clean my Tamiya files of the plastic dust. They're now coated in a brassy tint. I saw in Ace Hardware some stiff scrub pads for cleaning grills - should I use those instead?

Meanwhile, a little story to go with my photos...

Somewhere plot relevant

The squad ghosts in (well, as sneakily as mobile suits can), preparing to assault the target. The squadleader contacts his scout.

"Banshee, this is ECOAS. Sitrep, over."

"ECOAS, Banshee. We're good. Guards have been disabled, you have clear shot to target, over."

"That's a rog, Banshee. Regroup with us."

"Uh... that's going to be a bit hard to do."

"YOUR FUCKING ARMS FUCKING FELL OFF AGAIN?!" screams ECOAS.

"It's not like it's my fault," muttered Banshee. "And I kinda lost my rifle, and my shield, and my beam sabers, and I was punching dudes to death and chopping them up..."

"Tell me what isn't broken!"

"My environmental systems are at 100%. And my beam vulcans still work."

It is with great difficult that ECOAS refrains from facepalming or throwing another tantrum. "Fine," he orders, trying valiantly to control himself. "Evan early. We'll breach without you. Jesta, Stark, on me. Stack up."

The three mobile suits stack up at the entryway, ready to burst in and deliver righteous asskicking, and ECOAS realises that there's something not right.

"...where are your shields?" he asks, dreading the answer.

"You are my shield," deadpans Jesta. Indeed, he's angled himself so that any fire will hit ECOAS, not him.

"Where we're going, we won't need shields," quips Stark.

ECOAS sighs. "Fine. Whatever. We're doing this. Breach on my command. GO!"

They storm through the entryway, weapons at the ready, looking for trouble.

"Clear right!"

"Clear left!"

"Clear center!"

"Move up!"

-=-
:p

Butagami 2014-09-04 05:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by rizegreymon33 (Post 5237480)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ako07 (Post 2375706)
i sanded the WHOLE kit 1st to kill the shine as mentioned in danny choo no-paint article,

then 3 coats of bosny flat clear, man that stuff is strong

there you go, was this the answer you were looking for?

Wild Goose 2014-09-04 05:23

Also I FINALLY found a bottle of Future - or rather, Pledge, as it's now been rebranded. Not entirely sure it's worth buying, since I'm not really into clear coat...

wavehawk 2014-09-07 04:11

Got really bored today so dusted off some older kits that I OOB'd a year back. Yes, it is that dusty where I live. Notable Zaku pilots...oh, and Garma.
Garma Zabi Photobombing Skills = FAIL
https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/...0b&oe=548C7D08

Phoenix6000 2014-09-08 13:49

So is it normal to receive a kit that's missing a runner? I just got my Exia in the mail and went to build it, only to discover it's missing half the polycaps. >.>

Skye629 2014-09-08 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix6000 (Post 5244193)
So is it normal to receive a kit that's missing a runner? I just got my Exia in the mail and went to build it, only to discover it's missing half the polycaps. >.>

No, its not normal

I would contact the place you got it from for starters and see what they say

Phoenix6000 2014-09-09 18:00

Already done. They offered a full refund and said I could keep the parts to use as spares. Which leads to another question. Minus the GN Rifle, can the Amazing's blue parts be swapped out for Dark Matter's red ones?

Skye629 2014-09-09 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix6000 (Post 5245472)
Already done. They offered a full refund and said I could keep the parts to use as spares. Which leads to another question. Minus the GN Rifle, can the Amazing's blue parts be swapped out for Dark Matter's red ones?

Awesome customer service there :)

As for your question: Yes

The amazing is more or less 90% the same kit, with the main differences being cosmetic and the weapons. Nothing that hinders part swapping

Hence you can make a Red/White pr Blue/Black Exia Amazing/Dark Matter (minus the shield of the Amazing)

ZeroXSEED 2014-09-10 02:29

Most awesome gunpla store in existence

Tormenk 2014-09-16 21:58

Any RG veterans can give me advice on building the RG zephyranthes? I know it's going to be filmsy but my main aim is to avoid breakage as I did on the RG Gundam. Tips and tricks to loosen up the inner frame would be good if possible.

bio9205 2014-09-18 05:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 5254885)
Any RG veterans can give me advice on building the RG zephyranthes? I know it's going to be filmsy but my main aim is to avoid breakage as I did on the RG Gundam. Tips and tricks to loosen up the inner frame would be good if possible.

The newer RGs (Justice onwards, IIRC) are pretty solid! So long as you're careful with them and don't treat them like toys, you should be fine.

Speaking of RGs - was the line cancelled or put on hold (in favour of RE/100, I assume) or something? I'd think an announcement of the next RG would've been made by now, with the Z'Gok being released about 2 months ago. Given Bandai's UC/AU alternating release, I'd assume (and hope!) we'll see a RG Dynames or 00 Raiser.

wavehawk 2014-09-18 05:43

Core Fighter.

I decided to glue mine because of the way it wobbles. All of the RG kits that are solid are the non-transforming ones, so only Zeta, RX-78, and GP01/GP01Fb are a worry.

Tormenk 2014-09-19 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 5256316)
The newer RGs (Justice onwards, IIRC) are pretty solid! So long as you're careful with them and don't treat them like toys, you should be fine.

Well that's good to know. I broke my RG Gundam's leg during assembly so hoping the zephy will hold up better.

Quote:

Speaking of RGs - was the line cancelled or put on hold (in favour of RE/100, I assume) or something? I'd think an announcement of the next RG would've been made by now, with the Z'Gok being released about 2 months ago. Given Bandai's UC/AU alternating release, I'd assume (and hope!) we'll see a RG Dynames or 00 Raiser.
The MG line is getting a break as well, with nothing much to show for both lines in the coming months. Hopefully the December release has some news soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5256319)
Core Fighter.

I decided to glue mine because of the way it wobbles. All of the RG kits that are solid are the non-transforming ones, so only Zeta, RX-78, and GP01/GP01Fb are a worry.

I like how it looks so I'll have to test it out before I decide to glue it.

DuelGundam2099 2014-09-19 12:15

*looks at Wavehawk's picture* Wait a second, when did Elmer's Zaku 2 get a model and how am I only now knowing of this? (or is it some other white zaku 2?)

wavehawk 2014-09-19 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 (Post 5257962)
*looks at Wavehawk's picture* Wait a second, when did Elmer's Zaku 2 get a model and how am I only now knowing of this? (or is it some other white zaku 2?)

...That's Shin Matsunaga's Zaku. Old School Zaku Badass.
https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/...14&oe=5495BC27

DuelGundam2099 2014-09-20 12:20

Both of them were white so I was not sure. :heh: In all seriousness Elmer's Zaku should get a kit at some point, his was the best.

Edit: And as it turns out the White Ogre's zaku had a MG kit! I wonder if it's any good.