AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Sir Dearka 2008-04-08 04:45

This MG is so cool. The pack looks better than Strike's IMO and the way they lengthened, slendered anmd made the features more elongated just appeals to my tastes 100%. I think about getting this one and Destiny.

Rey Za Burrel 2008-04-08 05:25

wish the rifle would be black like Destiny's , but it just looks like Noir's pistol's color >_>

duotiga 2008-04-08 07:01

I am beginning to like this kit also.....any chances of Sword/Blast & maybe Destiny impulse?

Meehlimo 2008-04-08 08:38

That impulse his figure... its weird.. legs n gun look just odd.

duotiga 2008-04-08 08:54

in a way it look freedomish for the MG.......

Spitfire 2008-04-08 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1519247)
in a way it look freedomish for the MG.......

Yeah, but its not the Freedom, its the Impulse. I would rather it look like the Impulse and not look Freedomish.

In all honesty, its another wasted MG. I'll wait for MG Musha instead of this.

dodgethis_sg 2008-04-08 09:01

Thank you, Bandai for releasing the MG Impulse. Because it's a kit I do not want ever in my stash and with the money not spent on this 'Gundam', I can buy other, better looking stuff like the Hasegawa 1/48 Draken or the Yamato 1/60 YF-21. So, who says Bandai isn't customer orientated?

As such, the obligatory bitching of 'WHERE IS MY MASTER GRADE VICTORY AND V2, BANDAI?'

LightningZERO 2008-04-08 10:59

Actually, is a MG V2 feasible? I mean, look at the transformation system, it looks really fragile and to think that it will be made into a smaller MG size, it just worries is it even possible to make a MG V2.

Not that I will buy it anyway. Not really interested in its design :p

Spitfire 2008-04-08 11:01

How is its transformation system fragile looking?

Illpalazzo87 2008-04-08 11:06

Excuse me ^^ Beginner here looking for a little help.. I've recently taken interest in making Gundam model Kits mainly the 1/100 HG and MG and would like to make more out of them than I have been doing, so I've been doing a lot of research and reading up. I was thinking about getting this :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Airbrush-Sta...669281&sr=8-12

I was just wanting to know if this would do what I needed to make my gundams look that bit more interesting since it's also on offer right now.

Zerowinger 2008-04-08 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by srb (Post 380345)
I live in Europe, but one of the recommendations I got was www.plajapan.com situated in California. I haven't ordered from there yet but their prices seem to be ok.

are those the only models on the market? they seem small, i want to be able to build a gundam that has the scale/size of a 15/16inch computer screen... dunno if there is any thou. 1/100 just seem kinda small in my eye's

EDIT:

nwm found it! orderd home

http://plajapan.com/product_info.php?products_id=1404
http://plajapan.com/product_info.php?products_id=472

this is gona be fun! :D

dodgethis_sg 2008-04-08 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 1519394)
Actually, is a MG V2 feasible? I mean, look at the transformation system, it looks really fragile and to think that it will be made into a smaller MG size, it just worries is it even possible to make a MG V2.

Not that I will buy it anyway. Not really interested in its design :p

Which is why the Impulse is a testbed for the technology. If they screw up with the Impulse, no big loss. Just back to the drawing board.

As for the system, look at Bandai's Soul of Chogokin line ie Gunbuster. Everyone thought that it's transformation and gattai sequence was impossible. And yet Bandai pulled it off without any problems.

If anyone can do it, it's Bandai. They have the engineering know-how to do it.

LightningZERO 2008-04-08 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1519400)
How is its transformation system fragile looking?

It has been a long time since I last watched Victory Gundam, but I remember when the head and body part combining, the body part kinda separate into 2 to combine. It may be possible to make a MG Victory series in a normal MG size, but since it will be a smaller class, the fragility and complexity of the kit may be what stop Bandai from making it for so long

Spitfire 2008-04-08 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 1519462)
It has been a long time since I last watched Victory Gundam, but I remember when the head and body part combining, the body part kinda separate into 2 to combine. It may be possible to make a MG Victory series in a normal MG size, but since it will be a smaller class, the fragility and complexity of the kit may be what stop Bandai from making it for so long

Well, I personally don't think the transformation system is fragile looking in anyway, so I think its easily feasible for an MG.
And in regards to the size, they already did an MG F91. Its smaller than most Gundams. the V or V2 is practically the same size as the F91.

mangatron 2008-04-08 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1519505)
Well, I personally don't think the transformation system is fragile looking in anyway, so I think its easily feasible for an MG.
And in regards to the size, they already did an MG F91. Its smaller than most Gundams. the V or V2 is practically the same size as the F91.

Transform, transform! I know that the F91 can't transform, but here's the kicker: that F91 suffered from "Gah this part is so weak I broke it" reports, I really can't see Bandai wanting "Bleargh this transformation is so flimsy I'm gonna sue Bandai" kind of reports. :uhoh: :heh:

And, liking that MG Impulse. Yeah there are people who want to buy this, so Bandai is customer orientated >_>

astranagun 2008-04-08 13:10

@ srb and Zerowinger
If you are interested in all types of models you may hopefuly find this site interesting: http://www.japanimport.it/.
Beware that it is in italian.

Spitfire 2008-04-08 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 1519574)
Transform, transform! I know that the F91 can't transform, but here's the kicker: that F91 suffered from "Gah this part is so weak I broke it" reports, I really can't see Bandai wanting "Bleargh this transformation is so flimsy I'm gonna sue Bandai" kind of reports. :uhoh: :heh:

And, liking that MG Impulse. Yeah there are people who want to buy this, so Bandai is customer orientated >_>

I never had that problem with my F91. If people are breaking parts, its because there being too rough with them.

Subarunyon 2008-04-08 15:10

Why with all the negative comments on the Impulse? its just like TurnA last time people, if you dont like it, somebody else will. Me I love both the TurnA and this version of Impulse. It just looks so sleek, kinda like the 1/100 I-Justice back then. Now I dont want all models to be sleek like this (I wish Hi-Nu was bulkier and closer to the original design, which I liked) but making impulse like this is a great decision.

Spitfire 2008-04-08 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subarunyon (Post 1519869)
Why with all the negative comments on the Impulse? its just like TurnA last time people, if you dont like it, somebody else will. Me I love both the TurnA and this version of Impulse. It just looks so sleek, kinda like the 1/100 I-Justice back then. Now I dont want all models to be sleek like this (I wish Hi-Nu was bulkier and closer to the original design, which I liked) but making impulse like this is a great decision.

I myself actually like the impulse design, but I prefer the original design to this new sleeker, "freedom-like" design. To me, the legs look odd, like their too narrow. And the rifle looks too small.

Sir Dearka 2008-04-08 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subarunyon (Post 1519869)

Word.

To me, it always seemed that HG Impulse's head was just too big (the only major, but a VERY major, flaw in my eyes). And here we have... they've shrinked it a bit so it'd look cooler. Well, I think it does.