AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

StratoSpear 2013-11-27 06:25

Set aside some hours for a couple of days and here's me progress on the 3.0:

http://i42.tinypic.com/28kuadl.jpg

The kit feels solid so far. My sibling has the Char Custom RX-78 and he's shocked beyond words at how much parts make up the 3.0's torso compared to his. Not to mention the movable chest vents ^^

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-27 06:29

I know that feeling well

My first experience with MG is Exia....

Oh, and additional family members :p
http://s8.postimg.org/yt350c00x/IMG_20131127_02026.jpg

duotiga 2013-11-27 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4923114)
suiton will probably find a problem, he's good at that :D

No there is no problem, i collect them myself, i have about 50 of them, just pre-ordered outframe and Kshatriya.

Not alot of comment on them here, but i'm always willing to discuss. I collect them more an more because of lack of time to build the equivalent model.

I'll post some collection pictures in the future, need to take new ones anyway.

so far robot damashii i have is F-91 , Strike Freedom, Destiny, Cherudim Saga, Banshee (destroy mode), Unicorn (destroy mode) , Wing Zero Custom, tallgeese III, Perfect Strike, Aile Strike & 00 Qant trans am

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-11-27 08:42

I also don't have that much time for gunpla aside from straight-building. I don't even have time to put decals on my recently-built MGs (Not that Strike Noir need any). Well, like others, at least I'll share a photo of my MG Destiny I just finished building:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

duotiga 2013-11-27 08:47

im doing 2 RG Destiny at the same time....waiting for heine ver to come....

I als have the MG Destiny Heine ver

StratoSpear 2013-11-27 08:50

Wait a second. I thought weapons and optional equipment don't have PS and are colored by default?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-11-27 08:52

@Duotiga: Ah! I finally found a comrade who bought RG Deactive!! :hyper-^v^:
I just shed a tear coz most modelers I know are not interested or outright hate the Deactive SEED RGs :T_T:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratoSpear (Post 4923308)
Wait a second. I thought weapons and optional equipment don't have PS and are colored by default?

With RG kits, Bandai went more with style than staying true to anime.

The weapons of my Justice Deactive are also "deactivated":

duotiga 2013-11-27 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratoSpear (Post 4923308)

doesn't conform to anime but overall colour still nice...i can do the swapping if you want once i done finish the kit lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4923311)
@Duotiga: Ah! I finally found a comrade who bought RG Deactive!! :hyper-^v^:
I just shed a tear coz most modelers I know are not interested or outright hate the Deactive SEED RGs :T_T:.

I find destiny deactive mode is nice ...looking forward if strike freedom have deactive mode or not lol

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-27 09:11

Dayum them RG kits!

Unfortunately, my fingers are way too fat and stiff to handle such delicate task, especially them decals. :T_T:

StratoSpear 2013-11-27 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4923322)
Dayum them RG kits!

Unfortunately, my fingers are way too fat and stiff to handle such delicate task, especially them stickers. :T_T:

Fixed that for me. :heh:

duotiga 2013-11-27 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4923322)
Dayum them RG kits!

Unfortunately, my fingers are way too fat and stiff to handle such delicate task, especially them decals. :T_T:

Tweezer is your friend for this case which what I'm doing that all along for the RG kits that I've done =x

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-27 09:49

The finger part is exaggerating, but not entirely false, I use MEDICAL grade tweezer for crying out loud

I botched the kanji decal on Akatsuki's shoulder and light blue sticker on Destiny's upper chest.

Oh and not to mention, pretty much given up on sanding the nubs and grew reliant on the trusty knife and a little paint.

suiton629 2013-11-27 12:38

FINALLY!
I managed to find someone that wanted to trade the:

HG Age-2 Normal SP Ver
HG Legilis Memory of Eden Ver

In exchange, I'll be getting:

SD Wing EW
SD Wing Zero Custom
MG Wing Gundam EW
MG Wing Zero Custom

Good trade?

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-27 12:57

Lol

That's crazy bargain, what kind of eden sorcery did you use to fool him?

suiton629 2013-11-27 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4923470)
Lol

That's crazy bargain, what kind of eden sorcery did you use to fool him?

Suiton Logic?

I must have transformed into Senju Tobirama and then gotten into 00 Qan[t] and went Trans Am-Quantum Burst Mode, and then did the trade, and now waiting him to get the kits that I wanted along with the email with the mailing address.

:eyespin::eyespin::eyespin:

I'll be doing a video on YouTube when I get it probably within a week or 2.

Strigon 13 2013-11-27 15:23

Well, got a bootleg 1/144 Kyrios yesterday, it only costed me $10. Aside from the blandness that the bootlegs carry, still think it was too cheap for such kit.

Some pictures of said kit.
Had to use the base of my MS Girl Wing Gundam EW. Also putting it in fighter mode is such a pain, I preffer on buying a second Kyrios just to leave it in fighter mode.

suiton629 2013-11-27 15:59

You complain when you got a bootleg...eh?

Providenceangle 2013-11-27 16:14

Bootlegs are good for kitbashing. You can strip down the knockoff and use it to build up a legit kit.

suiton629 2013-11-27 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4923630)
Bootlegs are good for kitbashing. You can strip down the knockoff and use it to build up a legit kit.

True.
But I don't support piracy nor bootlegs with my money. That's silly.

Paying them is like being the pirate and bootlegers yourself; or at least justifying that what they're doing is legal and okay.

Strigon 13 2013-11-27 16:40

Neh, it's a lot more easier in my country to get a bootleg than a original Bandai kit (specially when customs taxes don't even make sense when you pay twice the price of a gunpla).

Well, the guy who sold me the Kyrios also made an offer to me: an original Bandai 1/144 Hi-Nu Gundam + 2 bootlegs (1/144 Dynames and 1/144 Reborns Gundam) in $80.