AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) BLACK ROCK SHOOTER TV series (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106356)

Ludrio D. Zoki 2011-08-19 03:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meepy (Post 3734044)
Oh yes please.
Hopefully there will be less schoolgirls because that was the thing that I originally didn't like much in the OVA. And more Black Gold Saw please. + some of huke's other characters. I thought Black Devil Girl was in the picture on the official site just because of the glasses but nooope.

Basically, I cannot say no to more BRS. 8 A 8
So, excitement. <3

I absolutely have to agree. I am so unbelievably excited!!!! Except, I really hope that Mato and whatever DM's other self was is left out.

Also I think they're adding some game elements too, combining the stories in a way? I DON'T KNOW but it's killing me!!!! ^w^

Ludrio D. Zoki 2011-08-19 03:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku (Post 3734037)
I just want someone to throw in some male cast, like really....

A few of the characters from the game are male, and some of the game elements may be present in the series.

Besides, I don't like the idea of a separate all male cast in addition to an already perfectly lovable female one... We don't need another miniature Hetalia within BRS... Oh that would make me suicidal..

totoum 2011-08-19 04:04

Darn it I was looking forward to "Anime wars:The Yakaman strikes back" , guess I'll have to wait.

The Hanazawa Kana fan in me is wondering if the game cast (if there was one) was the same as the OVA?

And yeah,I guess Noitamina weren't kidding when they said they'd target otakus,I hope there's still room for traditional Noitamina shows though.

It'll be interesting to see how many people who'll watch this were interested in Noitamina before.

Westlo 2011-08-19 04:25

Maybe I should get around to watching the OVA now...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 3733572)
No worries, guys. Yamakan's still saving anime the only way he can - not making any.

http://i.imgur.com/HMQp2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 3733560)
I kind of have to ask whether this project is really necessary.

Imagine if someone asked you if Gundam AGE was necessary, you now have your answer (Yes, and the reason is to make a fuckload of money). Just switch kids with otaku and models with figurines and you have BRS.

kenjiharima 2011-08-19 04:35

Iam looking forward to this.

The ova was good I'll be awaiting the tv series.

MisaoFan 2011-08-19 05:59

I wouldn't be surprised if some fanservice scenes and/or guro scenes in BRS would be censored on Noitamina's slot.

ahelo 2011-08-19 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzuku (Post 3733473)
Okay, but you still have not made the case exactly why you say noitaminA production have low budgets. The animation sequences in some episodes of AnoHana and Fractale were amazing, but it's telling that both of those were produced by A-1 Pictures. I think the contracting of talent by a studio is far more important than the budget. Of course, whether they can contract some animators is also dependent on the budget, but it's more about being able to book them in time. I admit that Shiki had horrible animation and it was obvious it had a low budget because I can't remember any episodes that were particularly well animated, but [C] did have two or three good looking episodes.

Meh, I feel that the situation for each anime varies and we can't just chock it up to noitaminA shows inherently having low budget. And comparing anything to Iroha is a bit unfair. Iroha is beyond what anyone would call even a "big budget" show.

While I do agree that Anohana looks good, even in terms of animation, there are a lot of anime in noitaminA that look horrible. Its a programming block though so its still in the efforts in the animators to make it look good. And you are right with Anohana being compared to Iroha in terms of production since Iroha is being made by "Animation Experts" PA Works (You know those people who really check animation).

Fractale and C looks horrible though. Especially that episode in Fractale with the incredibly eyescratching Ships and Explosions CGI/ I wanted to cry.

Haak 2011-08-19 17:36

I actually thought the school girl story was quite sweet so I'd like to see this TV series too.

Dark Wing 2011-08-19 21:30

Well looks like i have to add this to my watch list too...I'll have to check out this ova as well.

blitz1/2 2011-08-19 21:43

I hope Huke will make more character designs for the series.

FDW 2011-08-20 00:07

I'll keep an eye on this thread…

PzIVf3 2011-08-20 07:43

The girl with a big golden shield looks hot.
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/5...7546556.th.jpg

Crimrui 2011-08-20 08:47

I never bothered with anything regarding Black★Rock Shooter, so I'm thinking in watching these TV series. Not to mention that a lot of people love this for some reason so it peeked my interest. Gonna check out the OVA as well.

Shadow5YA 2011-08-20 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by PzIVf3 (Post 3735772)

Dead Master is a glasses girl now? That's hot too.

Kismet-chan 2011-08-20 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by PzIVf3 (Post 3735772)

Hmm, the crown-like ornament on golden shield girl's head (as well as her gauntlet) reminds me of Dragon Slayer (another of huke's characters from the BRS universe), but the clothing looks wrong. Dragon Slayer's clothing is nowhere near that frilly, let alone does she wear any white, and her hair should be straight and black. I also do not think Dragon Slayer uses a shield. This must be someone new. It's kind of a shame, as Dragon Slayer is my most favorite BRS character. :< She's so freaking awesome. I hope she comes up SOMEWHERE in this series.

And it's kind of weird that they put glasses on Dead Master. o_O

Kiyomizu 2011-08-20 12:45

I haven't seen the OVA, but that trailer looks great. I can't wait to see more.

SilverSyko 2011-08-20 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow5YA (Post 3735881)
Dead Master is a glasses girl now? That's hot too.

Could be Dead Master, but part of me also thinks it could be Black Devil Girl.

huke's official artwork actually has her wearing glasses:

But of course there's no way to say for sure yet. Though judging from her other features it's more likely Dead Master. =/

Shadow5YA 2011-08-20 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSyko (Post 3736242)

huke's official artwork actually has her wearing glasses:

But of course there's no way to say for sure yet. Though judging from her other features it's more likely Dead Master. =/

I didn't take a look at Huke's entire BRS artbook until recently. Do all of Huke's character designs have names?

Marcus H. 2011-08-20 20:09

Look at the Black Rock Shooter Wiki. Most of the named characters are there.

Kismet-chan 2011-08-21 03:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSyko (Post 3736242)

It's definitely Dead Master because Black Devil Girl has bigger and rounder glasses, straighter hair, and pretty small horns with without DM's trademark "notches" in them. Kind of unfortunate though because I've always liked Black Devil Girl's design, with her oversized hoodie and all. X3