AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) BLACK ROCK SHOOTER TV series (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106356)

Alchemist007 2012-11-23 13:14

7-10 scale?

Filraen 2012-11-23 16:49

Of course, why do you think this horrible game/movie/anime/book/teather play/whatever you hate so much got a so high rating of 7+? They use a four point scale!

Still, BRS was... not a masterpiece but entertaining nonetheless.

Marcus H. 2012-11-23 21:25

Quote:

7-10 scale?
I used a very unusual scale which depends on enjoyment.

10 is a special rating for series that truly captured me much more than the rest.
9 is given for series that I generally enjoyed watching, and may or may not have a good replay value.
8 is a default rating for all anime series that I watch, especially since I created the list at a time when I have watched a lot of old anime series that giving them an exact rating would be a bad decision.
7 means that the series left a bad taste in the mouth.
6 and below signifies worse cases that 7. (TTGL is 6 and is dropped at first episode, and Hidan no Aria is the lowest-rated at 5, dropped at the end of the first story arc.)

The rating system is completely based on personal reaction to the series itself, so I'm sure that this rating system might not work on everyone.

Alchemist007 2012-11-23 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 4448969)
6 and below signifies worse cases that 7. (TTGL is 6 and is dropped at first episode, and

Wait, as in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann? I've only seen a couple eps myself but I do have to say that 2 was a lot better than one, and is generally regarded as a great anime. I haven't gotten to watching it all myself but I think you should at least see ep 2.

OT: I think the OVA has infinite rewatchability.

Marcus H. 2012-11-23 21:40

^ Don't worry, I also know what happens a bit into the plot... the fact that
Spoiler for TTGL:

OT: The OVA is better than the TV series, but I don't think it's as bad as many think it was.

Marcus H. 2012-11-28 22:05

Sorry for double post.

I have heard that the entire plot of the TV series was based on the story revolving around the Major Arcana. I wonder if it is true, especially there's someone who posted that Episode 7 covers Arcanae XVII (The Star, Black Rock Shooter), XVIII (The Moon, Psychological conflict, worry and anxiety) and XIX (The Sun, Optimism, Positive feelings, Assurance, Enlightenment) while Episode 8 covers Arcanae XX (Judgment, Accepting past mistakes/actions, Reconciliation, Redemption) and XXI (The World, Fulfillment, Satisfaction).

All I know is that Mato represents Arcana 0 (The Fool) and Saya represents Arcana I (The Magician, Manipulation).

Cherry Blossoms 2013-01-12 06:57

Can't wait to watch the series... My classmate gave me a series tape and it is this one....

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...oR-GZlvYHYFArj

Black Rock Shooter here I GO!!!!

c933103 2014-07-02 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 4448969)
I used a very unusual scale which depends on enjoyment.

10 is a special rating for series that truly captured me much more than the rest.
9 is given for series that I generally enjoyed watching, and may or may not have a good replay value.
8 is a default rating for all anime series that I watch, especially since I created the list at a time when I have watched a lot of old anime series that giving them an exact rating would be a bad decision.
7 means that the series left a bad taste in the mouth.
6 and below signifies worse cases that 7. (TTGL is 6 and is dropped at first episode, and Hidan no Aria is the lowest-rated at 5, dropped at the end of the first story arc.)

The rating system is completely based on personal reaction to the series itself, so I'm sure that this rating system might not work on everyone.

Compare that to my own system:

score 0 and 10 are reserved
1-3: a show that have some critical failure or generally poor
4-6: Nothing outstandingly bad or outstandingly good
7-9: have some points that outshine others
and then sub-divide each range into three point, like 4-6 sub-divide into 4 for below average, 5 for average, 6 for above average, then by comparing shows they are given a 1 decimal place score.
below 2 or above 8 need cool down period before i give the rating to a show
scores are constantly revised...

From the system, scores I give out most is around 4.5-6.5, and when it come to BRS, I give 5.7 for the OVA and 3.3 for the TV series..

ninryu 2014-07-02 11:38

Believe me guys, anyone who is even mildly curious about watching the anime, just watch the OVA. It's a thousand times better.

JohnNiles 2014-07-02 12:28

Thanks for the bump/reminder. I finished the PSP game a little while ago, so I'd like to see the other interpretations of BRS.

ninryu 2014-07-02 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnNiles (Post 5169215)
Thanks for the bump/reminder. I finished the PSP game a little while ago, so I'd like to see the other interpretations of BRS.

Note that the anime, manga and game all have very different plots and settings.

scififan 2014-07-07 21:54

I prefer TV over OVA and game.
The story would go more smooth if they skip the Shoujo Ai plot. Well, the character designer is a big yuri fan, so it is not likely to happen.

The TV has more character interaction and battle scenes. So, it is more fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 4455000)
Sorry for double post.

I have heard that the entire plot of the TV series was based on the story revolving around the Major Arcana. I wonder if it is true, especially there's someone who posted that Episode 7 covers Arcanae XVII (The Star, Black Rock Shooter), XVIII (The Moon, Psychological conflict, worry and anxiety) and XIX (The Sun, Optimism, Positive feelings, Assurance, Enlightenment) while Episode 8 covers Arcanae XX (Judgment, Accepting past mistakes/actions, Reconciliation, Redemption) and XXI (The World, Fulfillment, Satisfaction).

All I know is that Mato represents Arcana 0 (The Fool) and Saya represents Arcana I (The Magician, Manipulation).

Is this idea from Black Rock Shooter IPhone card game? In the game, she battles some Tarot characters, such as Lovers.

Marcus H. 2014-07-07 22:16

Not sure myself. That post of mine was made eight days after the release of BRS Arcana, though.