AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Fallout 76 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=151581)

Rising Dragon 2018-05-30 12:30

Fallout 76

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Looks to be a prequel to all of the games, as it originates from one of the control Vaults set to open 20 years after it was sealed. Due to the dates seen and the song playing, it's suspected to take place around West Virginia. Not much else known yet; one site says it'll be an online game, but this same site got blacklisted by Bethesda for the Fallout 4 leak.

Apparently Todd Howard's said that the dialogue wheel and voiced protagonist concepts of Fallout 4 were bad ideas, so hopefully that means they won't be making a comeback.

Kyero Fox 2018-05-30 18:42

Can't wait for sunday!

Tong 2018-05-31 11:36

Some leaks, could be legit:

https://i.imgur.com/gFBzVtU.jpg

Rising Dragon 2018-05-31 11:52

If that's indeed true, shutting out external mods is going to backfire on them. Mods are the main selling points of BethSoft games.

Seafoam 2018-05-31 12:44

I don't really believe that. Someone already leaked 76 a few hours before it was announced and they said that Bethesda isn't even ready to announce a new TES because of Skyrim and Online being so popular still.

Firefly00 2018-05-31 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tong (Post 6241954)
Some leaks, could be legit:

-image redacted-

Good of you to qualify that; one should never discount the possibility of an analogue of Operation Mincemeat being played. That said... given the themes and gamplay of the Fallout series, it does seem silly for 'adult mods' to be something to complain about (especially if mods are not usable in co-op).

Rising Dragon 2018-05-31 14:37

Yeah, that sounds like a mere excuse to enforce a money-grab with the CC. I was on the fence about that before, but if they're going this route with it I will add my voice to those of the other protesters.

Chosen_Hero 2018-05-31 15:42

All I want is the armor from the cover of New Vegas to return since that is the armor I love to main.

As for the leaks, Bethesda never announces both a Fallout game or Elder Scrolls game at the same time. If they do so they will only be hurting themselves by the end.

Kyral 2018-06-03 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero (Post 6242015)
All I want is the armor from the cover of New Vegas to return since that is the armor I love to main.

Well, the NCR ranger armor was once LAPD riot gear... maybe WPD had something similiar.

Kyero Fox 2018-06-04 19:01

Sounds to be more and more like a Fortnite clone. Which I'm cool with. Fortnites art style kinda pushes me away. and it would fit the world of Fallout perfectly.

Rising Dragon 2018-06-10 21:44

So it's a multiplayer game with single-player options, a map four times the size of Fallout 4's, with a base-building focus, and the ability find nuclear silos and decimate the landscape yourself.

Tokkan 2018-06-11 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 6245794)
So it's a multiplayer game with single-player options, a map four times the size of Fallout 4's, with a base-building focus, and the ability find nuclear silos and decimate the landscape yourself.

Not single player. A "solo experience". You'll very likely still be playing on a server with other players. However, they said a couple of dozen players. On a map four times the size of Fallout 4, that's basically the equivalent of playing a multiplayer version of Fallout 4 with around 6 players. So it's probably rare to find other players out in the wild. Treat it like a random encounter.

Rising Dragon 2018-06-11 01:59

Okay fine, a "solo experience," if we're seriously going to split hairs here. :rolleyes:

Chosen_Hero 2018-06-11 07:31

Well... I definitely lost all interest in this game, I'll just get the Fallout 4 complete edition and hope for a New Vegas remastered or remake in the new engine.

Dop 2018-06-11 10:40

Yeah, unless there's an option to truly play solo with no other players in the instance, I'm out. Looks good, liked the new monsters and stuff, but multi-player gaming has always left me cold.

Maybe after Elder Scrolls 6 comes out they'll use that engine to do a 'Fallout 5' single-player game where you can do your lone wandering to your heart's content.

Guess it may be time to drag my old PS3 out of the cupboard, hook it up and mosey on into the Mojave Wasteland again.

Kyero Fox 2018-06-17 23:03

There will likely be Private servers either on launch or soon after.

Tokkan 2018-06-18 00:19

Yes, Todd did say in a few Q&A sessions that there will private servers (and also mods) post-launch.

(On the "mods" side things, please be aware that Bethesda doesn't officially consider Creation Club as mods but as "mini-DLC". They view mods as "user-generated content" and most CC content is made by Bethesda themselves with only a few designed by mod authors under contract work.)

Chosen_Hero 2018-06-18 10:30

My problem with this game is not wether I can play it solo or not, it's that the game needs an online connection to be played at all. Would it not have been easier to make a normal singleplayer Fallout game that happened to support drop in, drop out co-op play without the need to always be connected?

Tokkan 2018-06-18 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero (Post 6248224)
My problem with this game is not wether I can play it solo or not, it's that the game needs an online connection to be played at all. Would it not have been easier to make a normal singleplayer Fallout game that happened to support drop in, drop out co-op play without the need to always be connected?

This game was never meant to be singleplayer; it started out as part of Fallout 4 before they decided it should be its own thing.

(My source is the noclip documentary, BTW. Go watch that if you haven't already.)

Tokkan 2018-08-11 12:09

So um... some interesting things have come up about the PvP system from the QuakeCon Q&A.

You can't engage in PvP until level 5.
When you start attacking other players, your damage will only be minimal until the other person "engages" by shooting back, then you will do normal amounts of damage.
When you kill someone, you get a cap reward based of the level of the player you killed (higher the level, the more caps you get, with a further increase if there's a bigger gap between levels).
Revenge kills give double rewards in caps.
When you die, your collected junk items (no other items; you will always keep your weapons, armour and aid items) stay on your corpse for your killer to collect, so it's suggested to deposit your junk in your stash whenever you can.

If you actually manage to kill a player who did not shoot back or engage with you in anyway with your minimal non-engagement damage, you will receive no reward and you will become "Wanted".

Being "Wanted" entails:
-Always being visible on the world map, even when sneaking
-Being marked on the world map with a big red star
-Being locked out of PvP rewards until you are killed and lose your Wanted status
-Players who kill you will not only receive a very large reward, this reward will be deducted from your own caps