AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Providenceangle 2012-05-22 11:05

Could be fun to mod the Banshee to do that. Honestly though... Not a fan of the Unicorn or the Banshee. They aren't bad or bad kits just not my cup of tea.

The ending to Unicorn 5 was pretty epic though. Just makes you hate waiting for the next one though.

Finally ordered MG age-1 as well as the RG Freedom. Wanna have a look at that too.

casval cehack 2012-05-22 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4171490)
im currently building my HG danazine. its a very fun kit, especially since its so very different from other bandai models^^ i have finished the head and the neck section, it really is a pretty cool model and very detailed. its impressive how far the HG line has come!
so far i can recommend this guy =D

Yeah, seems a great kit based on rrobbert184's review too. I'm also getting one, even though the main weapon is not a clear part.

Appel 2012-05-22 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4171506)
Could be fun to mod the Banshee to do that. Honestly though... Not a fan of the Unicorn or the Banshee. They aren't bad or bad kits just not my cup of tea.

The ending to Unicorn 5 was pretty epic though. Just makes you hate waiting for the next one though.

i can see how it isnt everyones cup of tea. the design really is pretty bold in my opinion and the transformation gimmick is extremely tacked on IMHO.
the ending really was great which makes it even worse that we have to wait a whole year for the next episode...

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 4171513)
Yeah, seems a great kit based on rrobbert184's review too. I'm also getting one, even though the main weapon is not a clear part.

yeah, thats a little sucky. but other than that its a really cool model^^
its so very unique! at first i wanted to get a gafran but im glad that i waited for the danazine. i mean sure, the gafran has a dragon thing going on but the tail sucks as it seems. the tail of the dfanazine is massive and can go all over the place! =D posing it is a ton of fun as well!

http://www.abload.de/img/img_1025g8ldg.jpg

what ever you do with it, every pose looks cool because the suit itself looks so very unique. i love that!

i also noticed that these two here look really good next to each other!
http://www.abload.de/img/img_10278fxdz.jpg

MG RX-78-2 2.0 and MG AGE-1 sparrow. i think they compliment each other really well^^

the MG gundam 2.0 is also an amazing model. it looks extremely cheap and simple but when you actually build it it blows you away!

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-05-22 12:39

Appel... your Zeta 2.0... is it leaning against the wall?

Appel 2012-05-22 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4171625)
Appel... your Zeta 2.0... is it leaning against the wall?

nope :P
http://www.abload.de/img/img_1029itlv9.jpg
i just shifted the weight a tiny bit to the front. i wouldnt brag about my zeta standing on its own and then cheat by leaning it against the wall ;D

there is actually about a 10cm gap between the end of the shelf and the wall.

kaizerknight01 2012-05-22 13:04

hey guys does tamiya or gundam marker have shinny gold the kind that delta gundam 1/144 has

Appel 2012-05-22 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 (Post 4171647)
hey guys does tamiya or gundam marker have shinny gold the kind that delta gundam 1/144 has

with regular paint you will never get a gold effect as shiny as that of the gold plated pieces of kits like the delta gundam.
there are a few airbrush paints that can achieve a true polished metallic effect but they are expensive and you need an airbrush and a special primer paint from the same company which is also expensive.
there are gold markers and spraypaints but the layer of paint you put on the plastic is too thick with those. its shiny but never as shiny as you want it to be.

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-05-22 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4171644)
nope :P
http://www.abload.de/img/img_1029itlv9.jpg
i just shifted the weight a tiny bit to the front. i wouldnt brag about my zeta standing on its own and then cheat by leaning it against the wall ;D

there is actually about a 10cm gap between the end of the shelf and the wall.

-_- God, what is it, that I'm doing wrong with this kit... :(

Appel 2012-05-22 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4171652)
-_- God, what is it, that I'm doing wrong with this kit... :(

you just have to play around with the legs a little. you have to bring its center of gravity forward and above the hips. if you can do that it will stand in its own.
mine actually stands very securely^^ its not like its on a hairtrigger and about to fall over!

kaizerknight01 2012-05-22 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4171651)
with regular paint you will never get a gold effect as shiny as that of the gold plated pieces of kits like the delta gundam.
there are a few airbrush paints that can achieve a true polished metallic effect but they are expensive and you need an airbrush and a special primer paint from the same company which is also expensive.
there are gold markers and spraypaints but the layer of paint you put on the plastic is too thick with those. its shiny but never as shiny as you want it to be.

thanks , any suggestion on on what kind print ( Mr hobby , tamiya etc ) can come close to have that shinny gold ( planing to paint the 1/44 Jesta with the Iron man mark VII colors :heh::heh: wish me luck still a noob on paints and painting :heh::heh:

Appel 2012-05-22 13:28

i guess the tamiya one would be a rather good bet. the good gold paints all mook pretty much the same. i wouldnt use a marker though because you cant bring the paint as evenly onto the plastic with them as with spray paint.

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-05-22 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4171655)
you just have to play around with the legs a little. you have to bring its center of gravity forward and above the hips. if you can do that it will stand in its own.
mine actually stands very securely^^ its not like its on a hairtrigger and about to fall over!

I tried it again. It actually stoot on its own... for a few seconds -.- The hip have become loose, the legs spread apart slowly and it fell again. And getting the feet flat has become impossible, because of the hips :(

Appel 2012-05-22 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4171809)
I tried it again. It actually stoot on its own... for a few seconds -.- The hip have become loose, the legs spread apart slowly and it fell again. And getting the feet flat has become impossible, because of the hips :(

dont get me started on those hips! XD the two pieces that hold the polycap in place are seperating which means that the legs wont stay in place.
if that is giving me problems in the future im definitely going to glue them together. not to immobilize the hips completely but just to keep these two pieces together.

Providenceangle 2012-05-22 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4171614)
i can see how it isnt everyones cup of tea. the design really is pretty bold in my opinion and the transformation gimmick is extremely tacked on IMHO.

It's not ugly or anything. I like the mechanics of it as well. The colour does it for me too. It's just... I can't explain it well.

I admit the unicorn looks far better then the banshee though.

Bashfulz 2012-05-22 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 (Post 4171662)
thanks , any suggestion on on what kind print ( Mr hobby , tamiya etc ) can come close to have that shinny gold ( planing to paint the 1/44 Jesta with the Iron man mark VII colors :heh::heh: wish me luck still a noob on paints and painting :heh::heh:

the best way will be to get out there and look around for what gold paints are available in your area. other than taimya there's other hobby paints like mrhobby and testors, and you may want to try krylon or rustoleum.

LoweGear 2012-05-23 03:47

Very odd that they'll do the Fortress after the Orbital, but at least we know it's coming:

GG: HG Gundam AGE-3 Fortress - Dengeki Hobby

Scheduled for August release.

HasuMasu 2012-05-23 03:51

Maybe it's because the Orbital is so sexy.

Yeah, definitely the sexiness.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-05-23 04:10

I hope they didn't make Fortress's Purple too dark. With a light purple, it will blend better with the main light blue, hopefully :uhoh:.

Appel 2012-05-23 04:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4172484)
I hope they didn't make Fortress's Purple too dark. With a light purple, it will blend better with the main light blue, hopefully :uhoh:.

it doesnt have to be light, a very vibrant purple would work as well^^
personally i want the orbital version though. i will probably get the MG version of that one. but it depends on the price. if its too expensive i will wait or just stick to my HG AGE-3 normal entirely :P
im not sure which version of the AGE-2 i want though... i dont really like the design at all, so maybe i will skip that one entirely.

LoweGear 2012-05-23 04:23

HG Gundam AGE-2 Dark Hound

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...7760329927.jpg

So the hooks are actually hand-held grappling guns. Neat :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.