AnimeSuki Forum (
-   General Anime (
-   -   Question about a specific visual style in anime (

_eternal 2012-04-16 23:51

Question about a specific visual style in anime
Hey. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but I've seen a certain visual style used a few times in the more artsy anime and I don't recall ever seeing it in live action movies off-hand. I could try to describe it but it'd be easier to just look at this sample screencap from Honey and Clover:

Does anyone know what that's called? The coloured silhouette of the character, the trees that look like a photoshop filter (I've seen it before but I don't know which one... paper cutout, maybe?), etc. There's something distinctive about it but I don't actually know what to call it. I think there's a lot of this in ef too.

cyth 2012-04-17 00:27

It's called CCDTLB, which is short for "cutting corners due to low budget."

Myname 2012-04-17 08:07

It's called Picasso art.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:17.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.