AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) Wake Up, Girls ! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=114662)

MisaoFan 2012-09-10 04:54

Wake Up, Girls !

Director : Yutaka Yamamoto
Series Composition : Touko Machida
Music : Satoru Kousaki
Plot summary : The new anime is tentatively set in the Tohoku region, an area that was heavily affected by the earthquake of March 11, 2011. Yamamoto has been visiting the Tohoku region frequently, particularly the damaged hometown of Kannagi manga creator Eri Takenashi, and he already made blossom, a charity anime for the region.

Note : The production company avex entertainment announced on Monday that director Yutaka Yamamoto is helming a new anime titled Wake Up, Girls! in collaboration with Avex and the voice talent agency 81 Produce. Avex is billing the anime as a reunion of the Lucky Star staff, since Yamamoto (often nicknamed as "Yamakan") will be working again with scriptwriter/series script editor Touko Machida and monaca composer Satoru Kousaki.

On Monday, Avex and 81 Produce launched open auditions for new female talent who will not only star as the main characters of the new anime, but also sing the anime's theme song. The Avex Group has worked with Ayumi Hamasaki, Kumi Koda, AAA, Super Girls, and other idols and musical artists, while 81 Produce has managed such voice cast members as Kana Asumi, Emiri Katō, and Megumi Toyoguchi.

Kato and Avex talent Kaori Fukuhara appeared at Monday's press conference as "official supporters" of the new anime; they will not necessarily be in the new anime's cast. The anime's key visual showed seven girls, but the staff emphasized that it is not certain if the final group will still have seven girls.

This is the second time Avex and 81 Produce worked together to audition new talent this way; the six winners of the first contest earlier this year eventually formed the group i☆Ris, which sang the ending theme song "Color" for the Battle Spirits : Sword Eyes anime which premiered on Sunday.

totoum 2012-09-10 05:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4345189)
Avex is billing the anime as a reunion of the Lucky Star staff, since Yamamoto (often nicknamed as "Yamakan") will be working again with scriptwriter/series script editor Touko Machida and monaca composer Satoru Kousaki

I'm just going to quote Duckroll here

Quote:

The only way "Wake Up, Girls" can truly be a reunion of Lucky Star staff is if Avex fires Yamakan 4 episodes in and hands it over to KyoAni.

ahelo 2012-09-10 05:03

Yamkan is such a big liar. He said he'll quit if Fractale sucked and bombed. Oh well, Yamakan's good with comedy anyway, if this does turn into a comedy.

Time to save anime again I guess. . . -__-

fertygo 2012-09-10 05:24

We don't miss you, Yamakan :-(

Marcus H. 2012-09-10 07:34

Will this be the next Fractale?
What is the Tohoku region's relation to the story?
Would it involved girls who had been sexually assaulted?
Wouldn't that tarnish the reputation of the setting? (WTF Yamakan)

Tune in next time on "Anime Dark Knight Yamakan!"

Arabesque 2012-09-10 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4345189)
Music : Satoru Kousaki

This really caught my eye, as at the very least it's going to sound very, very good, if not great.

As for the anime, can't really make a comment since I still have no idea what to think about it (is it seriously about rape victims caught up in last years earthquake or is that a joke?) and the way they are marketing this is a bit silly (like duckroll had pointed out, this can't possibly be a Lucky Star ''reunion'') but ... call me foolish, I still want to give the man another shot. Yes, I know he's been prone to make comments so full of hot air that he can use them to hover around and for travel ... but there is still a part of me that wants him to genuinely succeed and do something good.

I mean who knows, maybe this can actually be good. In any case, I support him doing charity work, and while this isn't exactly one, I think he might do some good here.

Kanon 2012-09-10 09:44

Oh, look who's back. It took him longer than I thought to go back on his word (thought he wouldn't even last a year). Hopefully he won't do his drama queen this time.

Tyabann 2012-09-10 11:29

Always glad to see Kousaki finding work.

Nachtwandler 2012-09-10 13:17

Quote:

Will this be the next Fractale?
No )

Quote:

What is the Tohoku region's relation to the story?
It would take place in Tohoku

Quote:

Would it involved girls who had been sexually assaulted?
No, it would be about 7 idols )

Quote:

Wouldn't that tarnish the reputation of the setting?
Who knows )

zeniselv 2012-09-10 15:48

if yamakan balks this too i dont think he will get more chances in the industry.

Articalys 2013-06-09 10:21

Official site launched.

http://wakeupgirls.jp/

Not much there right now except for the key visual, a project overview, story overview, a reminder of the three staff we already know about, and announcing an event at the summer Wonder Festival on July 28.

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

xizro345 2013-06-09 11:14

I'll take a look at it, but the less he talks, the better.

NoemiChan 2013-06-10 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Articalys (Post 4715399)
Official site launched.

Not much there right now except for the key visual, a project overview, story overview, a reminder of the three staff we already know about, and announcing an event at the summer Wonder Festival on July 28.

The images will tell me that I will either be bored by it or hate it....:heh:

But I could eat everything I said....

Chiaki_chan 2013-06-10 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Articalys (Post 4715399)
Official site launched.

ok so I sur this anime begin for 2014?
In any case, this anime interests me

EroKing 2013-07-06 04:55

AbZeroNow 2013-07-28 03:17

Confirmed Winter 2014!

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topici...80#msg23855941

Moon Phase says "Chinese New Year 2014". Anyway glad to see that get a confirmed season.

AleX_MytH 2013-07-28 03:50

Quote:

No, it would be about 7 idols )
But idols can be sexually assaulted too!

Dextro 2013-07-28 04:33

Yamakan again? Ok, I'll bite. Let's see how this one crashes and burns :heh:

Kazu-kun 2013-07-28 06:45

So, can anyone translate the plot synopsis please?

Cloudenvy 2013-07-28 12:43

Yamakan, please.