AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Attack on Titan (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Attack on Titan - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=119788)

monir 2013-05-25 00:02

Attack on Titan - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Attack on Titan, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Iron Maw 2013-05-25 00:07

Episode 8 Preview Images

Looks like lots of Marco this week!

yankky5 2013-05-25 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Maw (Post 4695939)
Episode 8 Preview Images

Looks like lots of Marco this week!

*Boo* the spoilers dont show much of renegade-kun

Iron Maw 2013-05-25 01:37

I haven't looked at that, but you better delete it. You can't EVEN hint at spoilers here. Only promotional stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankky5 (Post 4695965)

*Boo* the spoilers dont show much of renegade-kun

I'm sure Boxer Titan will be in this episode in some way.

monir 2013-05-25 01:43

Poll had to be closed, and now 1 banned for spoiler... I say this early-thread experiment is on a rocky start! :p

Anyway, looking forward to episode 8.

aohige 2013-05-25 05:18

I like how the preview pics chosen are the most nondescript, nonspoiler images they could possibly choose out of the episode 8 of Shingeki no Marco

NoemiChan 2013-05-25 07:14

Lols.. what's with the pics?

Randrak42 2013-05-25 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Maw (Post 4696003)
I'm sure Boxer Titan will be in this episode in some way.

Excuse me!? Please refer to him by his actual name "Falcon PUUUUUNCH Titan", thank you very much!

But seriously, really looking forward to what will apparently be Shingeki no Marco.

articuzwolf 2013-05-25 10:56

I bet many people don't even know Marco exist, or just barely knew him from the last episode :heh:

Iron Maw 2013-05-25 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randrak42 (Post 4696283)
Excuse me!? Please refer to him by his actual name "Falcon PUUUUUNCH Titan", thank you very much!

But seriously, really looking forward to what will apparently be Shingeki no Marco.

But, "Boxer Titan" implies he does have the Capt's Punch, so it's a win-win for everybody!

Quote:

Originally Posted by articuzwolf (Post 4696399)
I bet many people don't even know Marco exist, or just barely knew him from the last episode :heh:

Well he was introduced back in ep 3 and has been here and there. He hadn't had much attention since other characters were getting their focus, now it's his turn this week to get some spotlight so it's all good.

zRichard 2013-05-25 12:32

It seems that many panned stills were used to animate most transition scenes this week. There was one that was particularly long.
Still, reception was good, manga fans were satisfied in the chat.

konart 2013-05-25 13:30

He's here!

DeathAngelBR 2013-05-25 14:08

So, ya... just as planned.

Hmm.... 2013-05-25 14:20

Just watch the raws.
That was one hell of long still shot.
Many people gonna cry Deus ex machine for this episode. But renegade titan is so bad ass, I may overlook this one. I wonder if he can do that again or it is one time use ?

larethian 2013-05-25 14:26

WTF, I expected Eren to be a Titan, not a Titan pilot...... :heh: And don't tell me all the Titans have humans inside and the nape of the neck is the 'cockpit' (w) and that's why they can kill Titans by slashing the 'cokcpits', and that's what they have been killing, 'Titan pilots' (a.k.a humans) www. Looks like Eren-kun won't be getting his automail outfits after all :heh:

Also, after thanking Jean for indirectly saving his life, Marco is marked for death now by a huge death flag.

Son Gohan 2013-05-25 14:39

That scene just awesome :
http://abload.de/img/1369503282890psj53.gif

serenade_beta 2013-05-25 15:04

工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工
I realized the giant was Eren before the end because the staff decided to put his voice (actor) in the giant's grunts, but still...
( ´゚д゚`)エー

It's... Umm... Yeah, unexpected. Whether I like this development is a different story.
..........Mm...
Well, so apparently people can become giants! Yay! Of course there is no way the story could have been about humans vs. giants.
And we go through the typical "Oh-my-god he has so much power kill him!" development next week. (;^ω^)

Anyways, I really hope they don't fill in every episode from now on with that narration...
And maybe the staff needs a rest. There was one scene visualized with one still picture sliding across...

PS: Ah~ But Sasha (Kobayashi Yuu) was entertaining. Iyaiyaiya, don't apologize. :heh:

Beaver897 2013-05-25 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 4696600)
Well, so apparently people can become giants! Yay! Of course there is no way the story could have been about humans vs. giants.
And we go through the typical "Oh-my-god he has so much power kill him!" development next week.

Why wouldn't it be a humans vs. giants story anymore? Still looks they're fighting Titans to me.

And no, whatever you're on about, 'having so much power' as the reason to kill him is false. It's normal for humans here to kill anything that resembles a Titan.

aohige 2013-05-25 15:48

Spoiler:

oompa loompa 2013-05-25 16:33

Great episode.. though the pan was really long.

Quote:

Originally Posted by larethian (Post 4696569)
WTF, I expected Eren to be a Titan, not a Titan pilot...... :heh: And don't tell me all the Titans have humans inside and the nape of the neck is the 'cockpit' (w) and that's why they can kill Titans by slashing the 'cokcpits', and that's what they have been killing, 'Titan pilots' (a.k.a humans) www. Looks like Eren-kun won't be getting his automail outfits after all :heh:

I dont think the other ones are humans.. like only Eren knew how to fight properly.
Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 4696600)
And we go through the typical "Oh-my-god he has so much power kill him!" development next week. (;^ω^)

Well shit man, they weren't going to kill him off. Hes in the ED.