AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Breath of Fire 6 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=121192)

Frailty 2013-08-01 11:00

Breath of Fire 6

Capcom just announced a 2014 released
Sorry, but I'm going to break the hype immediately
Capcom announced that it'll be a Browser/Tablet/SmartPhone game.

source: http://www.destructoid.com/breath-of...n-259147.phtml

thoughts?

isn't it weird that it's a numbered game? I'm not sure how to feel about this

Nightengale 2013-08-01 11:10

I didn't want to make this thread... Felt so bitter about it.

First you make a beloved legacy franchise into a mobile/online game. (not even a 3DS title)
Then you completely ruin the design aesthetics of the series with the most generic designs possible.
You didn't even have the gall to have the main character have blue hair.
And to make everything worse, you... made it a numbered game.
You, dared, to make this piece-of-shit into a title that will stand alongside BoF I-V?

Fuck you, Capcom.

RRW 2013-08-01 11:52

why you created this thread? WHY!?

Hemisphere 2013-08-01 11:58

I've resorted to severe Stockholm Syndrome, spending the last twenty minutes cackling at the GAF thread.

Laughing at all the other people despairing at this news, while tears stream down my face.

Frailty 2013-08-01 12:05

let's all be disappointed together!

Hemisphere 2013-08-01 12:20

I'll get the Kool-Aid!

Duo Maxwell 2013-08-01 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frailty (Post 4778222)
let's all be disappointed together!

It's getting better.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641243

Nightengale 2013-08-01 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 4778248)

That would've been fine....

I could've cared less if they called it BoF: Online, or whatever. I'm all but accepted the fact that many franchises may never come back, or only survive via low-budget spin-offs.

But don't fucking make it a 'numbered' title. All they're doing is disgracing the series.

defki 2013-08-01 13:05

I woke up and saw this garbage. I seriously wanted to vomit. 10 frigging years and this is what we get. And they even shamelessly make it a numbered title.

Fuck you Capcom. I hope you crash and burn.

ZGoten 2013-08-01 13:23

Im pretty excited by the news. I don't care if it's just a browser game or even a comic on a grocery bag. The series has been dead for ten years now. Any life sign is great news to me. If the game sells well, the company may decide to do a fully fledged console release again. Since BoFV is one of my favorite games of all time, I'd be so happy to see the series continue, either in the traditional style or as sort of a successor to Dragon Quarter.

Xefi 2013-08-01 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vigo (Post 4778290)
Fuck you Capcom. I hope you crash and burn.

this x1000000000000! :mad:

and here i was about to ask if it's going to be on ps4. :heh:

Duo Maxwell 2013-08-01 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZGoten (Post 4778308)
Im pretty excited by the news. I don't care if it's just a browser game or even a comic on a grocery bag. The series has been dead for ten years now. Any life sign is great news to me. If the game sells well, the company may decide to do a fully fledged console release again. Since BoFV is one of my favorite games of all time, I'd be so happy to see the series continue, either in the traditional style or as sort of a successor to Dragon Quarter.

Not like this, man. It shows they don't even care what a BoF game is.

ZGoten 2013-08-01 13:52

BoF has never been a particularly succesful franchise and it has been off people's radar for ten years now. It's only logical for Capcom to try and revitalize it without taking too much of a risk. I'm not surprised at all that they do it "like this" and it's totally fair, albeit unfortunate.

Angelic Cross 2013-08-01 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRW (Post 4778210)
why you created this thread? WHY!?

Think of it as an obituary for a formerly interesting franchise.

Frailty 2013-08-01 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZGoten (Post 4778333)
BoF has never been a particularly succesful franchise and it has been off people's radar for ten years now. It's only logical for Capcom to try and revitalize it without taking too much of a risk. I'm not surprised at all that they do it "like this" and it's totally fair, albeit unfortunate.

turning this series in to a online/mobile game is much riskier than making a new addition to the BoF series.

Capcom should've just sold BoF games on the PSN/XBLA to test whether or not this series needs a new entry.

ZGoten 2013-08-01 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frailty (Post 4778339)
turning this series in to a online/mobile game is much riskier than making a new addition to the BoF series.

Capcom should've just sold BoF games on the PSN/XBLA to test whether or not this series needs a new entry.

They are making a new addition to the BoF series, whether you like it or not. And whether the game is released on PSN/XBL or on tablet/browser doesn't change anything about the game itself. It might sell better on console platforms, but that's not what I'm arguing. I'm simply arguing that obviously Capcom wouldn't make a big retail release for consoles.

Eclipze 2013-08-01 14:53

Not particularly surprising considering the recent efforts by Capcom:

1) 4(?) cancelled Megaman games in a row (Legends 3's cancellation being blamed on the fan by Capcom :heh:)
2) Changing the Resident Evil survival horror games into the cinematic action zombie game (Thank goodness for The Evil Within)
3) Numerous on-disc pay-to-unlock DLC content on their games

Still, its hilarious though. I had only expected something like this to come from Square Enix rather than Capcom, seeing that they are probably in a better financial position than SE is in currently. Then again I could be wrong.

Mad Pierrot 2013-08-01 14:56

Mother of god, Capcom really "loves" its fanbase.

Xagzan 2013-08-01 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZGoten (Post 4778308)

As a Banjo-Kazooie fan, let me advise you that any life sign is, in fact, not always a good thing.

Tong 2013-08-01 16:22

New Onimusha and BOF... hype!
*see it's for useless platforms*
Oh well, carry on then.