AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Upcoming Archive (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   (CR) Glasslip (New PA Works series) [Anticipation] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=124912)

Utsuro no Hako 2014-03-10 10:23

Glasslip (New PA Works series) [Anticipation]

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-j...0/glasslip.jpg

Quote:

On the other side of the glass, you can see tomorrow.
No cast or staff announced yet. All that's known is it's set in Fukui and involves a girl who wants to become a glass smith.

It's been a while since we've had an announcement that really excites me, but this will do.

MeoTwister5 2014-03-10 10:34

I suddenly have dem feels with this for some damn reason even though I know absolutely nothing about it.

Must investigate more.

bakaouji 2014-03-10 10:35

Seems like this could be either a slice-of-life or romance anime. I hope its the latter.

Birdway 2014-03-10 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakaouji (Post 5039620)
Seems like this could be either a slice-of-life or romance anime. I hope its the latter.

I hope it's the former, when PAW does SoL they're great at it and usually they became a hit(or close to) like Tari Tari and Hanasaku but when they're into romance all becomes a mess and you get a Nagiasu(lol).

Or maybe I has a misconception about PAW romance and what it needs its a different writer that isn't Okada(Evergreen team is a good example) or a director(like Nagai) that can deal with Okada(and not someone like Toshiya Shinohara), of course that's assuming she will work in this new series cuz I heard she is working for JC Staff new series, right?

Kanon 2014-03-10 10:55

The premise is original. I hope it's slice of life.

Nachtwandler 2014-03-10 10:59

Phh. NagiAsu haters could hate as much as they want. It won't make this great anime worser.

And as for the announce: I'm all in for any new PAW animes. Especially original ones.

romcom89 2014-03-10 11:22

Looks great. I'm looking forward to this. Love PA Works

Marina2 2014-03-10 11:46

"On the other side of the glass, you can see tomorrow."

Can I wish this show to be a SOL+Magical show where MC can use the glass to see an event in the future?

Cold~as~Ice 2014-03-10 14:48

I'm taking a guess this girl will come across a glass art workshop where all these glass sculptures come to life kind of like in the movie "Night at the museum"

Articalys 2014-03-10 15:05

I for one hope there's nothing supernatural about it.

Dr. Casey 2014-03-10 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 (Post 5039618)
I suddenly have dem feels with this for some damn reason even though I know absolutely nothing about it.

Must investigate more.

Same here. There's nothing to go on except the name and a single image, but I already have a good feeling about this show.

Dextro 2014-03-10 15:44

I'm with Pocary Sweet on this one: if this is the Tari Tari team I'm completely onboard. P.A.Works can do some rather amusing shows even if they are rather hit and miss for me.

Student no.0 2014-03-10 19:40

Glass smiths as a main theme? That's new for me when it comes to anime. Will keep tabs on this.

LuxorMG 2014-03-10 20:35

This'll be interesting. I haven't really gotten into a SOL since Hanasaku (and before that, Aria), but it's always nice to find a good one.

Rosalena 2014-03-10 20:44

Hooray for another P.A. Works original anime! It looks absolutely gorgeous! \^_^/

Flower 2014-03-10 20:56

Now this is good news indeed - a summer series to really look forward to!

Hope they do it well....

Master_Yoma 2014-03-10 21:22

Well its going to be interesting how there going to do the whole glass thing

Marcus H. 2014-03-10 21:30

Quote:

On the other side of the glass, you can see tomorrow.
This is literally "Through the Looking Glass" in a sense. :heh:
I guess this series is a slice of life with a mix of fantasy?

vaden 2014-03-10 22:22

That is some really obvious wordplay they've got going on with the main character's name, haha. "Deep-water transparent girl"? You don't say.

That aside, that is some pretty great promo artwork. I'll keep an eye on this one.

Pocari_Sweat 2014-03-11 04:16

It will most likely, based on past history, be a coming of age character drama with glassmaking as a theme but not the focal point of the series. Now the question is who's on the production staff. My bet is that Sekiguchi Kaname is on character design and that Mari Okada is not the series composer. She's already busy with other series and I have yet to see two back to back PAW series with her onboard - except for True Tears and Canaan. No idea for director though. Seems to be weak point for PAW shows in that they never seem to have big gun directors.

I'm hoping it's 1 cour because 2 cour PA series tend to have this dragging-on problem, and that romance isn't a focal point since anime romance sucks 90% of the time.