AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Life Is Strange (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=131915)

MrTerrorist 2015-04-21 07:11

Life Is Strange

I decided to create a thread for this game because no one hasn't yet.

The game is a 5-part episodic adventure game made by Dontnod Entertainment, the same people who created the action adventure game Remember Me.

Unlike their past game, Life Is Strange is more like a Tell Tale Adventure game except this game has a twist being the female protagonist Max, has the ability to rewind time and redo any choices she made.

So far two episodes have been released and it's getting some positive reviews.

frubam 2015-04-29 23:57

Have you actually played it yet? I've played the demo on the ps4, and like what I saw. I read that the game has some campy dialogue at points; and I could see it being possible, based on what I played of the demo, but no proof of it in said demo. As a huge fan of Shadow of Destiny(PS2), I dig it enough to try it out; it's only 5 bucks, though I wouldn't mind an extra opinion on it =03.

Kyero Fox 2015-04-30 00:00

Won't be able to deal with the writing and terrible choices not mattering. no go for me :( same goes for tales of the borderlands and GoT TT games. Little less so on the TT games because the characters dont all act like complete idiots and speak tumblr :heh:

frubam 2015-04-30 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyero Fox (Post 5518268)
Won't be able to deal with the writing and terrible choices not mattering. no go for me

I thought the game supposedly had multiple endings and all that(even if one is considered canon that continues into the next game). Are you saying the choices still have a linear path, even if the immediate outcome is different?

Kyero Fox 2015-04-30 00:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by frubam (Post 5518274)
I thought the game supposedly had multiple endings and all that(even if one is considered canon that continues into the next game). Are you saying the choices still have a linear path, even if the immediate outcome is different?

S'wat I heard. Along with characters not doing the most common sense thing that would fix the whole matter, but instead do the stupid thing and make everything more complicated.

I kinda gave up on these after The Wakling Dead Season 2 and The Wolf Among us. Wolf being way better but still linear as hell.

frubam 2015-04-30 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyero Fox (Post 5518276)
S'wat I heard. Along with characters not doing the most common sense thing that would fix the whole matter, but instead do the stupid thing and make everything more complicated.

I kinda gave up on these after The Wakling Dead Season 2 and The Wolf Among us. Wolf being way better but still linear as hell.

Uggh, that's not good =0(. I would certainly be crazy to expect SoD-level of time manipulation(where ANY single action could potentially change the rest of the story around), but incompetent chars aren't really my thing =0\.

Since it's been a while since I've played this type of game, I might go ahead and get it anyway(5 bucks is nothing). As long as I don't have my expectations too high, I could just enjoy the story for what it is.

Chaos2Frozen 2015-04-30 00:16

I don't know, I found myself surprisingly invested in the characters at the end of episode 2.

And this is from watching two idiots trying to be teenage girls.

Tyabann 2015-04-30 01:27

There's a pretty significant event at the end of the second episode that may or may not have an impact on the rest of the series. We'll have to see. :heh:

Hooves 2015-04-30 03:37

It's interesting so far in my opinion. Still waiting to see if your choices really do matter in the end.

Chase 2015-04-30 13:57

So far im enjoying this. I find this more interesting than I ever did in TWD and Beyond:Two Souls for examples.

ZGoten 2015-05-01 02:47

There's just waaaay to much high school drama in this for me. It's repulsive.

Sageblink 2015-05-28 01:10

Just finished episode 3.
The ending was kinda expected, but still shocking.

Speculation regarding Rachel is going crazy in my head right now...

Freeter 2015-05-29 00:52

I'm watching the Best Friends playthrough of it, and Episode 3 was a huge step up from the previous two. I'm actually interested in seeing where this goes.

Sageblink 2015-05-29 06:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeter (Post 5547409)
I'm watching the Best Friends playthrough of it, and Episode 3 was a huge step up from the previous two. I'm actually interested in seeing where this goes.

Well, clearly it has maaaany different routes to go. :heh:
Now I'm in every forum, reading fan theories and speculation is going wild.

Chaos2Frozen 2015-05-29 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeter (Post 5547409)

Same here, goddamn I'm invested in this.

Both Episode 2 and 3 had strong finishers.

HasuMasu 2015-05-29 13:16

It probably helps that Max is hella kawaii.

Eragon 2015-09-14 16:15

Surprised so few people are interested in this game on AS considering this is like a visual novel just, 1000 times better.

Kyero Fox 2015-09-14 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eragon (Post 5648902)
Surprised so few people are interested in this game on AS considering this is like a visual novel just, 1000 times better.

Except it's 1000 times worse thanks to the writing. :uhoh:

Sageblink 2015-10-20 11:22

Well, it just dropped from a 9/10 to a 7/10...

Spoiler for Episode 5 spoiler:

Daniel E. 2015-10-22 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sageblink (Post 5683597)
Well, it just dropped from a 9/10 to a 7/10...

Spoiler for Episode 5 spoiler:

It pains me to say this, but I completly agree with you.

Spoiler for episode 5: