AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt - News & Anticipation (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=139392)

RRW 2015-10-28 03:18

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt - News & Anticipation

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSY9k35UYAAgNs9.jpg:large

Quote:

The Universal Century began with mankind moving its burgeoning population into outer space. The year is UC0079. The cluster of colonies furthest from the Earth, Side 3, proclaim themselves the Principality of Zeon and launch a war of independence against the Earth Federation. Now, it is nearly one year since the war broke out. In the “Thunderbolt sector”, a reef section of space where a large quantity of wreckage from battleships and destroyed space colonies from the war lies, a violent battle plays out as the Earth Federation Forces set their sights on recapturing the Zeon controlled sector.

http://gundam-tb.net/

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-10-28 03:32

I like the manga so far. So count me excited for this upcoming adaptation.

And here's an interview with the mangaka in 2014 to accompany this thread ;):

Spoiler:

LoweGear 2015-10-28 04:38

SPACE THUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist :heh:

I'm actually gonna go ahead and guess that this'll be a 3D-CGI series due to how complicated the designs for Gundam Thunderbolt are, unless the dedicate some massive budget and effort into this.

Patriot's Blade 2015-10-28 04:58

i wonder if they keep the part where that poor sob who watched p0rn on his i-pa...... i mean tablet, while on front line duty! before he got his soul whooped from existence by Io the haxx, the last thing he did before getting slain is him jacking-off? not sure that feels good :uhoh::heh:

wavehawk 2015-10-28 05:38

All I wish is for this not to suck. I got hyped the second I saw the announcement, please don't ruin it for me...Unicorn production values and an OVA format please!

Ryuuoh DeltaPlus 2015-10-28 05:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5690126)
All I wish is for this not to suck. I got hyped the second I saw the announcement, please don't ruin it for me...Unicorn production values and an OVA format please!

It's highly probable that it\'s gonna be OVA

Skye629 2015-10-28 16:19

Hmmmm OVA or mini series? Definitely not enough content for a full series atm

This is sorta interesting because we got Gundam The Origin going on atm

Unless its the next project in line? That would still be quite a while though

LightningZERO 2015-10-28 21:45

While this news is interesting, I sorta feel that currently Gundam seems overexposed. With the dropping tv rating, I hope we are not heading towards another Gundam X

LoweGear 2015-10-29 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 5690701)
While this news is interesting, I sorta feel that currently Gundam seems overexposed. With the dropping tv rating, I hope we are not heading towards another Gundam X

Gundam... overexposed? :twitch:

Gundam is a multi-million dollar franchise that is to Japan as Star Wars is to America. "Overexposure" has never been one of its problems, more like part and parcel of the entire thing.

Wild Goose 2015-10-29 03:07

As Lowe and I were talking about on SB, all hail the rereleases of Thunderbolt kits - existing HGs, new HGs, and MGs.

Patriot's Blade 2015-10-29 04:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Goose (Post 5690895)
As Lowe and I were talking about on SB, all hail the rereleases of Thunderbolt kits - existing HGs, new HGs, and MGs.

Atlas Gundam!! we need him now!!:heh:

LightningZERO 2015-10-29 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 5690829)
Gundam... overexposed? :twitch:

Gundam is a multi-million dollar franchise that is to Japan as Star Wars is to America. "Overexposure" has never been one of its problems, more like part and parcel of the entire thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't overexposure and subsequently Gundam fatigue pretty much put the franchise in hibernation until SEED came along? It's a worrisome trend considering the past few main series (AGE and G-Reco) have not been very successful and IBO's tv rating is less than stellar.

Maybe that's why Bandai/Sunrise is doing another UC series (OYW no less) since the time period has built in fanbase and guaranteed kit sales.

LoweGear 2015-10-29 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 5691182)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't overexposure and subsequently Gundam fatigue pretty much put the franchise in hibernation until SEED came along?

While I don't know the reason as to why there was a two year wait between Turn-A Gundam (1999 - 2000) and Gundam SEED (2002 - 2003), I doubt said gap had anything to do with "overexposure" or "Gundam fatigue". Besides, said 2 year wait isn't even particularly long - Gundam SEED Destiny (2004 - 2005) also had a similar gap before Gundam 00 (2007 - 2008), and yet I don't hear anybody calling that period "putting the franchise in hibernation".

LightningZERO 2015-10-29 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 5691336)
While I don't know the reason as to why there was a two year wait between Turn-A Gundam (1999 - 2000) and Gundam SEED (2002 - 2003), I doubt said gap had anything to do with "overexposure" or "Gundam fatigue". Besides, said 2 year wait isn't even particularly long - Gundam SEED Destiny (2004 - 2005) also had a similar gap before Gundam 00 (2007 - 2008), and yet I don't hear anybody calling that period "putting the franchise in hibernation".

Oh yeah, thanks for the correction. Miss out Turn A :heh:

Patriot's Blade 2015-10-30 06:21

so who else think Thunderbolt's adaptation was somehow either hinted or foreshadowed in Build Fighters Try's ep 4 when one of Fumina's choices for the base unit of her about to be Winning Gundam was Thunderbolt's GM? though her GM Powered Cardigan seems Thunderbolt inspired with those sub arms holding the shields & extra bits attached.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-10-30 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriot's Blade (Post 5691840)
so who else think Thunderbolt's adaptation was somehow either hinted or foreshadowed in Build Fighters Try's ep 4 when one of Fumina's choices for the base unit of her about to be Winning Gundam was Thunderbolt's GM? though her GM Powered Cardigan seems Thunderbolt inspired with those sub arms holding the shields & extra bits attached.

I think that's stretching it. Though yeah, Cardigan's sub-arms look like the ones in Thunderbolt.

dmaxzero 2015-10-30 08:03

The manga is terrific. And for once adults as main characters in Gundam.
Cant wait.

Skye629 2015-10-30 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmaxzero (Post 5691906)
The manga is terrific. And for once adults as main characters in Gundam.
Cant wait.

Technically we have had quite a few adult leads in the last few years compared to before

Terrestrial Dream 2015-10-30 22:33

I haven't check the manga but the premise seems cool. Though OYW and Zeon conflict can get tiresome at some point. I wouldn't mind for them to focus on later UC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 5691336)

I think before Seed Gundam was losing its popularity. X didn't do so hot, though I believe bad time slots was one of the cause, and Turn A didn't do well. Seed did raised the popularity of Gundam again. So while Gundam wasn't dying, it was losing bit of steam.

LoweGear 2015-10-31 06:01

So apparently we're getting a trailer after the theatrical showing of Gundam the Origin II: Artesia's Sorrow in Japan, which is starting today:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YShZSp4Khw...25974226_n.jpg