AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Titanfall 2 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=145473)

LoweGear 2016-10-07 23:44

Titanfall 2

So I knew about the first Titanfall for a while now, but didn't really think it worth it since it was a multiplayer-only affair. But with its sequel coming out later this month, I discovered that Titanfall 2 will be having an actual singleplayer campaign, which now has my undivided attention. And boy do they sell it good :eek:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
For those who prefer the multiplayer side though, here's a few awesome vids:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Firefly00 2016-10-08 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 5960373)
So I knew about the first Titanfall for a while now, but didn't really think it worth it since it was a multiplayer-only affair. But with its sequel coming out later this month, I discovered that Titanfall 2 will be having an actual singleplayer campaign, which now has my undivided attention. And boy do they sell it good

The big problem with most multiplayer-only games (Overwatch is a notable exception, but not everyone has Blizzard's resources) is that they don't have much native opportunity to expound upon the world and backstory the writers have put effort into creating. Good on Respawn to realize this, as belated as it is.

Chosen_Hero 2016-10-10 18:28

So this was a thing:

https://www.google.com.pr/amp/www.po...ust-two-tweets

I don’t know whether to laugh at the stupidity of fanboys (of all kinds) or lament the fact that this is what the gaming community has become as of late.

Chaos2Frozen 2016-10-11 03:21

There are also some gameplay of the campaign recently out.

I tried out the open Alpha testing last month, movement was fun but in the end it's still a twitch shooter and I don't like those types of shooters.

...Now the Campaign on the other hand... I might be persuaded if it's a sizeable meaty product. Though what I saw of the story it seems generic in setting but the buddy cop aspect to it has potential.

Chaos2Frozen 2016-10-11 16:30

LoweGear 2016-10-14 12:28

The above is for the gameplay, now for the story vision:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
If they can pull it off, BT may just become as awesome as Chambro was ;-;

Rising Dragon 2016-10-14 12:54

Will it be a decent-sized, proper campaign? Or the usual barebones crap most modern shooters give if they bother with it at all?

LoweGear 2016-10-14 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 5964582)
Will it be a decent-sized, proper campaign? Or the usual barebones crap most modern shooters give if they bother with it at all?

It's not like we can answer that question now you know :heh:

Besides, at least it's now a proper singleplayer campaign that can be played offline, rather than the unusual multiplayer story campaign that Titanfall had.

Chaos2Frozen 2016-10-19 05:47

This Monologue is killing me =_=

Chaos2Frozen 2016-10-24 17:39

LoweGear 2016-10-27 02:11

Bang bang

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
This trailer... it's beautiful ;-;

Chaos2Frozen 2016-10-29 04:35

One unfortunate thing I can say about the campaign is that western developers continue their streak of uninspired adds filled boss fights.

BUT, at least they tried. Better than those that just give up.

Viper was the only one that stood out slightly due to him being an actual flying Titan.

One good thing though is the environment encounters in this game, it's almost Valve-like

MeoTwister5 2016-10-29 04:49

So as someone who eventually got bored with The Division and Destiny... how does this one go for it's multiplayer?

Seafoam 2016-10-29 08:36

I'm really enjoying the multiplayer. It has a fun factor that I haven't felt from a FPS in years.

Also, trying to get the top spot on the gauntlet almost made me break something.

Chaos2Frozen 2016-11-01 09:07

YO! After 6 matches I've finally gotten my first LTS win! Not only that I also got the final kill shot!

I tried to laser core a flying Northstar, it didn't work but I got it down to a sliver of health, I ejected in time and landed on top of it, yanked out his battery and blew him up before his smoke could kill me. But that was NOT the kill shot! I then pulled out my charged laser, 180 sniped the final enemy Scorch who was in doom state!

Capture video that shit!

MeoTwister5 2016-11-01 09:15

Is there any particular reason why EVERYBODY I try to matchmake with only plays Bounty Hunt?

Chaos2Frozen 2016-11-01 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 (Post 5974299)
Is there any particular reason why EVERYBODY I try to matchmake with only plays Bounty Hunt?

There might be.

From what I've read, and this is not confirm, the developers might have designed certain mechanics to favor Bounty over the other modes like Attrition. I'll try to read more about it but I saw one or two people with that impression.

Chaos2Frozen 2016-11-03 05:39

This MAD was retweeted by Respawn

Jinjer 2016-11-08 08:05

sometimes I was this was a singleplayer game first...

Chaos2Frozen 2016-11-10 01:16

When every other Titan has a Long range option, Ronin feels particularly gimped in comparison.