AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) Saihate no Paladin (The Faraway Paladin) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=156665)

Stark700 2021-04-17 04:43

Saihate no Paladin (The Faraway Paladin)

https://i.imgur.com/K3QNFuD.png

Light novel series 'Saihate no Paladin' is getting an anime adaptation. Announced today from the Overlap Bunko event, coming Fall 2021.

Plot Summary:

Quote:

William is the lone human in a city of the dead. Born with vague memories of a past life in contemporary Japan where he failed to do anything useful, he is determined not to make the same mistake again, and that this time, his life will be lived. But what does that really mean? Raised by a group of the undead, William must discover what circumstances brought him to this city and these people as well as what it means to not just exist, but to live a full life.
https://twitter.com/faraway_paladin/...55299600363524

MisaoFan 2021-04-17 06:00

Here's the staff and cast below:
Quote:

Yuu Nobuta (High School Fleet, World’s End Harem, Maesetsu! Opening Act) is directing the anime at Children's Playground Entertainment (Hatena Illusion, Tsukiuta. THE ANIMATION2). Tatsuya Takahashi (Wise Man's Grandchild, World’s End Harem, Eromanga Sensei) is overseeing the series scripts, and Koji Haneda (Scar-red Rider XechS, Initial D Legend trilogy) is designing the characters.

The show stars:

Maki Kawase as Will
Katsuyuki Konishi as Blood
Yui Horie as Mary
Nobuo Tobita as Gus
Ayumu Murase as Menel

Stark700 2021-08-06 14:54

Crunchyroll announced for streaming.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ative-and-more

Huh...? 2021-08-28 05:27

* OP - "The Sacred Torch" by "H-el-ical//"
* ED - "Shirushibi (Mark of Fire)" by "Nagi Yanagi"

Cast:
* Aoi Yūki as "Gracefeel"
* Hiroki Takahashi as "Stagnate"

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Huh...? 2021-09-26 05:04

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

shmaster 2021-10-09 12:56

Sigh, the art direction is subpar, and the show is just cramming contents instead and fails to deliver the emotion.
I guess you can't help it with this studio in charge.

Tenzen12 2021-10-09 13:08

Definitely not subpar. It wasn't good, but still solid average. Content, yes I do have impression it is bit of fast forward, but it still work. That said I did had problem with that prayer scene, those flame definitely didn't seem to cause any harm or pain to Mary anor she looked in need of saving. that one thing was pretty bad.

Lex79 2021-10-11 13:01

Glad to see again Will, Gus, Mary and Blood.

SeijiSensei 2021-10-11 17:09

Again an episode that exceeded my rather low expectations. I thought the script was pretty intelligent and hope it continues that way.

Wandering Soul 2021-10-11 17:27

Not much to say here, but it was a good start. Hopefully, I'll get to see why this series is so loved.

Guardian Enzo 2021-10-11 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeijiSensei (Post 6489054)
Again an episode that exceeded my rather low expectations. I thought the script was pretty intelligent and hope it continues that way.

I wasn't especially encouraged by the author's tweet that one of his big inspirations was Goblin Slayer, though. :heh:

Given the studio I was expecting truly grisly production values, but the premiere dodged that bullet. On the whole I thought it was fine.

monsta666 2021-10-11 19:02

It was a bit of slow episode so I can see some not being overly impressed with it. However, there were a few threads of mystery that kept me interested in learning more namely the reasons why these three undead took on William. That aborted outburst from Gus seemed to send some alarms. What sort of doubts did they have in adopting him?

What also took me by surprise was the ending sequence as we get a decent insight on where this series is going. Looks like we will get a time skip in short order and the action will go up by notch. It also suggests the story will kick on and things will progress faster than what we got here what with all the new characters being introduced.

Twi 2021-10-11 20:16

Hmm... I have mild interest in this, but I've been burned too many times by an Isekai due to its protagonist and fanservice. How fares that here?

Lex79 2021-10-12 00:47

This is not really fanservicey and you won't see flocks of girls falling for the protagonist.

moridin84 2021-10-12 08:30

I read the first few volumes (I forget exactly how many) and there weren't any female love interests. Although there is that girl in the OP, so maybe they added one later on? It doesn't really look like she is a heroine though.

The MC isn't really a standard isekai protagonist, in fact, I forgot it was an isekai at all.

Well, I got bored and dropped it eventually so it's hard for me to recommend it.

Endscape 2021-10-12 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 6489059)
I wasn't especially encouraged by the author's tweet that one of his big inspirations was Goblin Slayer, though. :heh:

Huh. I always thought this was an older series than Goblin Slayer. I can see the similarity, they both have an old school D & D campaign vibe about them.

Quote:

Given the studio I was expecting truly grisly production values, but the premiere dodged that bullet. On the whole I thought it was fine.
I was worried about this myself, but they're doing fine thus far. Hope they can keep it up.

zztop 2021-10-12 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 6489059)

I also heard Mushoku Tensei was also another inspiration for the author to write Paladin.
(as in the character evolution/growth parts of it.)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2021-10-12 10:53

• No OP MC
  • No creepy/lecherous/pedo MC
  • No lazy video game mechanics
  • No stupid fanservice
  • No stupid harem
  • Good character exploration around a small group of people first
  • Quick pacing but not too quick
  • Interesting mystery

Praise the lord! Solid enough episode. I sometimes don't realize how nice the above things are until many modern isekai like to abandon them for quick hook & quick buck.

This might be the isekai that I will eagerly follow this season, replacing I'm Standing on a Million Lives last season.

HandofFate 2021-10-12 11:08

1st episode is like 100% setup, but its got me interested in the world.

zztop 2021-10-12 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 6489106)
  • No OP MC
  • No creepy/lecherous/pedo MC
  • No lazy video game mechanics
  • No stupid fanservice
  • No stupid harem
  • Good character exploration around a small group of people first
  • Quick pacing but not too quick
  • Interesting mystery

Praise the lord! Solid enough episode. I sometimes don't realize how nice the above things are until many modern isekai like to abandon them for quick hook & quick buck.

This might be the isekai that I will eagerly follow this season, replacing I'm Standing on a Million Lives last season.

I know that's why people enjoyed Paladin (esp. its 1st volume).
Consensus was that it read more like a thought-out Western fantasy novel as opposed to the usual otaku-pandering light novel.