AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Upcoming Archive (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to Pick Up Trash (Anticipation) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=159885)

Stark700 2022-11-10 22:02

The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to Pick Up Trash (Anticipation)

The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to Pick Up Trash anime announced

Plot Synopsis

Quote:

When Ivy was born into this world, she remembered her past life. Remembering her preincarnation, she strove to avoid strife. But fate curdled at the status check, when kids learn who they are. For she had only one skill - Taming - and not a single star.

Ivy was weak from the start - at most, she could tame a slime. And in her world, most people did not give the weak their time. Only one woman in her village would treat her as her own. But after she "died," Ivy got the hint and ran from home.

While on the run, she met a tiny slime and named it Sora. And such begins the heartwarming survival story of a small girl who can tame.
Source

https://twitter.com/TOBOOKS/status/1590902602438676480

Greenish Growth 2022-11-11 00:10

I thought it was a Cleaning (power) story there for a moment.

chopitos_93 2022-11-11 05:52

Meh, I thought that it was a CGDCT but turns out that it's a reverse harem isekai.

Liddo-kun 2022-11-11 08:40

@chopitos

thanks for the info. Staying away from this then.

shmaster 2022-11-11 12:24

Reverse harem? Where did thay came from?
The MC never stay in one location for more than a story arc. There is no room for a harem to be formed.

Stark700 2023-05-02 21:12

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...rtist-/.197733

Huh...? 2023-05-03 08:05

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

BWTraveller 2023-05-04 14:33

Along with not seeing any indication of harem, is this really an isekai? I mean, yeah, it says she's a reincarnation, but does it say she's a reincarnation from the real world? A lot of the reincarnated tamer stories I've seen have them come from another fantasy world. And anyway, what little I recall didn't seem to give much of any significance to that reincarnation. I mean, most Isekai have at least something, like memories of their bad life, application of science or technology from their previous world, or misconceptions due to differences between the fantasy stories and the real state of the new world, but again I don't recall any of that.

Greenish Growth 2023-05-10 14:33

I forgot this thread and read the manga not too long ago. It was pretty cute and reasonably interesting, but I probably wouldn't have had the patience to keep reading the novel if that was how I was reading it.

I think it really was an isekai, but her previous life wasn't a big enough issue to stick in my mind and it wasn't brought up repeatedly over and over again so I kind of forgot about exactly how that part went.

BWTraveller 2023-05-10 23:32

Honestly, if that's the case I'd prefer they just made it a standard fantasy. There should at least be some reason for the character to be from another world, even if it's just to provide an excuse for the ignorant outsider's perspective that requires thorough exposition.

Marcus H. 2023-05-12 22:40

Quote:

I think it really was an isekai, but her previous life wasn't a big enough issue to stick in my mind and it wasn't brought up repeatedly over and over again so I kind of forgot about exactly how that part went.
Ah yes, the "isekai by technicality", like Slime 300 and Isekai Drugstore.

Greenish Growth 2023-05-15 13:26

I think it was isekai to explain the reason for her thinking process and to explain her maturity for her young age (being able to get by alone outdoors, etc).

I might be forgetting something.

At any rate...I don't mind watching this or reading the manga. Reading the novel though....I'm not so excited about. :p

Huh...? 2023-11-23 07:36

January/Winter 2024
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

scififan 2024-01-12 10:04

The synopsis sounds like the isekai version of Les Miserable and Oliver Twist. The anime version looks more like Macgyver. The girl learns how to survive in the wild. She tries to treat the cut on her skin. Even she is lonely, she got a slime by her side. It reminds me a lot of singles have cats and dogs.

Chosen_Hero 2024-01-12 19:27

That slime will either become the most powerful monster or die for the sake of drama, there's no in-between.:heh:

With that said, too much talking and exposition and not enough happening, I'll give it the three episodes, but not exactly hopeful about continuing this.

larethian 2024-01-12 22:21

Tbh, yawn-nish 1st episode. I'd prefer mechanics to be introduced gradually in other ways than an info-dump and a very boring end to the episode (other than the bg song).

stray 2024-01-12 22:40

Not really sure what to make of this but the series is reasonably interesting I guess, I'll give it a couple more episodes anyway.

Decel 2024-01-12 23:00

Yeah definitely a slow episode, but I felt some cathartic bitter-sweetness to it (woe is me), though things better ramp up because there's only so much they can stretch this out.

I'm assuming that there's a goal since the fortune-teller told her to go to the capital.