AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Turn A Gundam, Turn Your Head, (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=24321)

EpyonEmerald 2004-11-25 07:26

Turn A Gundam, Turn Your Head,

I just watched the first ten episodes, And people have been telling that since I like Wing And Seed that I am an idiot and they are better for liking Turn a gunam, MS 08th team, Chars Counter Attck ect,

Turn a Gundam was Turn a Dumb,
Seriously, And its not bad graphics Gundam Wing had the same. It was everything, the episode was so lame, the story was so lame. I didn't care at all.

Help me find out, why Gundam Seed and Wing are looked down on. Just because they are populer doesn't make them any less good. But how could someone actually like Turn A Gundam? And why did Mwu have to die?

Blaat 2004-11-25 07:56

Quote:

Help me find out, why Gundam Seed and Wing are looked down on. Just because they are populer doesn't make them any less good. But how could someone actually like Turn A Gundam?
Because of UC fanboys.

Quote:

And why did Mwu have to die?
He didn't

srb 2004-11-25 08:04

I just can't fathom how you can find Turn A boring after 10 episodes - I've only seen 13 but I'm craving for more. I love the setting and the characters, and the "graphics", the animation, is extremely far from bad.

I like Turn A, what I've seen so far, because of the characters and the setting and I'm anxious to see how the story develops. I also love the Turn A, my so far only Gunpla is a HG 1/100 Turn A sitting on my desk.

Gundam Wing is looked down upon because it's not just stupid, it's also pretty bad. SEED is looked down upon because of the 13 Gundams and a lot of the plot and characters are lifted straight from UC. I still like SEED though, I see it more as a homage and a retelling of the story. That's what an "Alternate Universe" is supposed to do, right?

dreamless 2004-11-25 08:41

I love ep1-39 of SEED, I hate Wing, and I don't like ep40-50 SEED too much because it reminds me of Wing too much. Why Wing is looked down upon? Because the show is childish. Childish politics, childish ideas, childish take on pacifism. And the worst cast of characters in any Gundam series, especially Relena.

I don't think Turn A has anything to do with UC fanboys, actually I know a lot of UC fanboys hate Turn A because of the non-Gundam-ish MS designs. Turn A has a non-childish story, a mature take on war, and IMO the best MS designs. Obviously if you are looking for some pop idol stuffs and, say, you love pop idol movies like Mission Impossible over serious classics like Full Metal Jacket, I guess you'll find Turn A's story lame and Wing's story amazing. It's all about different tastes.

wao 2004-11-25 09:28

Yoko Kanno music = win

But that doesn't really say much does it, Arjuna had Yoko Kanno music and wasn't all that win...

K'9999 2004-11-25 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpyonEmerald
I just watched the first ten episodes, And people have been telling that since I like Wing And Seed that I am an idiot and they are better for liking Turn a gunam, MS 08th team, Chars Counter Attck ect,

Turn a Gundam was Turn a Dumb,
Seriously, And its not bad graphics Gundam Wing had the same. It was everything, the episode was so lame, the story was so lame. I didn't care at all.

Help me find out, why Gundam Seed and Wing are looked down on. Just because they are populer doesn't make them any less good. But how could someone actually like Turn A Gundam? And why did Mwu have to die?

I think you need to watch all 50 episodes in order to determine if it is good (it was good in last few episodes). It is true that Turn A is different from any other Gundam series, but it is worth to watch. I don't know why you don't like it. If you determine whether a anime is good or bad just based on first few episodes, I think you don't like Last Exile, Get Backer and......
I can say somebody like you doesn't like Z, ZZ, Gundam, Char's, F91, and 0083 becausse they were done or aired in 1980s. None or their graphics can compare today's animes (Hikaru no Go, Naurto or SEED) I think you are that type of people (newcomer)

method 2004-11-25 12:35

Wouldn't that be Tomino fanboys? Since UC would imply that they love only UC related gundam properties.

How could you say that Wing and Turn A have the same graphics?

Another reason for the hatred of Wing was the early fans of Wing. They descended upon message boards screaming the greatness of Wing and berating the other series for not being like Wing.

K'9999 2004-11-25 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by method
Wouldn't that be Tomino fanboys? Since UC would imply that they love only UC related gundam properties.

How could you say that Wing and Turn A have the same graphics?

Another reason for the hatred of Wing was the early fans of Wing. They descended upon message boards screaming the greatness of Wing and berating the other series for not being like Wing.

Good point! Some stupids don't understand, they only love new Gudam such as Wing, SEED, and SEED Destiny. That's all. They don't like Z, ZZ, Gundam, 0083, 0080, and Char's Counterattack. How sad!

Yuiichi 2004-11-25 13:04

I dislike Turn-A-Gundam, not because of the animation (which does seem a bit dated), not because of the characters, but because of the story.

The story is just too slow moving, and the thought that humans had actually degressed annoyed me. But, i muddled throught the first 6 episodes, and was utterly dissapointed with what i saw. The characters were the only thing that kept me watching, the character development was acutally pretty good.

I must say, i do like Wing a lot better, but i saw Wing when i was more of a "child". I thought that wing was for an older audience because of the politics and the themes in the story, but thinking back on it, the things that they showed in wing was deffinately more action oriented, therefore better for kids. And the fact that they showed it on YTV (in Canada) shows that it's more for children as well.

Unfortunately, Turn-A did dissapoint. I am going to watch SEED Destiny, and hope for more Gundam-y goodness, such as the original Mobile Suit Gundam (my personal favourite series).

[UKE]Auel 2004-11-25 13:05

I can agree that Turn-A Gundam is really lame. I mean, I came into it looking for a good Tomino-style story, and what I found was crap. It is very much the worst Gundam series ever aside from, of course, G-Saviour. I really don't even see how hardcore UC fans can defend this, since it ties in what they despise most, the AU timeline to their beloved UC timeline. The "It's all one universe" crap just doesn't fly with me. I like my AUs AU, and my UCs UC. And yes I spoiled it, but I don't really care, since the series was crap anyway and everyone should avoid it. I have lost respect for Tomino after watching it. :(

Realist_Classic 2004-11-25 13:08

To each their own, but I would give it another few episodes. If it still doesn't fit your bill, then well, you just don't have good taste! (...I kid, I kid).

But judging an entire fifty episode series just by the first 10 episodes is somewhat short-sighted. Seed took a good twenty-thirty to build up and didn't really start to get good until the latter quarter. Turn A's backstory is epic, and the cast of characters is extensive. It's not your typical Gundam show, but it definitely has style.

I also appreciate it because only Tomino had the balls to experiment (after all, he did create Gundam) on the eve of Gundam's 20th anniversary. It failed market-wise, but it was an original take on the franchise nonetheless.

dreamless 2004-11-25 13:14

well, Turn A must be the most controversial Gundam series, the mecha design, the animation, the unorthodoxical story and characters... I think it's shown in this thread too, people who love Turn A really love it, people who hate Turn A absolutely hate it. well, I'll just call it a matter of tastes, and people are all different on this.

K'9999 2004-11-25 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamless
well, Turn A must be the most controversial Gundam series, the mecha design, the animation, the unorthodoxical story and characters... I think it's shown in this thread too, people who love Turn A really love it, people who hate Turn A absolutely hate it. well, I'll just call it a matter of tastes, and people are all different on this.

Correct! It is beautiful because you love it. It is ugly because you hate it. Some people actually don't like SEED Destiny! Can you believe that?

[UKE]Auel 2004-11-25 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by K'9999
Correct! It is beautiful because you love it. It is ugly because you hate it. Some people actually don't like SEED Destiny! Can you believe that?

UC "elitists" hating an AU series? No...that's impossible! /sarcasm

It's sad that people would just throw away an AU series just because it's not a UC series or made by Tomino. God forbid a better Gundam story arise that's not either of the two. :uhoh:

K'9999 2004-11-25 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by [UKE]Auel
UC "elitists" hating an AU series? No...that's impossible! /sarcasm

It's sad that people would just throw away an AU series just because it's not a UC series or made by Tomino. God forbid a better Gundam story arise that's not either of the two. :uhoh:

Are you a member of SEED Fansub or UKE?

[UKE]Auel 2004-11-25 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by K'9999
Are you a member of SEED Fansub or UKE?

Uke gave up fansubing, since everyone pretty much was too busy. And notice it says SEEDling Fansubs not SEED Fansubs. Very big difference there.

HK anime seeker 2004-11-25 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaat
Because of UC fanboys.

He didn't

He is dead. He got nuked.

jonli 2004-11-26 05:37

Awwww...Turn A is my favourite series. It gave me a whole new perspective on Gundam. Everything was revolutionary in the series.

I must say Turn A contributes a lot to the Gundam franchise...helped it to evolve and grow. Gives old fans a new look to Gundam and telling the new fans that Gundam isnt always the same.

I suggest you to watch Mobile Suit Gundam and Z then watch Turn A.

The recent Gundam series are interesting as well. Although I actually hated Seed because the plot moved like a slug...the characters dont appeal to me and the story is a rehash of MSG. Then at the last quarter SEED grew on me...and I just have to watch what happens.

Then boom, here comes Destiny, so far so good. Probably going to be my second favourite :)

EpyonEmerald 2004-11-26 08:31

That's exactly why I made this post, Because I like Seed and Wing I am a new comer? You are arrogent to call anyone a newbie unless you know their history.

Reality Check Turn A Gundam and Wing were made in the same decade.

10 of 50 episodes is actually a very good percent, Thats like reading 10 chapters of a 50 chapter book,

Finally, Childish ideas on Gundam Wing? I never thought I would hear such rubbish from this community, Simple? Yes, But then again the things in life which our simple are understood by the mass. Not that it means its better, Gundam Wing Touch's on a lot of different subjects, most of them not child like. For those of you who do not like Gundam Seed, Welcome to the future. It's like when I tell people I don't like gay people, They scream your homophobic! And I simply say, more people are on my side then on yours. It ends the conversation. Seed IS the future of Gundam. It was obvious when it came out, and it is obvious now that they are making a second season. Don't like it? Go put some black make up on and become gothic. Maybe then someone will call you different, Then again, if you are being different for the sake of being different you are not different are you? Or you could kill yourself and write a suicide note saying that you did it because Gundam Seed was taking over, maybe they would listen.

I think Traize put it best when he said, "Just think your death could have that much power"

dreamless 2004-11-26 10:29

fighting a world war and killing millions for the sole purpose that people can learn that war is horrible and stop waging wars is childish. We have two world wars that killed millions already, have people learned to stop waging wars? obviously not. And fighting enemies in a war without any killing? These ideas are not simple. They are just naive and ridiculous. Which I call childish. IMHO anyone except little children will find these ideas at best worth a good laugh. But then maybe you see it differently, then please elaborate your view on Wing's ideas.

people are different from each other, if you can't accept this fact, and think differences in people are bad, that everyone should think alike, that having different opinions is wrong, then you may well go join the Borg :heh: