AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Lucky Star (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Lucky Star - Episode 14 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=50649)

Pellissier 2007-07-07 23:49

Lucky Star - Episode 14 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Lucky Star, Episode 14.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Arisa-M 2007-07-08 11:41

Yutaka is just so goddamn cute. ;_;

DJ_RockmanX 2007-07-08 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arisa-M (Post 1032477)

WARNING: INCOMING LOLI. BRACE FOR IMPACT.

TnAdct1 2007-07-08 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arisa-M (Post 1032477)

I had a feeling that Yutaka's first prelim match at Saimoe should have been saved for today instead of yesterday.

Klashikari 2007-07-08 12:24

Holy cow... now THAT is moe *jaw drops*

Does anyone know how Hasegawa Shizuka sound like for Yutaka voice? ^^ (i don't think she will sound like Yukino in Nagasarete airantou)

moyism 2007-07-08 12:42

^ er... she pretty much does sound like Yukino, just a little bit less high-pitched.

Minori Chihara had about hmm... 3-5 lines this episode, not including the next ep preview section. Pretty Yuki-ish but not as monotone I guess?

And yea... another Minoru Shiraishi live ED with him singing Hare Hare ^^;;

kingsky123 2007-07-08 12:43

wow.. she 1 year younger then konata only? she looks like .. 5?

DJ_RockmanX 2007-07-08 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by moyism (Post 1032570)
And yea... another Minoru Shiraishi live ED with him singing Hare Hare ^^;;

I might just check out the raw because of this.

Kaoru Chujo 2007-07-08 13:51

Oh, man, that was great. My second ten. The arrival of Yutaka, and Konata's thoughts and reactions. Yui is even more nuts. Konata feeling the onee-san pressure of an admiring imouto and expressing her sympathy for Kagami, who can't figure out what she's talking about. The brief appearance of Chihara Minori doing Nagato Yuki's voice again. Great outfits here between school years. And just top-notch animation of the movements and expressions.

Yutaka is played by Hasegawa Shizuka, who has been in show business since she was about two, as a model and in commercials, and was in Tenshi no Shippo with Hirano Aya, when she was 13 and Aaya was 14. She did a good job as Akane in the recent and underrated Rocket Girls. Her voice here is a bit like that one. Very moe. I haven't seen her in Nagasarete Airandou.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1293/p65798or4.jpg

And after a few seconds of wtf, I found the ED brilliantly funny. By the way, I think Yutaka is small because she's sickly. One more note: next week's broadcast at 1 am instead of midnight.

ZGMF-X10A 2007-07-08 14:18

wow Sebastian's sing in ep14 ED is horrible... wtf is with the fighting along with it

Konata-chan 2007-07-08 14:30

It really sucks not knowing any Japanese because most if not all of the humor is based on the dialogue. I can't rate until the subs are out, but here are my first impressions.

-We really see how loaded Miyuki is compared to Konata and Kagami/Tsukasa. Just take a look at the house. Considering how land space is here in the US, it looks pretty much like a Western house.

-Yutaka seems okay, I guess. I look forward to the Nagat-, I mean Iwasaki Minami and her relation with Yutaka. Gotta love the implied yuri.

-Once I see Yutaka's class really show itself, I'm afraid that we'll see less of Konata and her friends. Kagami Yoshimizu should have started them out as first years :( I was also just starting to like Kagami too, she and Konata really do make the first half of the show. If Yutaka and Minami could do the same, then I would be better off.

-SHIRAISHI MINORU DOING HARE HARE YUKAI FTW! But he did the 2nd half of the song. I really do look forward to "Shiraishi Minoru's Hits" just as much as the Karaoke CD that I'm listening to right now.

Nemo_N 2007-07-08 15:24

Yep, mostly conversations, which makes it impossible for me to rate it yet.

However, Yutaka is quite cute; she sounds like a more polite, shy Yukino (Nagasarete). Minami sounds more like quiet-gentle rather than quiet-emotionless.

I thought I wasn't going to like another Shiraishi ED, but this one was quite fun. Did anyone noticed how the continue counter went faster, as if the player was pushing all buttons at once because he really didn't want to play anymore? :heh:

My only complaint is that I would rather have the karaoke box back :(.

BTW:
Spoiler for God Knows Haruhi:

Dark Wing 2007-07-08 15:44

:eyespin:*Falls over and seashores form cuteness over load*:eyespin:

pomps 2007-07-08 16:01

This episode is great, almost perfect, Yutaka, Minami and Tsukasa :3. But still I cannot find the ED funny, at all.

Luminisk 2007-07-08 16:50

This episode is just too much; between Yutaka and the ED its too much to be contained.

Thumbs up :heh:

Spoiler for Nintendo DS:

Mirrinus 2007-07-08 17:09

After reading RandomC's entry on this episode and viewing the screenshots, I must say: I'm willing to bet that Yutaka's flag will be triggered before Kagami's.

This show could definitely make do with a Chiyo-like character.

Deathkillz 2007-07-08 17:38

WTH...feels like im watching moetan already :heh:

kj1980 2007-07-08 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminisk (Post 1032948)
I didn't know you can have cooking instructions on a DS.
http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/4...9464tw5.th.jpg

It's from a Nintendo DS soft called Shaberu! DS Oryouri Navi It's a pretty detailed game which shows you all the details from approximating how many kcal it is to the level of difficulty of making the food. You can watch a sample of it in action by watching this movie: http://touch-ds.jp/mfs/ryori/intro.html

CrowKenobi 2007-07-08 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemo_N (Post 1032818)
BTW:
Spoiler for God Knows Haruhi:

Not only that, but that particular Haruhi figure is the famous one made by Bubba! :D

http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/3...2cp4ek0.th.jpg

:cool:

I wonder if Konata actually assembled that kit herself? ;)

QBnoYouko 2007-07-08 19:47

HAHAHA!!! Who Wants To Be A Millionaire!!!

What was that whole thing with Yui at the end?