AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   .hack//LINK (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=81346)

Dark Wing 2009-05-06 12:50

.hack//LINK

http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_link2/index.html

.hack//LINK is an Action Role-Playing game, developed by CyberConnect 2 and published by Bandai Namco Games, scheduled to be released in 2009.

You'll be able to team up with over 100 characters from the past .hack series.

So anyone here besides me going to get this?

Nabiki Asakura 2009-05-06 16:23

Is that for real?Oh my, my friends said that G.U was the last one of all hack//games, I'm so happy *o*

Elvin 2009-05-06 18:11

Gah, PSP :(

aesthetic 2009-05-06 18:37

OMG another .hack game!! i'm sooooo excited!! what platform?

denice25 2009-05-06 21:34

thanks for the info...

Von Himmel 2009-05-07 05:57

I'm going to get it if they're going to localize it :(
I find it hard to understand Japanese language for this game orz.

MeganeShounen 2009-05-07 06:58

Gonna get this the moment it flies off the presses, figuratively.

The appeal of meeting everyone from SIGN to the IMOQ characters to the GU characters is simply too good to pass up on. It's a pity that parties ingame won't be as large as the former games, but it IS on the PSP.

Teaming up with either Kite, Haseo, Azure Kite or Ovan sounds interesting, to say the least.

5cm.per.second 2009-05-07 14:05

it sounds cool, but it makes you wonder why don't they just make an actual mmorpg based on dot hack. if they're still making dot hack games then that's the kind i want

Dark Wing 2009-05-07 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5cm.per.second (Post 2382726)
it sounds cool, but it makes you wonder why don't they just make an actual mmorpg based on dot hack. if they're still making dot hack games then that's the kind i want

Actually Bandai Namco tried to make one over in Japan but it flopped so they canceled the project.

Leon_Lelouch 2009-05-08 02:22

fiuh...I'm relieved that I still have my PSP...:D
I saw Haseo in this game...but why is he still in 1st form....:(
I had played it until I got the Xth form so why does he must back to 1st form again...:p
or it won't be connected to the G.U series at all?

MeganeShounen 2009-05-08 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch (Post 2383552)
fiuh...I'm relieved that I still have my PSP...:D
I saw Haseo in this game...but why is he still in 1st form....:(
I had played it until I got the Xth form so why does he must back to 1st form again...:p
or it won't be connected to the G.U series at all?

If you don't mind being semi-spoiled on the early parts of the .hack//LINK story, there's the manga. A few chapters have been translated...
Spoiler for LINK plot details, according to the manga so far:

Nvis 2009-12-18 20:36

I came when I saw some of the artwork of the characters.

Especially Midori and her Xth Form. :bow:

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2...kmidori.th.jpg

mageormike 2009-12-19 02:06

the music in the trailer combined with the new art style turned me off for a bit, I will admit. But the more I see of the game the more it begins to pull me back in ^_^;;

And it IS supposed to be the final chapter in the series. Since I got my psp recently too I really don't have a reason not to purchase now.

digi.amuro 2010-12-29 15:00

We over at dothackers are starting a campaign to get NamcoBandai to localize .hack//LINK, so if anyone is interested in supporting the cause, see what you can do by clicking the link in my signature.

Kyero Fox 2010-12-29 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by digi.amuro (Post 3413538)
We over at dothackers are starting a campaign to get NamcoBandai to localize .hack//LINK, so if anyone is interested in supporting the cause, see what you can do by clicking the link in my signature.

lol dothackers.net? :heh: nice bunch of people there :rolleyes:

RRW 2010-12-29 16:52

seem kinda hopeless consider that namco bandai try to pull itself form western market.

however i have a plan try to join force with tales fan and make petition to localize they game

digi.amuro 2010-12-29 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrw (Post 3413670)
seem kinda hopeless consider that namco bandai try to pull itself form western market.

however i have a plan try to join force with tales fan and make petition to localize they game

Wow, I'd heard they gave up on their western approach to games here and would go back to relying on their Japanese releases, but it hadn't occurred to me they might completely pull out of the American market, if that's what you are implying.

As far as joining up with Tales fans, it as something suggested during preparations for the campaign since Tales fans have been shafted for years, but I don't know what they decided to do in regards to that. I think that'd be an awesome idea though, joining forces with other groups under the JRPG flag.

Otsdarva 2010-12-30 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by digi.amuro (Post 3413927)
As far as joining up with Tales fans, it as something suggested during preparations for the campaign since Tales fans have been shafted for years, but I don't know what they decided to do in regards to that. I think that'd be an awesome idea though, joining forces with other groups under the JRPG flag.

It isn't and wouldn't be a bad idea to just campaign JRPG games in general. It'd be a longer stretch though and unity doesn't necessarily make up for it. I've been a tales fan since Symphonia, and I've been increasingly aware Namco Bandai simply doesn't care about the Western audience.

Von Himmel 2010-12-31 03:01

Let's just hope that namco bandai will get their money first before localizing this game :(

digi.amuro 2010-12-31 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cello (Post 3414286)
It isn't and wouldn't be a bad idea to just campaign JRPG games in general. It'd be a longer stretch though and unity doesn't necessarily make up for it. I've been a tales fan since Symphonia, and I've been increasingly aware Namco Bandai simply doesn't care about the Western audience.

While I think the case with the Tales series is completely valid, I believe atm they care a little too much about the Western audience now.

I'm not gonna get into the long drawn out rant about the industry [I was], but I'm sure we all know what the bottom line is. They're businessmen looking to profit and will do what they think will lead to that profit. Maybe if we beat them over the head with it, they'll get it, haha!

In the meantime, I'd like to at least say I tried to do something, even if it's fruitless.