AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Durarara!! - Manga Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=91643)

White Manju Bun 2010-02-21 15:13

Durarara!! - Manga Discussion

This thread is for the discussion of the Durarara!! manga.

Please discuss the manga not the anime or the novels.
Please use Spoiler Tags wisely.

Have fun. :)

Kanon 2010-03-23 14:07

Bumping this since I've just seen the raw for chapter 10 is out. And since it's mostly an Anri focused chapter, I just have to post about it ! :p

First off, she looks so cute in that cover <3 . Mikado "bukkaking" her cracked me up (you'll see). I also like how the mangaka portrayed Mika's story. The chapter also covers Namie's backstory, and it's more "graphic" than in the anime. Some people here are going to love that scene :p

There's also a short comic at the end about the seiyuu of the show, I think. I'm curious to see that translated, it looks pretty funny.

SageGaiGar 2010-03-23 14:17

Actually just located a scanlation of ch10. Should be going up in the usual spots soon I'd guess

Kanon 2010-03-23 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by SageGaiGar (Post 2969414)
Actually just located a scanlation of ch10. Should be going up in the usual spots soon I'd guess

Yeah, I saw it right after I posted :heh:
They didn't see the comic I talked about included with it though, that's what interested me the most since I more or less already guessed the dialogues of the chapter from the anime.

Dia 2010-05-19 10:05

the drrr manga was affected by the news of mangahelpers and rawparadise???

Renchan 2010-05-20 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dia (Post 3054907)
the drrr manga was affected by the news of mangahelpers and rawparadise???

Supposedly, not. the other titles that runs in the same magazine as DRRR!! still come in time. It's just the scanlation group a biiiiit slow (not really late tho).

balolmeep 2010-05-23 23:32

Anyone got any idea when more chapters are coming out?

Kanon 2010-05-30 03:22

Chapter 12 is out now. The only thing new this time was Shizuo and Cely's discussion, I didn't know Simon was breaking up Izaya and Shizuo's fights even back when they were still in high school. And I think Mikado's ominous smile at the end wasn't in the anime either.

The seiyuu comic at the end was great. It depicts the recording session for episode 21, so it's a bit spoilerish. It looks like a great episode.

Iron Maw 2010-06-27 14:42

Just caught up on this after putting it on hold until the show was over. It really interesting to see how much the manga and contrast each other. The tone and atmosphere generally darker and edger and certain a lot of the characters are empathized more.

Notable examples:

Namie- she's even more ruthless here and proactive with her brocon's tendencies.

Mikado- He's more mischievous and perceptive here than in the anime, hightlighted by he's now less than noble goal of saving Mika (he really just wanted meet Celty rather than helping Mika) and he immediately noticed that Celty's face was strange despite only looking at her from a glance for he first time.

Seiji & Mika- Seiji is a bit sympathetic here due to saving Mika and her being even more batshit here than both him and her anime counterpart. No concept of personal space at all even for a stalker, still they both nuts.

Erika & Walker- Slightly more disturbing here, but not by much.

Anri- So, far she's more or, less the same. We got to get to her arc to see how much she's really changed.

Masaomi- Ditto for him.

Looking forward to how the manga handles the climax and later arcs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 3070319)
Chapter 12 is out now. The only thing new this time was Shizuo and Cely's discussion, I didn't know Simon was breaking up Izaya and Shizuo's fights even back when they were still in high school. And I think Mikado's ominous smile at the end wasn't in the anime either.

Yeah that was nice, but I prefer anime's episode 3 overall, Shizuo street sign is rather tame compare to him punching a guy out of his clothes. :heh: I do love how Izaya casually slips under both Simon and Shizup though.

LKK 2011-07-22 22:05

Yen Press announced at SDCC that it licensed the Durarara!! manga. [Source]

Iron Maw 2011-07-26 15:02

Damn, while Manga is nice I would much prefer the novels to come over especially to see how the anime compared with it.

keri 2011-07-26 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Maw (Post 3704656)
Damn, while Manga is nice I would much prefer the novels to come over especially to see how the anime compared with it.

YenPress say they have some light novel licensing in the works, but it's too early to announce. If we're lucky, they'll do the DRRR!! light novel, too, and it's just taking longer to get it.