View Single Post
Old 2007-09-23, 02:29   Link #26
s[H]sIkuA
Drill Drill Drill

Well everyone have their own opinion, which can be completely different from bad to the best anime of 2007

And here comes my view on Lucky Star

Animation ( 7/10 ) : Nothing really special but the character are well drawn nonetheless. Most of the times the character is just doing discussion and talking so its acceptable to have little to no great animation. The anime tenchou part is something different though and IMHO it can be consider okay

Voice Actors ( 10/10 ) : Without the cast, I don't think it will be this lively and funny. Aya Hirano is one of my favourite (if not the most fav) VA as of now. In here we also see the VAs of Kagami , Patricia , Misao , Tsukasa , Shiraishi, Akira really fitting for each of their character and makes the show lively and funny.

Script ( 8/10 ) : Not perfect but to me , who likes comedy and enjoys Azu, Fumoffu, SR and a few others, it is very good. Although I won't see the comedy the same way I see it from School Rumble and Fumoffu though , as what funny in Lucky Star is not based on the action but their emotion / voice , not those action-type School Rumble type kind of jokes.

Rewatch level ( 99/10 ) I cant get enough of Lucky Star and its just one of the few anime (not one anime that come close to this besides Azu or SR , which I still consider LS to be one of the most rewatchable anime as of now) that I can go and pick on any episode and start watching and enjoy at the same time. It is something that I look forward to enjoy when I am not in the mood to start a new series or busy with work and need to take some short break.

Emotional Involvement (10/10) : This is pretty subjective but having watched Haruhi before this series (and I consider TMoSH as one of the best anime) , I really like Lucky Star, alot and end up finding more about it like whos the VA for each of the character and such, especially the VA for Kagamin and Tsukasa .

Lucky Star also proof something that I am not well aware of for a long time, Kyoto Animation really rocks, I am a person who don't research much on an anime production team or whatsoever and not really care about it until I watch LS. And I found out that they are the one who did FMP / Haruhi and makes me want to start watching some of the other anime they produced (Kanon, Air, and the upcoming Clannad)

Overall (10/10) : Yes you can say its not perfect but this is my opinion, I am one of the many I think who thinks this is the best anime of 2007 (even before watching the upcoming fall anime) and I don't think my view is gonna change either. I like to laugh and Lucky Star provide me with alot of moment to do that. Bravo Kyo Ani for bringing this anime and special thanks to Aya Hirano that IMHO, a perfect VA for Konata. Well maybe theres some other who can do Konata but for me, her voice for Konata is what I like the most in the entire anime (follow by the Konata - Kagami relation and others )
s[H]sIkuA is offline   Reply With Quote