View Single Post
Old 2007-10-01, 09:44   Link #216
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
I actually strongly disagree with that proposition. Granted, it wasn't the most common thing in the world ten years ago. But the cartridge system was only so uh, unknown to Midchildra that Bardiche and Raging Heart instantly named the cartridge system by standardized designation. It was a standardized part, which was instantaneously delivered and installed.

Then Teana and Subaru managed to have cartridge systems in homebuilts.

Ten years later, they are issued to rookies ... in some very select units. Even the regular neo-Belka spears issued as standard armament to neo-Belkan users don't seem to have it. The technology never seemed to be that uncommon, almost available to the asking, only their deployment in TSAB units is lacking.
It's just one part of a line, but according to the A's DVD1 booklet, the Belkan Cartridge System is "currently, almost never used." (Belka Style Cartridge System article)
"現在はほとんど使われていない。"
As for how the devices and Amy could find the number designation, I'll bet at the very least Midchilda has something equivalent to the internet, and barring that, they're practically right next door to the Infinite Library.

Of course, there's still the matter of Revolver Knuckle, which was in use when Subaru was still young. I don't recall if there was a cartridge system installed in it in the flashbacks, but I doubt Subaru had the resources to customize it with such an advanced loading mechanism, compared to Tiana's custom cartridge system.