View Single Post
Old 2007-11-12, 21:43   Link #15748
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

And now, it is done! Franz's spell list and charecter theme!

Spoiler for Franz Jaeger spell list:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Yeah... make sure to keep a close on eye on her around here then that is just rife for abuse.
Abuse in what way? *curious* At the heart of it, all of us want to love and be loved...

Quote:
Just another reason to stay at the back and snipe. "One shot is all I need." course in a game that involves vehicles that one shot is liable to be an anti-tank missile...
BF2, eh? <.< It's fun when playing with people...i suck at flying though.

Quote:
Felix: How do these guys keep multiplying anyway spewing crap like this none of them should live long enough to have kids...
Pixy: Acutally if you notice most of them are orphans.
Felix: That is suspicious isn't it? Some kind of hot blooded kidnapping and brainwashing conspiracy perhaps?
Franz: Well, actually, I just use the hot blood because it makes life more fun... and there's probably a correlation to orphans and hot blood. Perhaps the lack of parents to inhibit the hot blood allows it to flow to the surface...just because I have hot blood doesn't mean I don't think about stuff.

Quote:
He dose have plenty of experience dealing with flying drones armed with lasers after all.
Hell yeah. :P And he's got that aura of badass.

Quote:
Well Hayate is debatable she befriended her by beating the hell out of her knights, indirect friendship through superior firepower, but still an example IMO.
I hadn't quite thought of that, but that's a very good point you make...

Quote:
The problem with that is it then becomes a punishment for them too if they have to watch him all the time...
Ivanovich has a "Sergeant Major Sense" that tingles when Franz starts surfing. It's one of those psychic things that veteran NCOs develop after a few decades.

Quote:
Yep there's no such thing as too much fire support.
The Marines would agree, and so do I ^_^

Quote:
I like to think I'm not out of control I give at least as many passes as I do "no go!", and I tend to be most critical in the planning phase as that's the time to be honest and fix stuff not try to retcon later.
You're doing a damn fine job, so keep it up, and don't worry! Believe in yourself!

Quote:
I can take of leave Weber some of his stuff is okay some of it reads like right wing pro-military masturbation, and that's coming from a right wing militray supporter, also his Honor Harrington series has gone to shit as she's now a TOTAL Mary Sue, the first book or two was tolerable (though even they had clichéd aspects the evil would be rapist noble out to get her made me role my eyes), but now it's just brain rotting.

Ringo suffers from some of that AND a fairly common lack of scientific knowledge (Weber isn't much better his original weight for his dreadnoughts gave them a density of Styrofoam) I think I've mentioned it before, but he has "grav guns" (a stupid concept to begin with) that fire slugs at like 50% of light speed... inside the atmosphere, oh also these slugs can be stopped by like 20 inches of sand bags; stuff like this really makes me want to beat him with the clue stick. We also again get a punch of bullshit about how only the military has a clue. Plus they come up with like 50 thousand excuse about why they didn't just mass tens of thousands of nukes and end the invasion before it begans by turning the landing sites into glowing craters, instead of trying to reinvent the fucking Phalanx and fight the Polseen in open combat.
I agree that the later Honorverse books get a bit tiring... at this point, what I really want is for a series focused on Scotty and Harkness. <.< Because those two are a riot. I actually thought about adding Harkness in, but decided against it.

I'm not a fan of Ringo's Posleen books; I liked the March books much better. Admittedly he's not so good with the science; i tend to look more at the charecter interactions... still, his most recent work, Vorpal Blade, is pretty science-heavy, since he co-wrote it with a NASA Physics PHD dude... but yes, why the fuck didn't they just nuke the Posleen?

Quote:
Na Nids are justed as or more hax, and hand waving too most “bio weapons” type species are though. Reps at least used real tech Nids use hand waving nonsense to explain how they can somehow do anything besides die horribly to tech based races. I acutally dislike Nids, Zerg, Aliens, etc in general as they’re often stupid, illogical, and they’d never work.

This quote about sums my view of them up:
Spoiler for View point:
Lol! Why is it that most people seem to be afraid of bio-organic races?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Although she's trying to get that love in quite a forceful manner
Haha, yes. I did say she was a tsunderekko... her image song is God KNows...

Quote:
Smith: We are of the same fiery blood that flows with COURAGE!!!
Wesson: The same burning heart that beats with PASSION!!!

S&W: THE SAME BLAZING BROTHERLY SPIRIT OVERFLOWING WITH MANLINESS!!!
Franz: "Smith! Wesson! Indeed, the true spirit of men is in you! So long as your hearts remain resolute, your power will be infinite! WHO DO THEY THINK WE ARE?!

Quote:
What do you call Subaru then?
Subaru. In all honesty, I'd forgotten about her hot blood.

Quote:
CADIANS!!!!

WHAT IS OUR PROFESSION?!?!?!

TO KILL CHAOS! AS ONE MAN, WE STAND AND DIE FOR THE GOD-EMPEROR!!!

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2007-11-17 at 02:13.