View Single Post
Old 2008-01-07, 19:13   Link #149
Hypertaost
I misspelled, it's toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
C. Ryukishi's art work maybe annoying at first, but strangely it begins to grow upon you until you come to accept that Higurashi (or Umineko) isn't Higurashi (or Umineko) without Ryukishi's artwork wwwww
Yes I agree with that fact. Somehow They just kind of grab a hold of you. The only problem is that I like all the character designs besides Maria's face and Roza's hair. It's like watching one of Hayao Miyazaki's films. I love his stories and the music is soooo gorgeous and the animation is slick and really good, but the way the character's faces look just dosen't appeal to me. I'm a fan of big dewey eyes XD, that's just the way I am. This is one of the reasons that I love the Motion Graphics so much because you can see the characters is a diffrent way with them presented in a way that really appeals to me. Besides, since this IS a sound novel after all, I guess a little complaint by someone who loves shoujo art should be okay right? I mean, I do like the characters and the way the story builds them and Ryukishi's clothing designs really appeal to me, but I just don't like Maria's face....

Last edited by Hypertaost; 2008-01-07 at 19:55.