View Single Post
Old 2008-01-24, 22:22   Link #1008
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

LOL, I didn't know it was so easy to piss off people in this thread. Why did you all jump at Vash002? Sure, the titles he/she mentioned are more fir for an "overrated anime" thread but for the life of me I can't fathom why anyone should be bothered that some random guy doesn't like the same things as the majority of people on AS. That said, I am curious whether Vash002 will bother to state his reasons for branding all these series as the worst.
Quote:
You're probably a teenager trying to pass off as smart considering your enjoyment of exploitative garbage such as Code Geass or Higurashi...
Yes, we all know that having taste for "mature" anime is a real benchmark for coolness and being smart and that's why everyone pretends liking whatever is considered "deep". Or not? Plus, Code Geass and Higurashi are just a bit less mainstream than Naruto, it's not as if they are unknown gems that snobs can boast with.

Quote:
You may not like bittersweet dramas, but at least the execution is brilliant enough to not be named "worst" no matter how unpalatable you find the content.
What if it is so unpalatable that one has to stop watching before the third episode (as it happened to me with Kanon)? And I love bittersweet dramas, mind you.