Thread: Licensed Bamboo Blade
View Single Post
Old 2008-02-14, 18:21   Link #920
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boohahaha View Post
Oh dear oh dear, why have you just re-in forced what I mentioned in my previous post about you taking a rest? At least Thohell knew what my post was about and attempted to answer my question with a degree of logic.
You what? You really thank that there is no logic in not expecting for Tama to not find any good challengers in a high school club or competition? Logically I would have thought you would have at least mentioned she could have gained skill and insight by being able to experience competitions which she may not yet have tried (since that seems to be her first award), or gain skills in teaching her fellow students.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boohahaha View Post
Anyway, in the case of females competiting with males in sports? My answer is.. NO. It is simple, Males simply overpower females the majority of the time. Tennis, Soccer, Basketball, Golf, Badminton, Table Tennis, Volleyball, Hockey..etc. If you have played golf you will know what I mean, and you only have to look at Michelle Wie to see the evidence. It is not disrespecting females, but rather respecting the differences to bring about fairness.
Isn't this dependant on the sport? Some sports strength is more important, take golf for example. Others like fencing speed and skill is far more important. I guess basically if we take this to bamboo blade, do you think that kendo is a sport of brute strength, a sport of skill, or a balance between the two that still dictates that men should be separated from women?

@ThoHell - Outside the ring I would take down and control. If I need to take it any further I would warn a few times and incapacitate. That is man or woman. Inside the ring I would also not discriminate, it is kinda disrespectful and if I wasn't prepared to fight them I would have left the club or competition.

@Boohahaha - You might be confused in thinking that I was just responding to you only, but I was also responding to ReddyRedWolf. I guessed I could have quoted better, but hey I would have thought you being so witty and logical you would have spotted that

Last edited by grey_moon; 2008-02-14 at 18:42.
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote