View Single Post
Old 2008-02-17, 17:35   Link #22
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I can see what you mean But your tactics will change a bit in hard mode ..in normal i also used to run all over the place, but in hard it requires you to have a rather solid formation ... you don't want your characters surrounded, trust me. And the AI smartens up as well: if you leave Eruruu within whacking range, be sure she will get some spanking. All the more reason to keep your formation relatively without holes
I always suround or block enemy routes as quickly as possible, even in normal mode. I generally avoid holes and use the 'let the enemy come to you' aproach wherever its feasible (if the enemy is scattered, that is not one of those times). Rarely do the fast characters get to run their full distance (the only time this happens is when they need to regroup after just butchering some scattered enemies)

Quote:
If you noticed my post in the other game discussion thread, the H scenes were my main complaint. I have nothing against them generally, but dear lord - the ones in Utawa are scarily pointless and dumb. Doesn't affect anyone any way and no relationship developments come from it. Eruruu would have gone yandere by the end of the story if the writer would have actually bothered to think about any impact sleeping around with everyone might have, instead of only inserting the scenes when the rest of the story seems to have been finished already.
Options would have been nice too. The way Uta is build, its not so much an option of 'what do I choose' but more 'when do I go there'

Quote:
Aruruu is a tank, not a damage dealer
Then she should re-spec furry. Seems to work wonders for Touka.

Quote:
For what it is worth, i would say the anime did a good job on improving the otherwise less than impressive game of Utawa. (not related to the scene in question, but in general in terms of explanations, pacing and battle/peace balance). I find the anime superior in every aspect. (i could wish for better animation, but heh - thats another kettle of fish).
Yes, the mishmash of sub-storylines, character relations and development is very scattered in the game. Th bridge scene is somewhat of a pity, but I can understand the choice. The shift from drama to comedy would have derailed the tension the anime had been building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Onion View Post
In most missions that are actually challenging. ('Mask' for example.) It's much better to flank them and kill them off one-by-one. In these situations, casters long range and non-direct attacks are useful.

But yeah, the move or cast rule is pretty bad
I always suround and kill one by one, though recently my key characters have become perfectly capable of bashing skulls on their own. 960 BP for Touka after Yue's dead, you go girl!

Quote:
I never really liked Oboro. When the game didn't force him to you, I found him overperformed by many other characters.
Durrr, of course he would! You never really trained him, so his stats were inferior to the others. He's my main hit-and-runner. Dashing in, killing annoying targets, then limp back to Eruruu for healing.

Ironically he's also the only guy I may accidentally lose when I'm screwing things up.

Quote:
I always had Doriy with me. After boosting his attack to 99 he ended up 1-hitting a boss with his finisher combo.
Touka does that on a general basis, lately.

Quote:
Glad they made OVA's of the 'Oboro barrier' and Touka doll scenes My favorites in the entire game. Althought the Touka scene did end half way through and you ended up feeling so bad for her
Which reminds me, I never got around to looking for the DVD specials...

Of to watch then.

Quote:
I am betting a cookie that Keroko will simply end up faceplaming at that scene. At least my desk had the dent in it severally deepened thanks to H scenes of Utawarerumono, which is about as low as pure, senseless fanservice can get in my opinion.
Most likely. Concidering the comedical bath scene, I can already see where this is going. It has to pull Touka OOC to even begin to work, and that's most likely what they'll do.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote