Thread: Da Capo
View Single Post
Old 2008-02-19, 16:02   Link #625
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
What I felt though was that they learned from this, as DCII was leaps and bounds better in terms of pacing. Just goes to prove that longer is not necessarily better; sometimes, one cour is all you need to tell a proper story.
Which is ironic, given that D.C. II is actually 2-cours, just split into two 1-cour chunks. But yeah, splitting it the way they did does have the side-effect making each half seem "tighter" (but it also means that they're saving the best for last! But that's another topic...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
Gnaaa I'm now at episode 11 and they are still only holding hands and watching videos.... give me a break, how old are those two.
Don't be mislead! It's very much a PG-13 adapation, so they're focusing more on the "pure love" aspects, but... it's pretty safe to say, Junichi did, in fact, make Nemu "a woman" in the first season, so to speak...

And hey, I liked the side stories. They were definitely weird and a bit out there, but were fun in their own way. Very unique. But if you really don't like them, you can always just skip them. In the end, though, I guess I could agree that the original D.C. story had content for 18 episodes as opposed to 26, and they just found a way to make it work. At the time, though, the idea that bishoujo game adaptation would get that many episodes was pretty unheard of (that's why they were selling it so strongly on the voice actor talent, and had those music videos in the first 6 episodes). So as I said last time we had an "epic revival" of this thread, you always have to remember the era a show was made in before you pass final judgement.