View Single Post
Old 2008-02-20, 16:05   Link #20227
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post

Clerics who follow the Light, yet "go anywhere and kill anything", "always kicking ass".

As always, DOES NOT COMPUTE for me.

Nice codex. But I'll be honest here. I personally do not like the Cleric-Knights much, since they are too good to be true. As with their History alone, you mention they are only ones suited for battling all these alien enemies, and stuff. I dont mind them being powerful (as they surely are), but making them the only ones is just too much. They seem way too perfect.

Haha, I guess what I dont like is "flawless" stuff.

Also, I wonder why the High Council will want to make use of Cleric Knights, since CKs are on the good side of the alignment spectrum. The High Council, as seen in StrikerS, is extremely corrupted. Instead of the CKs, I can see it using Scaglietti's Numbers or even a criminal organization. The Church using the Cleric Knights makes a lot of sense to me, but the High Council as well? The HC didnt even care for RF6, even though RF6 was practically created to protect it from any threat. Of course, the brains didnt think Scaglietti would betray them, but still. Maybe the High Council "does not mind" the existence of the Cleric Knights, and thus it doesnt interfere with their operations (since what the CKs are doing does benefit the HC anyways). The ones who actually care for anything are Carim and the Church, as we have seen in canon (they were the ones concerned with Midchilda's safety and everything). You probably dont need the Cleric Knights to be involved with the High Council at all.

To further my point, imagine that Kha takes orders from the High Council. The orders would be not to interfere with Scaglietti at all, without a reason given. I wonder if Kha and the Cleric Knights would listen to that? Hell, what would the Naaru say about this as well? I can actually see the Naaru telling Kha to get rid of the High Council, as its corruption is beyond salvation.

Just a thought.

Hey, wouldnt the last rank be "Grand Meister"?
I would think of the Codex, not so much reality as Propoganda.

1- "First in! Last Out! Kicking Ass! We are the GOOD GUYS! EVIL FEAR US!"

After all, who would want to send this job so someone advertising a lack of confidence?

2 - "Bound by red tape, we go in, we fight, we take casualties, win after some struggle... We have our flaws, we're only human... but we're the GOOD GUYS!"

Would you rather give the job to 1, or 2? Would you rather join 1, or 2?