View Single Post
Old 2008-02-27, 15:28   Link #74
Acacia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
She probably allowed Shin to enter her room so he can basically prove himself worthy; but Shin—from her point of view—was no different from any other pervert who is only curious to know a girl’s room. Her high hopes and Shin’s idiocy were a combination that blew up her patience in an otherwise nice situation. She expected something better from Shin as the line “You came in here just to tell me that,” has the word ‘frustration’ written from left to right. When he started the crap about the “creative power of sincerity,” it was clear to her that he was just making an excuse to stay more time in her room and when he said that she was the one who allowed him to enter, there was no doubt that he didn’t have any reason whatsoever to begin with.
While I agree that Hiromi basically gave Shin'ichiro an opening to get closer to her, I don't believe the cause of her disappointment after his admission was because of the thought of him only being curious of her room or even worse, Shin'ichiro being a pervert.

I honestly can't see why you'd think Hiromi would envision Shin'ichiro being a pervert when there haven't been any scenes up to now that would suggest to her to believe so (unless she could read minds in Ep.1). I don't think Hiromi let him in her room because she thought Shin'ichiro was curious and I don't think she thought he was purposely stalling while trying to reason her just to stay in her room.

Hiromi reached out to Shin'ichiro and let him tread on a sacred place to her, both her room and her heart. When she didn't get the result she was expecting, she cast Shin'ichiro out and his excuses fell on deaf ears. I'll agree with you there.

I interpret the translated quotes, “A nosy boy is a stupid one,” or “A meddlesome guy is like a fool,” as a result of her disappointment in Shin'ichiro forcing her to further her relationship with #4. Unless that line has been horribly mistranslated, I think interpreting those lines to believe Hiromi thought Shin'ichiro entered just to see her room is short-sighted.

As an afterthought, I'd imagine Hiromi would see that event as an intrusion at worst, but I don't think she'd label Shin'ichiro a pervert because of it.

I think the lack of clarity and contradictions regarding Hiromi's feelings causes us to overanalyze the small amount of evidence we do have.
Don't think too hard.
Acacia is offline   Reply With Quote