View Single Post
Old 2008-03-22, 16:11   Link #246
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Whew.... just discovered this a few days ago and finished episode 11 of this wonderful series and I must say, my heart is really aching for Noe right now. I think she's adorable and want to see the best for her. Regardless of how the romantic angle works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
I would refer back to episode 8...when she is alone with Noe...she says, "Do you really think that innocent face would capture Shin's feelings" in a somewhat confrontational/jealous voice though Noe was being friendly (an entirely uncalled for moment that I can't get over in order to sympathize with her character)...Now unless I'm forgetting something that happens either before or after this, that doesn't sound like the words of someone who believes that Noe's relationship is a complete farce like her and Jun.
I think Hiromi is reflecting some resentment about Shin's mother treating her the way she did earlier. The mom had said something equally bitter to her about her appearance and how she who could fool men with her looks, getting Shin to take her side. Hiromi caught herself right away and it looked to me like it was one of those "Oh crap, I'm just like her" moments that made her reflect a little on her own attitude and motivations.

Quote:
And then we get to the "Noe missing" scene in ep11....Why did she hesitate (with the jealous tinge) if she thought it was an absolutely false relationship?
And did she call Shin out of concern for Noe or because she just felt obligated to "do the right thing?" Or perhaps, fear that he would hear she had been asked to call him if she hadn't?

Quote:
....perhaps this is an anime convention I am not familiar with, but what do you expect a guy to do if his someone he knows very well has gone missing (and may have a part in her disappearance)? Refuse to look for her?
I think it's part of building the tension for the love rivalry. And I think it's fairly common. The guy hears of one of the girls in trouble, runs off to help her... most often out of a sense of genuine concern... and it's played as a cause of worry for the other girl/girls.

But, I agree. Regardless of where Shin is at with Hiromi, Noe is/was his "first girlfriend" as Aiko called her at the dance practice. He would certainly be worried about her, and having been so close to her would most likely be the one who would know where to look for her.

I'm on pins and needles now, waiting for the next episode. This has me more wound up than the ending of Clannad (which I'm holding out for the widescreen versions of to finish).

I think this series is very well done all around and has easily sucked me into the story heart and soul.