View Single Post
Old 2008-03-26, 17:12   Link #44
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebukitty View Post
Noe and her antics just make me smile!

Unlike the rest of the True Tears characters, what you see is what you get. She has no artifice, she says what she feels. I find her persona refreshing and endearing.

Because of losing the person she loved so much at a young age, she had to mature faster than others her age, but at the same time she retained that childlike innocence and optimism.

And when Noe loves, she loves with all of her heart. She always thinks of others before herself.
Honestly, I think your heart might be in the right place, but I don't think you've done her character justice with such a simple take.

Noe isn't all flowers and roses. She is emotionally underdeveloped largely due to the past incident but also Jun's meddling. I think she's struggling to deal with her emotions, but that is also what makes her compelling in some sense.

She's been stuck with a childlike mentality but is now struggling to rapidly reach adulthood, and I think she is genuinely pained by the fact that she can't understand her developing complex emotions such as true sadness and love, but I think she is even more fraught with the fact that she cannot understand those around her as well as she thought.

All of this is what makes Noe feel real; largely her struggle to attain adulthood is the story of True Tears in some sense. The journey is perhaps most difficult for her by far due to the additional burdens she carries.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote