View Single Post
Old 2008-03-28, 06:36   Link #1098
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
To you, maybe. But really, saying it is all magic is not "making sense of it", it is giving up all attempts to do the same. It is really, a little like burying your head under the sand - which I actually won't criticize, I tried really hard to bury my head for MGLN myself.
Animation doesn't always follow the laws of physics, you know this. Sometimes sitting back and saying 'it's magic' is simply the best thing to do. Yes, you can still try to explain it, but you can do so in a way that is far less complicated and headache inducing. Instead of "how did Fate survive getting thrown through concrete" "it's magic" you'd get "how did Fate survive getting thrown through concrete" "Her Barrier Jacket protected her"

Quote:
Actually, what clearly happened in the anime is that Fate survived a throw into concrete. In b/w there was smoke, and there are two theories for what happened in the smoke, one of which does not violate physics.
And yet your explanation relies on 'maybes' and 'what ifs' with no visible proof. Also, using your precious SoD, smoke means contact has been made, if we did not see a Defencer prior to contact, why should we asume there is one?

Quote:
Think about which one will be the explanation accepted if it happened in real life.
"There is no such thing as sound in space, but a silent space battle would make for a boring watch."

Laws of Animation take priority over Laws of Physics where animation is concerned. Things don't always have to be able to be accepted in real life. Do you watch a sci-fi movie and grumble about how its should not be possible for sounds to be heard?

Quote:
As for ferrets, search for what I said on them in this thread.
You mean the subspace thing? Not that I mind the theory, but how does that change anything? The mass is still going bye bye, not to mention that subspaces themselves scream 'violation'

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-03-28 at 06:48.