View Single Post
Old 2008-03-28, 15:49   Link #1050
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Speaking of the whole 'humanoid battroids built to combat giants' thing, you would think they could have built something like Gundams instead of having them transform all the time if they could have.
you know that makes sense, logically if you have come to the conclusion that you were going to face a race of giants, who has equipment that suggest that they possibility of hand-to-hand confrontation is a possible threat, then to match them you will have to at leased conceive of a technological aid, in the shape of some construct.

In my opinion i think the solution was answered in the battroid configuration.

we know that the humanoid walker system that was used by the UN Army was more or less conceived at the same time the Valkyries were designed.

actually some source seem to show that the battroid were constructed first, logically we have to consider they were constructed with hand-like limbs as well.

However, i think the valkyries were conceived to solve the problem when confronted in zero-gee environment, in that they can fight in a high speed battle, yet when they came to the immense capital ships they can inflitrate and act as Marines to board and attack from within.

This dual functionality only makes sense when you have ships of incredible size, as at the time they did not even know if the Macross gunship main weapons or any of the humans own weapons can destroy a zentradi capital ship of that size, so infiltration/boarding becomes a serious tactics.

however ever, if ships were of human size such as gundam like, then i think the valkyrie-to-battroid mode would never of been considered.

hell i don't think the humanoid form would ever of been considered at all.

in this regards, th idea of confronting large giant aliens make more sense for the mecha in Macross then the mecha in Gundam.

It just seems such a weak argument in my opinion, that Gundams reason for the humanoid form is better zero-gee battle performance, of a multi-limbed design, blah blah blah. really, that's a nice story but doesn't seriously seems to be that convincing compared to the alien giants.