View Single Post
Old 2008-04-21, 04:01   Link #1096
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
It's also worrying to me. At the end of SEED we were left with a similar situation - treaties were being formed and it seemed like there was going to be a bright future. SEED Destiny shifted forward by two or so years and presented us with a relatively outrageous set of villains and broke down the treaties just a bit too quickly, given the amount of conflict that had seemingly just occurred.

Gundam 00 probably won't shift forward in time again, given that the last episode shifts forward by four years already. While the alliance is pretty much newly formed and arguably vulnerable, who would interfere with it? It'd be a bit bland if Ribbons and the Innovators tried to take over the world outright - I can't say it'd be nonsense but it's been done quite a bit and seems a bit unsophisticated for what the series has already accomplished.

Very interesting, yes, but still somewhat worrying.
In real life the situation that occured in the end of SEED screamed bad directing. There is no way, even if some megasupercannon blows up one army will stop fighting. Its not like as if Lacus's voice is that powerful, shes already said the same lines what... more than 10 times throughout the series to all the armies without anyone listening. It seems like the feelings of the main character SOMEHOW affect everyone else telepathically.

00? The whole world has a reason to unite and they do it 5 eps before the conclusion, with a valid reason.
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote