View Single Post
Old 2008-04-24, 01:38   Link #277
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Oh he holds himself back from seeking happiness quite a lot, otherwise he wouldn't have a self-sacrificing nature now would he? Euphie, Shirely, Nunnally, a willingness to leave everything behind in order to protect his friends, placing himself in harms way over simply letting his subordinates handle things, it's a prevailing theme with him as far as I can tell... plus I listened to a Sound Episode where he was completely unaware that half his school and the lunch lady had a crush on him and that all he did was say it was troubling >_>
Hmm, the only one of those I can really see as Lelouch not seeking happiness is with Shirley. With Euphie and Nunally, basically, their happiness is his happiness (i.e. Lelouch is happy when Nunally is happy, and Euphie is happy when Nunally is happy so Lelouch is happy when Euphie is happy). I can't really see how Lelouch was giving up his own happiness for their sakes in those cases.

I agree that Lelouch is very self-sacrificing, to the extent that he will take on the burdens and sins of others. That doesn't really preclude pursuing his own happiness as well, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Ah, but to Lelouch, that would be manipulating his loved ones for his own benefit. And this is Lelouch after all, he couldn't even forgive himself for geassing Suzaku when it saved the latters life. >_>
:P Geass is absolute, so I can see why Lelouch would have some issues with using it to make someone he cared for do something. In terms of getting someone interested in you, though...like Krimson noted, half the school had a crush on Lelouch at some point, so he must have some special charisma. What's so manipulative about showing some of that charisma to his 'loved ones'? It's just revealing another side of himself. Besides, falling in love with Lelouch and then realizing that he loved her back would more likely than not make that 'loved one' happy, right? I don't think Lelouch has such low self-esteem that he would think a relationship with him would make a person unhappy...
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote