View Single Post
Old 2008-04-26, 18:05   Link #72
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krln99 View Post
Whereas human weapons do little to no damage against them. One shot of a very old Zentradi shoulder-fired cannon blows them into bits
Not quite. Mikael was picking off targets with his sniper rifle, and the small Vajra are not very resistant to human guns. Moreover, Mikael's sniper fire had no problems piercing through a larger Vajra, its just that one shot usually won't get the job done. Quran Quran's missile barrage also had little to no impact against the Vajra. And if not for the crack she had made on the Vajra's armor, perhaps Alto wouldn't be as successful even with that old Zent gun equipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
personally the more i watch episode 4, i think the idea of Quan Quan having a liquid plasma cannon isn't impossible, i mean the only specs we have is that the suit she's using only has an "impact" cannon, but those are from typical armament specs from 2017-18, largely historical.
It is highly possible Quran Quran (somebody tell me where Klan Klein came from please? It doesn't even sound Meltlandi) was using plasma weapons.

Unfortunately, no official source material ever indicated just what type of 'standard' weaponry were being utilized for the Zjentohlauedy/Meltlandi forces. Although one thing for sure, the Zents/Melts never relied on ballistic weaponry as much as humans do. Most of their weapons, save for missiles, are energy based.

UN SPACY did toy with certain aspects of Zent/Melt weapons. Most notably the YF-21, which had a rather similar configuration as the Queadluun-Rau. Then again, official materials did indicate that the YF-21 was influenced by the Queadluun-Rau.

Although most Zents tend to have excessive pride regarding their weaponry, and they rather not pilot a Valkyrie.

I don't think UN SPACY technology ever quite caught up.

- Tak (It would appear, I've somehow recovered my user name...)

Last edited by Tak; 2008-04-26 at 21:32.