View Single Post
Old 2008-05-19, 18:11   Link #93
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
It's just his way of asking for a custom rig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
And that VF wasn't his to begin with too. I do wish he'd get a customize VF for himself. Or at least have his VF custom painted.
As a rule, there isn't a whole lot of leeway for customization in the Macross shows. Macross Frontier already pulls off as much as we normally see with Alto in a standard configuration (white), Ozma in a commander setup (grey), Michel as long-range support (blue) and Luca as communications and sensors (green). I expect Alto to close out the show with the same model white VF-25 that he's used all along. The obvious exception to all of this is Macross 7, but it doesn't count for all sorts of reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
While Alto's great as a Valk pilot in Gerwalk and fighter mode, I kinda think he's only average at best in battleroid mode. This could be the fact the he was way more experiance flying than ground combat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
As far as I am concerned, the 'princess' is still in training. We will have to see how his character develops. His inability to hold against two smaller Vajras in a closed compartment is not a testimony of his 'less-than-desirable' battroid skills. The odds were against him, the terrain, the units, everything. Otherwise, he held up pretty well against Quran during the training as battroid. In fact, he was shot while in fighter mode.
I think that the more telling point is that it's Alto's inexperience and recklessness that led to him getting shot up so much. I wouldn't be surprised it it ends up being the reason he gets chewed up next. I also expect that he'll get shot up another time or two before Macross Frontier is over.