View Single Post
Old 2008-06-15, 19:19   Link #23
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
There were a lot more characters introduced, and they all got substential times while old characters that made it to Europe still got their turns to shine as well. In addtion, the story pace slows down on Nodame herself, so she became less of a focal point, and in some volumes, even to the point that it seems that she's the "minor" supporting character instead of the main character. The story only turn back to her recently around volume 18 or so. The storyflow has also being consistent and flows too seemlessly similar to NANA, there's really not many breaking points to stop.

Unless you want to see story suddenly ends prematurely and heavly tweaked, 11 episode will have to be enough for now.

I, for one, like it much better this way, god knows how many anime were messed up because they end it prematurely or can't find the right stopping points and ends up ruins the series.
Yeah, it's tricky - here's some of my own thoughts.

It might be better if they cut out big chunks rather than little - personally, I think the best ending point would be chapter 87 (ie most of volume 15). That'd require dropping most of volumes 12-14 though. Quite possible to come back to some of that later with a 3rd series.

The Paris arc starts at chapter 53. With 11 episodes, that could mean around 18-25 chapters, depending on their pace - ie projected end chapter of 70-77. The first main story arc in Paris ends around chapter 60, so they'd have to go *really* slow to end there. A possible end point in 70-77 range would be part-way through chapter 72 (just before the time-skip half-way through the chapter). That could work. Unfortunately it means little piano playing from Nodame (hence my suggestion of chapter 87)

As a side note, the latest chapter is 124. I dunno if there's any good places to discuss the latest chapters (in English). I've looked but haven't seen any. So I've just been reading the raws as best I can. The latest events are pretty shocking! I wonder if the anime will ever get there.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote