Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2008-06-27, 07:29   Link #1412
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Yes I think it's clear she has a soft side towards the others and especially Tsukune but it wasn't what i was thinking about and it doesn't give us the whole picture about her either. I'm rather interested in her relationship with outer Moka (even though she states the only the reason for her is the body) and her origin of her tsundere personality although you could easily explain it with her pride but that seems kinda lame to me.
Well I love to speculate (even if I end up being wrong ) so here's my take on her some of the early years...

If anything, we know that the environment both she and Kokoa grew up in valued 'strength' above all else: Strength of Mind and Body. She's from a warrior-noble house of elite vampires - the strongest monsters in all the world. She had so much to live up to just because she was born a vampire. Taught never to cry or show emotions that would leave you weak, she probably had very Spartan-like training when she was very young up until she left the house to go to the human world. (It boggles my mind that the Head of the House would even allow a child on her own, his child no less and a worthy heir to the leadership in her own time, unless he prepared everything in advance for her to live in the human world 'on her own'.) I feel that Moka had a rare view of the world around her despite being rather 'young'. I find that her pride is more aristocratic in nature rather than vamparic. Every time she's fought, her opponent is frightened off by the rumors of the S-class vampires but she almost 'encourages' them to test the legends for themselves - so that they may learn of the power that made the legends in the first place.

When she got the rosario, it was as if the side of her that she couldn't reveal, or was 'forbidden' to reveal due to its weak nature, was set free in Outer Moka. Of course, Inner Moka can't believe that she'd act this way if she wasn't a noble vampire aristocrat but she tolerates this 'new her' even as she finds that her new 'personality' though while still book smart, is far less able to cope with a surprisingly harsh environment in the human world. Quite naturally, even though she's 'asleep', she was vaugely aware of what was going on and when Outer Moka cried, she feels the same pain as well even though she probably did not know the reason why Outer was crying. Funny that it seems that while Inner Moka was aware of Outer all the time, that Outer Moka did not know/realize that Inner was with her. (Chapter 2)