View Single Post
Old 2004-04-19, 04:09   Link #65
yukari_kiss
dreamer flyer

[QUOTE=kujoe]I also hated the idea that the heroine depends too much on her guardians for protection, despite it being quite logical with respect to her situation. Let's just say I prefer "stronger" female characters--at least with regard to personality. Moreover, I found Miaka simply annoying. I was actually cheering Yui on--who, for me, seemed to be more flawed in a more profound way--[QUOTE]

yeah i think i know what you mean, fushigi yuugi didn't really do it for me either, altho my friend seems to be in love with the whole concept and always dreaming of becoming Miaka, trying to find her Tamahome...i don't mind her dreaming like that and it's kinda sweet... and i mean we all need a bit of dreaming sometimes eh? ok back to the point, yeah, for me, the problem was that everyone seems to be falling for miaka and honestly, what was soooooooo good about her? and everyone seems to want to rape her and stuff...she's too centralised and the story neglects other characters which have great development potentials